Can someone recommend me an anime?

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
I'd heartily recommend Berserk - it being my fav. and all.

Ergo proxy and the original Dragon Ball (not DBZ) are good too.

I'd also recommend One Piece if you ever get a taste for the longer running stuff - it's better than all the other Shonen Jump material put together!

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Wyatt118 said:
That doesn't make me feel like a creep or pervert? (preferably a short anime.)

Edit: Seen most of Cowboy Bebop, and parts of Ghost in the shell. Both were very enjoyable.
I have 3 very different ones. One of them is sure to fit your interests.

First is One Piece; this is just an epic combination of silliness and action, but overall, there's real heart and emotion to this series. Only problem is it starts off a bit slow but really kicks off around episode 30; however the series is very long and still going. Trust me when I say there's a lot of emotion built into this show though

2nd is Gash Bell
It's about a kid who has the ability to shoot different forms of lightning attacks from his mouth when spells are read from a book that can only be used by his partner, Kiyo. There are 100 other children with similar abilities that Gash must face if he wants to become a kind ruler. It's hilarious and at the same time filled with action. There's also mystery incorporated along with a great deal of puzzles you can really get yourself into.

They censored a LOT in the dub version though

3rd is Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. If you enjoy non-sensible silliness complete with sex jokes and toilet humor, this is for you

So yeah, here's my contribution, hope you find one you like :3

G96 Saber

Jun 5, 2011
This are all Drama/Action anime's, some may have sexual themes but aren't perverted.

1. Seiko No Blacksmith (no gore)
2. Claymore (lot's of gore, deep meaning and sexual themes but not perverted)
3. Darker than Black (a bit of gore)
4. Devil May Cry (lot's of gore)
5. Death Note (one of the highest rated anime's ever, explores psychology)
6. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (another one of the highest rated anime's ever)

Two anime's that have just started that are amazing are: Deadman Wonderland and ao no exorcist.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Two films, rather than series: Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

I'd suggest Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 for a series but it has gratuitous perviness in a couple of places.

Mega48man, a bit of advice: "ignore them and they'll leave you alone" is even more utter bullshit than "violence is the only language they understand." It'd be more accurate than either of those to say: "Fear is the only form of respect they recognise." They'll leave you alone when they fear you. Conforming won't achieve that. Shoving one's throat down onto a fence's top rail and leaning on him until he passes out will.

Nasty? Yes. Dangerous? Maybe. Bullies? F___ 'em.

JohnTomorrow

Green Thumbed Gamer
Jan 11, 2010
Wyatt118 said:
That doesn't make me feel like a creep or pervert? (preferably a short anime.)

Edit: Seen most of Cowboy Bebop, and parts of Ghost in the shell. Both were very enjoyable.
First off, finish off Cowboy Bebop before anything else and watch the movie afterwards. They are both instant classics.

Then get yourself both GitS 1 and 2, then watch the series.

Then, off the top of my head, a good recent one is the Golgo 13 series. Well thought out, a bit of TnA, nothing too saucy. Then there's the classics - Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist. Good movies are Appleseed, Castle of Cagliostro, Spriggan and of course, the grandaddy of them all, Akira.

IF ANYTHING WATCH AKIRA. It is an INSTANT classic and you MUST watch it. It is a brilliant movie.

Jan 27, 2011
I recommend Gundam 00.

It. Was. AWESOME. Not only is the action good, but it is SMART. There are a lot of brilliant moments in that show.

And I have not seen the second season yet which is apparently even BETTER.

G96 Saber

Jun 5, 2011
JustaGigolo said:
Zekksta said:
have u tried naruto and bleach? they are probbaaby the best animes out.

onepeice is good to.
He said 'short,' not 'never ending shit.'
i just choked on my doctor pepper. What's the worst that could happen? Apart from the OP watching never ending shit.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
My usual recommendation in these situations is FLCL. Very short, very smart, very weird, very great. Also has one of the best English dubs.

But...I'm not sure it's possible to watch it without feeling like a creep/pervert.

It's probably still worth watching. Things more like you requested: Baccano, Darker Than Black, and Mushi-Shi are some of the better anime I've seen recently (and on Netflix now!).

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Lucky Star sort of makes you look like a pervert... Deathnote is AMAZING! Haruhi Suzumiya is pretty good too
But yeah definitely watch DeathNote

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
RAWR too much mainstream and shonen shit.. As a difference maker try either Kaiba, Kemono no Souja Erin and Eureka 7. *bows down to these hidden gems* Oh yeah the latter 2 are both 50 episodes long and is still short in my standards. :)

Or if you really want a short anime, then watch Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke. Each of them is just 2 hrs long :p.

As for manga I highly recommend Berserk.

EDIT: Pfff I forgot to mention CLANNAD, True Tears and Seirei no Moribito.

CrazyHatMan

Jun 21, 2009
Go watch Gintama. It's a show about life, about aliens and robots, about samurais and hairdressers, a show about everything, and mostly nothing at all. Go watch it.