Canadian Hopes to Resurrect Dinosaurs With Chicken DNA

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Sounds like a win-win to me: The scientific community gets some fascinating data, and we get itty bitty chicken-sized dinos.
I think dinosaur sized chickens would be better, Megafowl which could be rode into battle like a giant Chocobo.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
theflyingpeanut said:
Ergh. I don't want to see the first results of this man "flipping genetic levers". Or any of the poor, freaky looking bastardised dino-chickens.
^^this. Also, if the guy worked on the JP films, one would think he would learn that actual live dinosaurs in this day and age aren't a terribly good idea...

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Hey. It can happen. I have seen a chicken with teeth and scales, this happens by somehow making old genes alive again...

Canada rules. I love Canada.

EDIT: And would it not be awesome to keep one as a pet? Scales, lizardy tail, weird little slit eyes, no little thing on the neck or head, and no teeth (As he can decide not to flick the genetic switch.) and you have the perfect pet. I'd love to show that of at pet day.

Mrs.TeacherName: What is your pet?
Me: My pet? VELOCIRAPTOR BITCHES!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Either we'll get some awesome Pokémons and possibly some Chocobos (finally, magic happenings coming to life by science, science rules!), or they're going to bring Godzilla to kill us all. My bet's on Godzilla. They're gonna lose control and will let lose dinosaurs all over the world, and it'll be a new world war, only with dinosaurs... Hey, that would be a cool idea for a game!

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA! soon with our dinosaur riding army we will be fit to take over the world!!! NOTHING WILL STOP US NOW!! * adjusts monocle and tophat* yes not even canniblistic batman *twirls tiny mustach*

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
Old news. They've been playing with this idea for a while now, though they focused on the growth of feathers vs. scales.

I suppose if he's going to take it to the next step, that'd be good... Just hope Wayne Knight isn't in charge of their computers...

silence9123

Apr 2, 2009
"Canadian scientist Hans Larsson believes he can revive dinosaurs..."
Why does is the nationality important ?
"Glasses wearer, bed wetter, atheist scientist Hans Larsson believes he can revive dinosaurs..."

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
poncho14 said:
One more reason why Canada is fucking awesome. Although won't they die because of tempertures. Also will we be eating them? :D

Would this be yours? It seems like it could be used to hit the nail on the head, like you just did.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
leave it to the Canadians to get something as lame as the chicken and make it into something as awesome as a dinosaur

Churro

Apr 5, 2008
Am I the only one who is totally skeptical? Does everyone else really think this will work? I didn't know I was that jaded.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
...itty bitty chicken-sized dinosaurs...who [can] spit poisonous venom and eat our faces off...
Or if things go awry, dinosaur-sized chickens. Soon they will be eating people nuggets and Mcpeople sandwhichs from ChickDonalds and drive their Chicken.....cars. Lost my momentum.

Sweet! Science is only a few steps away from creating actual live pokemon!
And Beedrill will STILL SUCK!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
eoin90210 said:
leave it to the Canadians to get something as lame as the chicken and make it into something as awesome as a dinosaur
the funny part is the chicken is descended from the raptor, well one type of raptor at least, a lot of raptors had feathers. hence why they are using a chicken

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Yeah, Canada will make dinosaurs AGAIN only to have them wiped out AGAIN by nuclear holocaust... poor dinosaurs :*(

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Churro said:
Am I the only one who is totally skeptical? Does everyone else really think this will work? I didn't know I was that jaded.
It has worked. They revived a dead gene and gave a chicken teeth and a long raptor-like tail. Only a little longer before scales, raptor head, raptor arms, and little Dino-Chicken.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
eoin90210 said:
the funny part is the chicken is descended from the raptor, well one type of raptor at least, a lot of raptors had feathers. hence why they are using a chicken
I say we use Emus. Emus, now they'd make a nice big raptor. The nice-ness of Emus, the awesomeness of raptors.