Call of Duty: Everyone Else

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Rusty Bucket said:
I was reading book 13 in the Wheel of Time series. It's pretty damn good.
Awesome. When my girlfriend bought me it last Christmas I realised that I should probably start the whole series again. I'm currently at the very beginning of Winter's Heart. If I rememeber correctly, the next one is almost dire. I am very much looking to getting to the 1st part of book 13 though.
I can't remember when the series goes downhill. Think it's around book 6/7 though. It's Crossroads of Twilight you want to be worried about though, I found out the other day that fans have nicknamed it 'characters show up' because that's basically all that happens. Have you read The Gathering Storm? If you have, what did you think of it/ I was really impressed with it, Sanderson managed to stay true to the way Jordan wrote the series while still having his own style. I thought it was a big step up in quality from the previous books, and from what I've read of Towers of Midnight it's along the same lines.

Edit: After reading your post again, it sounds like you haven't read The Gathering Storm yet (the first one written by Sanderson). I might just be getting confused here, it's quite late.
Ha, no I haven't read it yet lol. I didn't even know that the next part was out aha.

Yeah, there's one (the name of which I cannot remember and can't be arsed to go back downstairs to find out) that seems to just retell the event where Rand cleanses the taint from EVERY character's perspective. I suppose that's the down side of having so many important characters...But he wrote it in such a fucking dull way.

I've been enjoying it alot so far (having forgotten since my last read through up to book 12) but the painful exchanges between most of the love interests is beyond annoying, written in an uninteresting and infantile way.

BUT in saying that...I do really fucking like the series.
Yeah, book 12 was out last year, 13 this year and the final book should be out November-ish next year.

As far as I can remember that book was Crossroads of Twilight. So fucking dull! As for the whole love interest stuff, I completely agree. Perrin used to be my favourite character until he got married, now he just never stops whining. Fortunately he kept Mat awesome and watching Rand slowly become batshit insane is at least interesting.

This series is a weird one to me. There are huge flaws with some of the writing, massive sections of books that are entirely useless and some characters that are little more tha filler. Despite all that, I still love it, it's one of my favourite series. I think it's down to Jordan's skill at building a world. In my opinion he was second only to Tolkien when it came to creating a deep, beliveable world.

TheAnimal92

May 19, 2010
i was selling the games the game to them! the bastards making me work till 1 in the morning! ah well, as long as they're enjoying it...... if it's getting rubbish reviews i'm gonna be so annoyed xD

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Had a day off from work.
Finally finished Wet, actually quite a fun game, although i forgot i had it...
Downloaded some Kosheen albums from Itunes.
Did some dry brushing on my Galactica, and went over to a friend's house,
to deliver the first two seasons of Voyager.
And we watched Team America.
Now i'm watching Superman III and browsing the web.

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
Erm. I was watching Dragon Ball Z: History of Trunks last night, this morning I was taking my son to school, and today I was studying for a midterm. (I don't know when it was actually released. Was it midnight?)
Exciting!

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
I played a demo Kinect half-drunk with a friend in the front of a Game store that was packed with at least 200 people (while a few other friends waited in the queue for Black Ops -.-), rofl.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I was dreading the next day.

And I wasn't wrong. Black ops was said on average about 20 times a lesson. College sucks when it comes out. What's worse is that complete strangers are asking people if they brought it, then if you say no, they assume you are, then when you aren't, you're apparently hellspawn.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Eh, sleeping, getting up, buying it online and setting it to download then going to work. Might play it tonight, maybe tomorrow.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
i was sleeping for i had wrestling practice that day personally i dont care for black ops everyone at school is flipping out about it i sold my MW2 to my friend today for 30$ my friend asked if i was gonna use the money for black ops i said nope im gonna get me the books i want they were like "WTF OMG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I was getting games, maybe not the most legal way but us poor folk need entertainment too. Last night I indulged myself with some Command and Comquer:Generals, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Plants vs Zombies (My zen garden needed some attention anyways), and how could I forget Homeworld 2 and Rise of Nations?
Yep, yesterday was a good day for my RTS side. :3
plus I was chatting it up with my GF on tinychat, but I guess that's irrelevant as this is a gaming forum.

Reagus

Apr 1, 2009
I worked at my tedious supermarket job for the launch since I thought it would be interesting to see how many turned up and what kind of people they were.

Parring one or two, lets just say the sterotypes of idiotic moron's down the headset on COD Multiplayer were fulfilled by those purchasing it. Needless to say any urge to buy it was nullified after serving masses of retards who would ask you about the new COD controller on the side, then splurt out "Harr Harr, dats shit! Look at it, its shit!" expecting me to say... well, i'm still not sure what.

Highlight of the night was finishing and getting a phone call from my friend who had qued up to buy it, and was wondering as to why he had - Turned out to be a pretty fun phonecall until one of his friends came in his room and wanted to play COD lol

Edit: Re-reading the above it may make me sound a bit bitter, but I was probably just annoyed beacuse I had to have a arragant r-tard of a supervisor in training next to me acting all superior and dickish while I tried to serve mass amounts of customers while he pretty much just stood there

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
ArcWinter said:
Well, at the exact time, I was sleepinq.

Less literally speakinq, I was playinq New Veqas. I'll probably finish New Veqas before I even look at Black Ops.

oh well except for maybe on thursday but my friend invited me and it would be rude to not qo
Something wrong with the "g" their, friend?

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
It was great! I slept in till 1, got my updates online and played some SDvsR 2011, good times.

That being said, I only have ?1.50 in my wallet, if I had 45 I would have bought it last night.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
Sleeping.
I haven't and never will loose sleep over any modern warfare style shooter, or any game for that matter.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Playing Humans vs. Zombies. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105060-Go-to-College-Fight-Zombies-With-Nerf-Weapons]