Canadian Hopes to Resurrect Dinosaurs With Chicken DNA

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Has I saw this a mental image was formed. Apparently I was taking my kid to Canada to see the Dinosaurs, then something goes terribly wrong in the lab and a mutant dinosaur comes out and kills everybody.

But yeah, this is just plain awesome.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
No, nope, don't see ANY possible way for THIS to possibly end badly.

*begins placing ammunition and rifles into Chaos theory Survival Kit?*

Jun 11, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Glademaster said:
Lord_Panzer said:
The phone, basketball, insulin, tracer bullets, the pacemaker, the zipper, and now dinosaurs.

Rest of the world: You're welcome.
The zipper causes a lot of horrific accidents to males not paying attetion when using it not something I would be quick to gloat about watch "There's Something About Mary" to see why.
Friends don't let friends drift and zip.
They never let them but you can't keep your eye on them 24/7 button trousers are the way forward although zips are great for coats and pockets I'll defintely give them that just not trousers after seeing that movie I'm extra vigilant.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
If that laboratory doesn't contain at least 1 tesla coil I will be sadly disappointed.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Alright that's it, it was fine when you Canadians just sat up there covering our country's hair, but now you want to bring back dinosaurs... No, no sir Canada we like you for your syrup not your ideas. Go back outside and harvest it, and leave the giant territorial reptiles to the movies eh?

South Park announced it years back in song when the humanity ends due to a bad case of digested, "Blame Canada."

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I still object to the phrase "evolution", when people speak of birds and dinosaurs, its pretty evident to me, dinosaurs devolved into birds. The point of evolution is to get better, anyone seen a pigeon recently, now look at a T-Rex, see my point? They've gone down hill.

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
Johnn Johnston said:
Silly Canadians. Everyone knows it was frog DNA in the films.
nononono! it was actual dinosaur DNA, but they filled in any gaps with a frog's. The whole dinos being chickens came from the third one.. or second.. i think?

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
The only way raptors will ever pose a threat to mankind is if they learn to fully capitalize on the wild chicken's innate tree climbing and limited gliding ability. Otherwise they're just cannon fodder..

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Great, just when my shrink told me my paranoid fear of Velociraptors was irrational...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
lewiswhitling said:
The only way raptors will ever pose a threat to mankind is if they learn to fully capitalize on the wild chicken's innate tree climbing and limited gliding ability. Otherwise they're just cannon fodder..
where do you think they learned how to do that?

what we thought of as a scaly raptor is probly wrong, they most likely had feathers

micky

Apr 27, 2009
next they will try to make robot chickens that will make there own show!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
We could have Canada's dinosaurs fight Japan's robots on live tv death matches.

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
lewiswhitling said:
where do you think they learned how to do that?

what we thought of as a scaly raptor is probly wrong, they most likely had feathers
Chickens probably became more and more dependent on climbing trees as they got smaller. I doubt raptors could climb or glide very well. The feathers likely were used more for communication and intimidation... maybe even warmth imo.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
If everyone will stop drawing comparisons to Jurassic Park, please read this Macleans article that fleshes out the concept a bit more. Oh, it also compares this research to Jurassic Park...OK then. Well at least stop comparing it to Pokemon! This is SCIENCE!!!

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/08/20/the-quest-to-build-a-dinosaur/