Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
zala-taichou said:
xavierxenon said:
zala-taichou said:
Whaddaya know, another reason not to buy it... Like it needed any more.
Kajt said:
Yet another reason not to buy it.
Those reasons being?
Shitty writing, crappy looking weapons, trying to deviate from Modern Warfare but not succeeding, a character with a voice (like there aren't enough nonsense-spewing soldiers running around without the player chiming in). Those reasons.

[edit] Oh, and let's not forget, Baysplosion!
Yeah, but did you ever think the game might actually be, y'know, GOOD? It's people like you that make people like me look like a jackass. I don't need help looking like a jackass thank you very much, I do it well enough on my own.

WAIT FOR THE GAME TO BE RELEASED. If it's shit, you can point and me and go "I told you so!". If it's not? Well then everyone wins, because that's another game we can add to the Does Not Suck pile.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
An unparalleled music experience...Except for people who don't like rap. My music library is filled with ZZ Top, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Somehow or other I doubt I'll be going mad over how great adding Eminem to Black Ops is.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
lol, it would rather funny if fans started to shout "RESPECT!" after the brain washing >.<

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, that's... really wrong.
How is what wrong? I'm confused...
Well, a simple thing such as one song which you could always mute should, in no way, stop you from enjoying the game.
You said that you won't buy it squarely because of it having Eminem... fuck, I misread your comment.
I thought that that fact only changed your mind because I missed the part that said
latenightapplepie said:
Not that I was considering buying Black Ops anyway and that this alone has changed my mind.
Yeah, I missed the "not", my apologies.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Sparrow said:
zala-taichou said:
Yeah, but did you ever think the game might actually be, y'know, GOOD? It's people like you that make people like me look like a jackass. I don't need help looking like a jackass thank you very much, I do it well enough on my own.

WAIT FOR THE GAME TO BE RELEASED. If it's shit, you can point and me and go "I told you so!". If it's not? Well then everyone wins, because that's another game we can add to the Does Not Suck pile.
Hey, I've only looked at the aspects of the game the developer wants me to see (like, trailers). I didn't like those. Now what should my expectations be of the aspects the developer doesn't want me to see?

For me, that sums up Black Ops for now. It might be good, sure, but it doesn't look it from where I'm standing.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
Don't care unless they put this song in

Then I'd have to question Activision and wonder if Bobby had a rough past...

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
xavierxenon said:
zala-taichou said:
Whaddaya know, another reason not to buy it... Like it needed any more.
Kajt said:
Yet another reason not to buy it.
Those reasons being?
'
That Mr.Eminem is shit.
I was not planning on purchasing this game , but if bad decisions continue like this i might as well pirate the little bastard.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
While I have nothing against Eminem, I don't understand the need to hype everything up to the point of insanity. "Unparalleled musical experience?" Next they're going to tell us to turn off all the lights in our room and lie in the dark listening to the soundtrack on repeat.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Hmmm, I don't like this news =\

Eminem was ok at best with his original works, but nowadays, I dunno... he's a bit crap, frankly.

I would have expected to hear some sweet old tunes from the actual era, to be honest - stuff like Hendrix might have been good.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
MurderousToaster said:
An unparalleled music experience...Except for people who don't like rap. My music library is filled with ZZ Top, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Somehow or other I doubt I'll be going mad over how great adding Eminem to it is.
Wait, so you get all your music from video game soundtracks? Because, how would you have Eminem in your library if you didn't pay/download it? Or, is your "music library" all in your head, and that any song you listen to automatically gets added to the Library of the Mind?
Probably should change my post.

By "it" I meant Black Ops, to clarify.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
No. I'm down for them putting hip hop into games, but the artist's content has to fit. I think there are a lot more political/cerebral rappers out there who would fit this so much better, but I can only analyse what I see here, as I've heard nothing. Could be a new track, but to be honest I think Eminem needs to retire and let the new blood from the underground handle it.

The DSM said:
Ermm....

Let me show you how far apart these subjects are...

Rap-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- cold War

Thats very far.

Next we are going to have Metal in a RTS

...Oh wait Brual Legend, crap...
FIXED.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Celebrity soundtracks! Yet another way to keep money from being spent on the freaking game itself!

If MW2 was anything to go by, this game will have a 2-hour campaign and shitty multiplayer, and will still be the most popular thing since sliced bread.

I find it kind of funny (I find it kind of sad) that I read about this right after reading <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/publishers-note/7688-Publisher-Note-10-E-for-Everyone-Except-Me>this article.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im...stoic on this...im not too bothered, but, of all people they could have put in, it could have been alot worse...

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Wow. Bobby's really trying to turn this into as much of a cash cow as he can, isn't he? It's like it checks all the boxes for mainstream sales. Now it's adding music popular with the COD player demographic. It appears to be purely and deliberately devised for maximum sales. Hell, I don't blame them, that's their job. But could they be a little more subtle about it?