Call of Duty: Everyone Else

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Playing through Mass Effect again as a character who looks like
Because he's "good police". Now he's "good Spectre".

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Finally got my girlfriend to start playing through Heavy Rain with me. Also...Doing research for an essay.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Rusty Bucket said:
I was reading book 13 in the Wheel of Time series. It's pretty damn good.
Awesome. When my girlfriend bought me it last Christmas I realised that I should probably start the whole series again. I'm currently at the very beginning of Winter's Heart. If I rememeber correctly, the next one is almost dire. I am very much looking to getting to the 1st part of book 13 though.

The87Italians

Jun 17, 2009
Played some Reach and studied german. I am anticipating all of my friends talking about how great the game was and such tomorrow, although I will continue to refuse to buy it.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Awesome. When my girlfriend bought me it last Christmas I realised that I should probably start the whole series again. I'm currently at the very beginning of Winter's Heart. If I rememeber correctly, the next one is almost dire. I am very much looking to getting to the 1st part of book 13 though.
I can't remember when the series goes downhill. Think it's around book 6/7 though. It's Crossroads of Twilight you want to be worried about though, I found out the other day that fans have nicknamed it 'characters show up' because that's basically all that happens. Have you read The Gathering Storm? If you have, what did you think of it/ I was really impressed with it, Sanderson managed to stay true to the way Jordan wrote the series while still having his own style. I thought it was a big step up in quality from the previous books, and from what I've read of Towers of Midnight it's along the same lines.

Edit: After reading your post again, it sounds like you haven't read The Gathering Storm yet (the first one written by Sanderson). I might just be getting confused here, it's quite late.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Asleep i had a lecture at 9. Also anyone I knew who wanted it got during the day. Its just not worth the hassle of getting it at 12 if i do say so myself.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I don't understand, am I supposed to feel slightly entitled by the fact that I didn't buy the game, or is this an attempt to retake the forums?

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
I was asleep when it launched. I have no intention to rush out and buy it, and if I do eventually by it (should it turn out against all my expectations to actually be any good), I will do so preowned because Bobby Kotick can kiss my arse, and will be getting none of my shiny lewts.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Wolfenbarg said:
I don't understand, am I supposed to feel slightly entitled by the fact that I didn't buy the game, or is this an attempt to retake the forums?
It's whatever you wish it to be, my dear fellow. I have no ulterior motives.

TehJammers

May 10, 2009
Found huge cavern in minecraft. SO much iron.
Created large rail network to get to a desert island.
Forgot to sleep.

Sep 13, 2009
Well, for the midnight release I was asleep because I had school the next day. A few of my friends were talking about it, but I still don't intend of buying it. I have Minecraft to get me to x-mas morning and my shiny new copy of RB3.

TehJammers said:
Found huge cavern in minecraft. SO much iron.
Created large rail network to get to a desert island.
Forgot to sleep.
My god man! Keep digging around there. I've run into about 5 of those things in my world. All told I've collected about 5 stacks of red stone, 1 of gold, 10 diamonds, well over 10 stacks of Iron and at least 25 stacks of coal. T'was a glorious day when I created that world *tears up*

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Rusty Bucket said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Rusty Bucket said:
I can't remember when the series goes downhill. Think it's around book 6/7 though. It's Crossroads of Twilight you want to be worried about though, I found out the other day that fans have nicknamed it 'characters show up' because that's basically all that happens. Have you read The Gathering Storm? If you have, what did you think of it/ I was really impressed with it, Sanderson managed to stay true to the way Jordan wrote the series while still having his own style. I thought it was a big step up in quality from the previous books, and from what I've read of Towers of Midnight it's along the same lines.

Edit: After reading your post again, it sounds like you haven't read The Gathering Storm yet (the first one written by Sanderson). I might just be getting confused here, it's quite late.
Ha, no I haven't read it yet lol. I didn't even know that the next part was out aha.

Yeah, there's one (the name of which I cannot remember and can't be arsed to go back downstairs to find out) that seems to just retell the event where Rand cleanses the taint from EVERY character's perspective. I suppose that's the down side of having so many important characters...But he wrote it in such a fucking dull way.

I've been enjoying it alot so far (having forgotten since my last read through up to book 12) but the painful exchanges between most of the love interests is beyond annoying, written in an uninteresting and infantile way.

BUT in saying that...I do really fucking like the series.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Iwata said:
Wolfenbarg said:
It's whatever you wish it to be, my dear fellow. I have no ulterior motives.
Fair enough. I watched every episode of A Good Knight's Quest. I was at first bored and disappointed, but finished off slightly satisfied.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Eating ice cream and procrastinating on some papers.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ooh, and I just preordered Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (which I've dubbed Ass Bros. Not AC:B, because we already have one of those [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Bloodlines-Sony-PSP/dp/B002BS47WG]). I don't think I've ever looked forward to multiplayer anything until now, and I just consider it a bonus to what's going to be a great game.