Can you please tell me why they Ban me in ResetEra for posting a Game about Dating Helicopters?

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Just to play Devil's advocate here. Maybe that game or whatever it is, would appear to a someone as making a mockery of a struggle real people have to deal with daily? Isn't I identify sexually as an attack helicopter not one of the jokes people use to mock transgender people?

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
evilthecat said:
Ah, so this is the Right's fabled meming ability..
As someone who identifies as neither Right nor Left I have to say the Right definitely has a sense of humor the Left sorely lacks. :p I have to say though, you have to be really wel versed into meme culture as I don't even get these obtuse references before someone explains it.

As for Resetera I'm not surprised. CCP party meetings were less conformist. I somehow imagine every poster on that forum as a variation of that Sasha Cohen character Dr. Nira Cain-N'Degeocello in Who is America: "Namaste, I'm Dr. Nira Cain-N'Degeocello, and I'm a cis-gender, white, heterosexual male for which I apologize.'' xD

Their gaming discussions can be pretty good though, people tend to not be so negative about games there.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
stroopwafel said:
As someone who identifies as neither Right nor Left I have to say the Right definitely has a sense of humor the Left sorely lacks.
Left wing comic legends: Norman Lear, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor

Right wing comic legends: Dennis Miller, Steven Crowder, That Million Dollar Extreme guy.

Yea, the left is really lacking in that fight.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Vendor-Lazarus said:
SweetShark said:
Bilious Green said:
Don't bother. Reset Era are the most insufferably self righteous of the "progressives" that exiled themselves from Neogaf after the whole Evilore kerfuffle. They are a punchline for the rest of the gaming internet and not worth bothering with unless you are going there expressly to troll them.
Nah, I found some nice people in some specific Threads I hang out.
Plus I have my Thread which I post upcoming indie games, so is all good.

I will see this as a little break. My Ban for a week after all.

After that I will be more careful of what I posting.
Take care when you begin to self-censor. The politically correct rules change all the time.
That's a bit ironic, saying that in this thread. The whole Attack Helicopter meme is meant to force censorship onto trans people. Which sounds very PC to me...

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Someone in the WW got a warning for posting a picture of non-anthropomorphized jet engines having sex. Moderators internet wide just seem to have issues with aircraft intimacy.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
ex951753 said:
Saw this on Facebook on ResetEra a while ago that made me chuckle: https://i.redd.it/cssmwi5ytv911.jpg
I don't get it. Why would anyone bother with a place like that? Dr. Dre at the end there probably saw the light.

Oct 22, 2011
The "attack helicopter" joke pops up now and then as a way of mocking trans people.

However, 1 week ban, first offence and no explanation? Geez, and people say moderation here is harsh.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Honestly, I thought the meme wasn't (at least ought to be) brought up until otherkin are involved. We can still mock otherkin, right? RIGHT?!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
stroopwafel said:
evilthecat said:
Ah, so this is the Right's fabled meming ability..
As someone who identifies as neither Right nor Left I have to say the Right definitely has a sense of humor the Left sorely lacks.
You say that like its a bad thing. That 'sense of humor' they are so proud of is called a bigoted lacking of empathy.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
ex951753 said:
Saw this on Facebook on ResetEra a while ago that made me chuckle: [Image snip]
I do like that it clearly enough states WHY they were punished though.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Can we not do the cross-forum drama thing? It's probably the most tiring of Internet forum drama

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
McElroy said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
What I'm wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?
Because they are ultimate killing machines?
Like an Apache or a Blackhawk? Or no....like Airwolf? Yes, that I could see. Which reminds me, I really gotta rewatch those. I think it would?ve been cool if they put KITT into Airwolf, because why not?

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
stroopwafel said:
As someone who identifies as neither Right nor Left I have to say the Right definitely has a sense of humor the Left sorely lacks. :p I have to say though, you have to be really wel versed into meme culture as I don't even get these obtuse references before someone explains it.
Oh yeah, have you even seen these right wing memes? They're off the fucking chain.

I mean, "free helicopter rides". Fucking hilarious right. Who doesn't like helicopters, they're just inherently funny because they're like planes with no wings. Also, the Pinochet regime used to kill its political opponents by throwing them out of helicopters over the sea so their bodies wouldn't be found, and that's funny because what if that but people I don't like.

Genius humour. Just genius. Noone on the left could match this kind of intense multi-layered satirical masterpiece. It's like they're playing chess on so many dimensions we can't even count them, but the chess is comedy and the pieces are murdering people who you politically disagree with or think are inferior for some reason. Just. How? How could a human mind produce such perfection. It's incredible, it's like poetry, but not shit and boring like poetry.

Meanwhile, what have we on the left got? What comedy material could we possibly have? I mean, shit, we're inherently disadvantaged because the right wing literally never produces cringe. It gives us nothing. Fucking hell, have you seen gamergate propaganda images? That shit is classy. Just so damn classy. Also, the right is mostly heterosexual white dudes, and those guys are simultaneously incredibly thick skinned and self-depreciating and also famed for their good humour and joie de vivre.

I mean fuck. How do we compete with that? I'm honestly surprised we can even manage basic sarcasm..

Still, "I identify as an attack helicopter" is pretty good. I prefer it when we laugh at it for being a bad yet unfortunately accurate stereotype of crap right wing attempts at "humour" though.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
SweetShark said:
Ok, I got lost.
What do you mean with right and left wing exactly?
I don't know who you're asking specifically, but I'll have a go.

Usually you pick one side and then blame everything on the other. I'm only sorta joking

For a real answer: Right wing is usually conservative, Left is progressive

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
hanselthecaretaker said:
McElroy said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
What I'm wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?
Because they are ultimate killing machines?
Like an Apache or a Blackhawk? Or no....like Airwolf? Yes, that I could see. Which reminds me, I really gotta rewatch those. I think it would?ve been cool if they put KITT into Airwolf, because why not?
Don't forget Blue Thunder.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Windknight said:
Also, transphobes are SUPREMELY unimaginative, and once they see an anti trans joke, they'll regurgitate it ad nauseum. You See the same 3-4 bigoted jokes over and over.
Just because you don't get it doens't mean it wasn't funny. In fact, repetition can enhance the comedy.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Smithnikov said:
stroopwafel said:
Left wing comic legends: Norman Lear, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor

Right wing comic legends: Dennis Miller, Steven Crowder, That Million Dollar Extreme guy.

Yea, the left is really lacking in that fight.
That's not much of a point in any favor. If Carlin was alive today saying the stuff he said, he'd be crucified by today's left. The Overton window has shifted harshly. All those comics are counter-culture, and Carlin was up against the religious right. Steven Crowder barely counts as a comedian, but he's still against today's leftists, who are standing in place of Carlin's right. Hell, I'd love to see Chris Rock do his famous routine today, because he'd be called an Uncle Tom for suggesting that black people aren't oppressed by whites.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
SweetShark said:
Ok, I got lost.
What do you mean with right and left wing exactly?
Well, those words don't mean anything exactly, they only mean things vaguely. So, from someone who most people would regard as left wing: in general left means wanting better protections for workers, supporting the rights of women, religious and racial minorities, LGBTQIA people, etc, decriminalising certain drugs, police acountability.

Right means wanting freedom for corporations and low taxes so that those who own property can do what they like with it and the people who depend on it, wanting less immigration, wanting though policing. Moderate rightwingers often nominally support the rights of women, minorities etc too but don't believe much needs to be done in that regard.

On the issue of trans people the leftwing positions include that they exist, that that's fine, that once you transition you can become another gender, that they face a lot of discrimination and violence and that that's bad, that public bathrooms should be genderneutral so that people are less likely to beat trans people up for using the wrong bathroom etc. More rightwing people tend to deny some or all of these things.

Some of the conversation here has turned to a talking point amongst certain rightwingers that they have funnier memes and leftwingers disagreeing with that. If that sounds like a discussion with bizarrely low stakes to you and something you wouldn't really care about, bravo, you have basic common sense.