Buffy's Hubby Joins Mass Effect 3 Cast

Dec 14, 2009
All I know is, in the little sparring match between Shepard and Vega, my female Shepard is going to beat the shit out of Vega.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm going to say here what I said elsewhere. Ahem.

"Rage...building...*Renegade Interrupt* I WILL MURDER FREDDY PRINZE JR. WITH MY BARE HANDS!! You had to get someone associated with that bucket of [OH GOD IS THAT CENSORED] Wing Commander movie involved, Bioware? REALLY?"

Yeah it was years ago, but the stink can still be smelled!

Noble_Lance

Sep 4, 2011
Huh, not that bad of a selection, not great. But I like that he's excited about the series and the game. I have heard he's a huge raging nerd, so at least even if he's a douche or whatever they are getting someone who actually likes, plays and understands video games.

ShaneGunWolf

Jul 6, 2011
MisterShine said:
At first I was feeling something that could be generously described as "confusion" when I saw this announcement on the Bioware site (glad to see I wasn't the only one who flashed back to Spoony's Wing Commander). However after watching the interview and seeing Mr. Prince's genuine excitement for the game and his character I'm actually looking forward to getting to know Vega in ME3, when before I honestly couldn't have cared less about him really.
This. This guy could actually be a great match to Mr. Vega and I look forward to teaming up with him.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
Everyone hating on Freddie Prinze Jr ... Go watch 24 season 8. Like, right now. Then come back and acknowledge him for the great actor he is.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
ME3 might be the only game I get this March...hope my money and faith is well-spent.

And yet, I remember how everyone compared the first look of the guy to The Situation, thinking he had no character.

It's a BioWare game. Usually they have more personality and background than a wall made of bricks.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
For some reason, it was this trailer that resparked my interest in the game

edit: not to say I wasn't interested before

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I like his genuine love of the series, at least we know he'll be able to put his all into Vega.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
Hmm, I'm actually quite interested in Vega. It'll be interesting to see a character actually having to deal with all the crap we put them through, especially if it lets my Shepards do the same.

But then, I never did feel that any character without a super-dramatic-tragic-broken-bird-psycho background constituted 'boring'.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
All I know is, in the little sparring match between Shepard and Vega, my female Shepard is going to beat the shit out of Vega.
Beat in what way? *Implying face*

However he turns out to be he will always be better than Jack or Ashley.

Dec 14, 2009
ChromaticWolfen said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Garrus is my FemShep's 'sparring' partner and she's a one man-lizard kind of girl.

Vega will get a face full of fist.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Garrus is my FemShep's 'sparring' partner and she's a one man-lizard kind of girl.

Woudn't that be cause enough to try and romance Vegas, just to see Garrus punch him.

Dec 14, 2009
ChromaticWolfen said:
Daystar Clarion said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Woudn't that be cause enough to try and romance Vegas, just to see Garrus punch him.
Pfft, FemShep isn't the kind of woman who plots and schemes.

She doesn't need no man-lizard to do her face punching, she can do all the face punching herself.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I don't know much about Vega as a character. From what I've heard, he does seem to be a pretty boring character but I'll wait until I've talked to him a few times in ME3.
If it turns out that he's really like that, he's just going to stay on the Normandy. The game has enough characters which I like, on more or less doesn't matter to me.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Henchmen.
He refers to the squad mates as Henchmen.
Additionally, this is the same Commander Shepard that got into a fist fight with a Yahg right? That bigass thing that he totally wrecked the shit out of?
How the hell is James Vega going to be more punchy than that?
Totally superfluous character, and with the name Vega, I was so hoping for the Masked Spaniard.

How I wish to fight alongside you across the stars.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Why is the guy from Gears of War: Jersey Shore (The upcoming 4th entry to the series) in Mass Effect?

Dec 14, 2009
Radoh said:
Henchmen.
He refers to the squad mates as Henchmen.
Additionally, this is the same Commander Shepard that got into a fist fight with a Yahg right? That bigass thing that he totally wrecked the shit out of?
How the hell is James Vega going to be more punchy than that?
Totally superfluous character, and with the name Vega, I was so hoping for the Masked Spaniard.

How I wish to fight alongside you across the stars.
'But Spider-Man, how do you not turn every dead beat thug into a bloody puddle?'

It's simple, we kill the Batman he pulls his punches.

I like to think that Shepard pulls his punches, lest his might demolish faces.

As Seen On 360

Jan 22, 2012
James Vega seems unremarkable, that's my initial impression anyway. Aside from the huge muscles he seems very stereotypical.