Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
YOU HAVE SINNED!

But I can't help but feel I have done far greater crimes. Crimes which are about to be shared.

First of all . . .

I actually like Lady Gaga. For me this is a guilty pleasure because I'm the type of guy that searches for more obscure music from other countries or indie. And my next sin . . .

I love the Dynasty Warriors series. It's the same damn game, the voice acting is awful, it's repetitive . . . but I wuv Dynasty Warriors. Heck, I love Koei in general since I also play Romance Of The Three Kingdoms and Nobunagas Ambition.

And thirdly . . .

I actually love Resident Evil's voice acting. So campy, cliche' and horrid I just can't help but love it ^_^

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
You know, I am old enough to not be ashamed of the things I like. But there are times and places where you don't necessarily talk about them. That being said... I write fanfiction. I like Yaoi except for the ones in which the older/richer/more powerful partner pursues a guy who doesn't want them, who pleads not to be groped and fondled and the first character does it anyway, endlessly. Sorry me boyos, that's sexual assault, and not what I am looking for in Yaoi. Oh yes, and I write some very adult stuff, too with prose that's downright violet (Purplish, that is, not violent).

I still have an active fantasy life (which helps when it comes to writing), and some of my favorite movies are violently hated by other people, like "Hawk the Slayer", "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" and "Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God". I also like "Scourge of Worlds" the CGI- Animated D&D Feature. And I love to read. A lot. Including what is usually called Kid's Books (in the J Section of the Library I work at), stuff like the Roman Mysteries, The Goddess Girls series. The Edge Chronicles, and the Bartholemew Grimes series.

Moving up to more adult fiction, I read a lot of Sci-Fi and Fantasy, along with Romance and Historical Mysteries, but I'll pick up anything if it looks interesting enough. And Graphic novels, too, though lately, alot of them have been sucking and blowing goats. (I blame you, Marvel and DC!)

The thing I could say I am most ashamed of is being attracted to videogame characters. Somehow, I now have the Sniper and Engineer from Team Fortress 2 taking up space in my head (and I haven't even played the game!), and I just spent most of two days on Deviant Art looking up pictures of them. I may be 43, but I'm still a teenager inside, it seems.

Oh yeah, and I was a nerd before being a nerd was cool. Still love Doctor Who and Babylon 5. I still slightly prefer Babylon 5 to Star Trek or Star Wars. And just to complete my little catalog of "guilty pleasures", I still play Dungeons and Dragons, and have all the books from the first three editions, plus all my modules, with doubles of the ones that are getting awfully careworn (Temple of Elemental Evil, anyone?)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
PureChaos said:
S Club 7 were great, REACH FOR THE STARS!
Their ain't no party like an S Club party. What choo on about :p

Yeah, guilty pleasure of mine too.

Feb 13, 2008
swenson said:
I...

I read smutty vampire and werewolf romance novels.
Meredith Gentry series by Laurryl.K. Hamilton is the most warped.
or anything by J.R.Ward. So I've heard.

And as for S Club 7...

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
PureChaos said:
S Club 7 were great, REACH FOR THE STARS!
I watched their TV Show as a kid. Yes, even the seasons after they left the hotel. Every episode. -_-

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
I don't mind Caramelldansen. >_>

I like some of the poppier anime styles of music. Something about the semi-complex techno tunes (not so nmuch the beats as the actual music) just really appeals to me.

And more than half of my music collection is orchestral/soundtrack. My favourite song is something that I doubt anyone on here has ever heard of, and is yet a soaring music adventure of love and loss.

Draksila

Feb 10, 2010
I loved Hudson Hawk. One of my best friends and I used to be able to quote the movie ad nauseum.

I'm a Silent Hill fan who liked Homecoming and the movie.

I actually like 4th edition D&D.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
TOP GEAR - US <..>

<.<

I'd never prefer it over the original, but can't deny that i do watch the show XD

ldbmikey86

Feb 11, 2009
I liked All Points Bulletin and my friends and I are excited for its re-birth in the hands of this new developer.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
NONONONONO IT WILL BE IN MY HEAD ALL DAY WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOOONE?!

I'm a theatre nerd, and I consume it with abandon. I know Legally Blonde like the back of my hand. I also watch shows that I get shunned for: Pretty Little Liars and Glee.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I'm a sucker for romantic comedy chickflicks, I've been told this is not appropriate behaviour for a straight adult male.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Hellcats.

Yeah, the tv show about cheerleaders. I knew from the second episode it would be a guilty pleasure of mine, but I love Ashley Tisdale so much in this show and I've never liked any other role she's had.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I find this article extremely sad. Not because you enjoy that music, but because you are secretly ashamed that you like it. You shouldn't be afraid to tell anyone that you enjoy something, if they judge you because of that, then that is their fault and they obviously aren't people you should be spending time around anyway.

I loved reading the Twilight books. Sure, they were horrible works of literature, but I enjoyed every minute of my reading them. I still throw on the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, and Britney Spears from time to time when I'm in the mood for it. I'm not ashamed at all that I do these things because I really do enjoy them.

I have never, and probably will never understand why people can be ashamed of enjoying things. The concept of a guilty pleasure is beyond me. I feel like it stems from people being insecure about themselves and what others think of them, so they hide what they enjoy to get people to like them more. Why do you care so much? The closest friends don't care whether or not you're addicted to Viva Pinata (wonderful game) or love reading Harlequin Romance novels (They certainly have a charm about them).