Canadian Hopes to Resurrect Dinosaurs With Chicken DNA

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
The phone, basketball, insulin, tracer bullets, the pacemaker, the zipper, and now dinosaurs.

Rest of the world: You're welcome.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
...itty bitty chicken-sized dinosaurs...who [can] spit poisonous venom and eat our faces off...
Sweet! Science is only a few steps away from creating actual live pokemon!
Maybe they'll start off with a Torchic...

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Oh no, when will we learn that man was not meant to play God? When the itty chicken dinos eat our collective heads to fuel their breeding?

This will only end badly, if films are to be believed.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Glefistus said:
Forgive my bad English, but how is it ironic he worked on the Jurassic Park films? Isn't irony when something is not what is expected?
One would not expect a man who worked on a film about the dangers of resurrecting animals who want to eat our bones to be coming up with plans on how we could resurrect animals who want to eat our bones.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
On behalf of all those living in Canada, let me offer my deepest apologies to you, your friends, your family, and everyone else who is going to get their asses chewed off.

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
lwm3398 said:
Churro said:
Am I the only one who is totally skeptical? Does everyone else really think this will work? I didn't know I was that jaded.
It has worked. They revived a dead gene and gave a chicken teeth and a long raptor-like tail. Only a little longer before scales, raptor head, raptor arms, and little Dino-Chicken.
If that's true then that's really frigging awesome. Nevertheless, the bit in Jurassic Park 2 when the guy gets killed by the wee dinosaurs scared me...

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I don't agree. If they manage to bring back something too powerful, they could have an evolutionary edge on us. Sure, we have all the technology, but they are naturally evolved to hunt anything. We're not naturally evolved to be able toescape them, especially as the modern world would've dulled our instinctive survival skills.

If they bring back small stuff, and treat it well, fair enough. But bringing back something like t-rexes for example (which I know isn't possible now, but no doubt, they'll look to develop the technology further) could spell disaster if any subjects escaped.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
i remember seeing this topic(not from this site mind you, just a show.) on the discovery channel a few years ago. are you people just finding out about it?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
How can anyone possibly think this is a good idea? I'll need to see what Philosoraptor as to say about this!

Jun 11, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
The phone, basketball, insulin, tracer bullets, the pacemaker, the zipper, and now dinosaurs.

The zipper causes a lot of horrific accidents to males not paying attetion when using it not something I would be quick to gloat about watch "There's Something About Mary" to see why.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Jandau said:
I honestly can't make up my mind if it's a good idea or a bad one. One one hand, we have Jurasic Park happening, on the other we have the potential for Velociraptor Cavalry [http://media.photobucket.com/image/warhammer%20cold%20one/Osaliske/Fantasy/ColdOneKnightsflank.jpg].
can you honestly tell me that wouldnt be cool? honestly! and we have guns. little guns, big guns, that can rip the raptors to shreds.... id hope

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
ok yell at me if you must but the 1st thing that came into my mind when I saw that headline in the threads was:

/sterotypical Canadian accent:

I'm making a veloci-turkeys eeh

/end racism

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Did they learn nothing from jurassic park? This cannot end well. When raptors are munching on your heads, don't say i didn't warn you. On the bright side, maybe i'll finally be able to get my pet t-rex that i've always wanted :D

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Glademaster said:
Lord_Panzer said:

The zipper causes a lot of horrific accidents to males not paying attetion when using it not something I would be quick to gloat about watch "There's Something About Mary" to see why.
Friends don't let friends drift and zip.