Bungie: Reach Will be Our Last Halo Trilogy Content

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
HG131 said:
NOW will people shut up about it being milked? THERE ARE MORE GUTAR HERO GAMES THAN HALO GAMES! I don't hear people saying THAT is being milked!
theyre both cash cows and they both have a fanbase(like yourself) who squeel in joy when the next map pack/additional song is released. i myself wasnt buying them to begin with so i dont care either way. maybe theyl unfuck the series with odst maybe not alls i know is im not preordering that thing.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
When is Halo 3: ODST coming out in the UK?

OT: At least now people can now stop complaining about Halo being milked.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Amnestic said:
Arrers said:
That's probably for the best.

HG131 said:
NOW will people shut up about it being milked? THERE ARE MORE GUTAR HERO GAMES THAN HALO GAMES! I don't hear people saying THAT is being milked!
Really? Wow. But you've Got to admit, the Halo anime is crossing the line.
Was the Animatrix 'crossing the line'? Because that has been almost universally viewed as a solid piece of entertainment.

It's the same thing. Wait until it's released, then you can judge whether or not it's 'crossing the line'. Doing so before it's even out is more premature than The Lonely Island
Hey, the idea of a Halo anime just seemed a little crazy to me. By the way, I never saw the Animatrix although I've heard mixed things about it.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
MaxTheReaper said:
HG131 said:
That's because you're probably not listening.

Would you rabidly defend Guitar Hero?
Probably not. So when someone says "Guitar Hero is being milked," you say "I just bought a gallon yesterday!"

The Great JT said:
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't three games equal a trilogy? Halo Reach seems to be a fourth game, ergo it's not a trilogy.
Maybe they only consider Halo 3 half a game?
I dunno how that would work.

to quote:

The Hitch-Hikers guide to the galaxy: A trilogy in five parts.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Well, as much as I love the halo series, everything has to end or else it just gets ridiculous. I think six is an ok number. (And yes, its six, because even though its was a pile of shit, Halo Wars is still part of the halo franchise.)

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
The Great JT said:
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't three games equal a trilogy? Halo Reach seems to be a fourth game, ergo it's not a trilogy. No, wait, it's a fifth, since ODST is technically going to be the fourth.

Dear god, someone needs to tell these people that their games suck.
ODST is a spin off lol And anyway all good trilogys come in 4

lijenstina

Jun 18, 2008
So no future Halo: Master Chief's prostate exams?

I could not be bothered if they want to pull the plug. After ten years of working on Master Chief's wacky adventures they are, probably, bored to death :)

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Eh, this is just the end of the HALO series.

You'll note they did not say the end of "Bad ass spartan Master Chief waging a single-man's war on a new enemy threat in a trilogy of epic proportions."

Master Chief will be back. Count on it.
And frankly, I'm rather curious about what direction they will take him in, what new story and gameplay they could possibly bring to the table that doesn't REEK of "Halo: The saga continues".