Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
i think it would be nice to see it during the credit reel but not during the actual game..

You have to admit, the sneak peak he did for mw2 was pretty cool whether you like rap or not.

I'll enjoy this, even though I tend to shy away from rap..

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I love Eminem, and even I can't defend this. I mean, why? Okay, in a trailer? Cool. End credits? Could work. Actual OST? For a gritty game set in the Cold War? I... I'm not feeling it at all. This would be like if in Fallout 3 you turned on GNR and got a Sum 41 song... it might be a GOOD song, and you might LIKE the song, but it'd undermine the whole atmosphere in question.

I want to have faith in Eminem on this. But I have no faith in Treyarch or Activision right now, and they'd be the ones deciding how to use the music.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Hmmm, I don't like this news =\

Eminem was ok at best with his original works, but nowadays, I dunno... he's a bit crap, frankly.

I would have expected to hear some sweet old tunes from the actual era, to be honest - stuff like Hendrix might have been good.
I completely agree but because of his name and popularity it will draw people into the game which is irritating because frankly along with the generic looking screenshots and mediocre rap.

Shall not be buying it if this is going to be remotely the end product

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops Soundtrack to Feature Eminem

The next installment of the Call of Duty series just got a little bit more hip-hop.

With all the music games that Activision publishes, news about it adding an artist to the lineup of a Guitar Hero or DJ Hero isn't all that unusual, but something like Call of Duty? That's bound to quirk a few eyebrows

It's been confirmed that Eminem will contribute music to Call of Duty: Black Ops, specifically a song from his latest album Recovery. "Activision's fall titles are set to give gamers an unparalleled musical experience," said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick in a statement that included not just Black Ops, but also more traditional music games.

"We have assembled an exceptionally talented roster of artists, many of whom have created exclusive or originally recorded tracks for our games. We are sure our titles will offer a variety of tracks that will appeal to our wide consumer base and delight the most passionate music and gaming fans," he added.

Eminem's unique brand of rapping might not immediately scream "first person shooter set during the cold war", but we don't know as yet exactly where the song will appear, so it might all make sense after all.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39473/E3-2010-Eminem-in-COD-Black-Ops]

Wow. I'm impressed. I never imagined we'd be getting ANOTHER reason to avoid this crappy title, but there it is!

reggaerae

Jun 24, 2010
UnableToThinkOfName said:
"Unparalleled musical experience"?

And Eminem?

Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Another reason not to buy this game, and to hate this utterly mediocre franchise...
Why you hating on the greatest living rapper and offically the artist of the decade?