Cartoon that was canceled you wish hadn't been.

Shieldage

May 20, 2010
Hermia said:
Madshadow said:
Of course Batman beyond, also Pirates of Darkwater and Fish police
Finally someone else who remembers Pirates of Darkwater, most people have no idea what I am talking about when I bring that show up. I agree with your choice.

Also, Invader Zim.
Definitely Pirates of Darkwater. As a collect and fetch show, they could easily have wrapped up the main plot in a few episodes. Maybe with an aftermath season where they help repair the world.

Avatar: The Last Airbender could easily have had a Book of Air season where it turns out that bending null members of various tribes can actually learn other elements. Aang founds a new airbending school, Sokka turns out to be a Firebender.... ;)

... Glad there's a sequel series coming out soon. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

Orcboyphil said:
Dungeons and Dragons, the kids never got home.
Dungeons and Dragons even has a series finale written. From the wiki: " The US DVD release is notable for having a specially created "radio play" of the final episode, "Requiem", that was never made " http://www.michaelreaves.com/requiem_preface.htm

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
I can think of two.
Teen Titans had a great story and excellent characters, and they never really gave it an ending. The last episodes, while they are good, don't explain much of what happens to the characters.
Also, Skyland. I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but it was absolutely fantastic. The story was great, and the characters were well developed, but they never gave it an ending! If they could just end shows before they got canceled that would be awesome.

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
Invader Zim was AWESOME. It was funny, it was original and it really was not for kids at all.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
PortalFTW said:
Invader Zim was AWESOME. It was funny, it was original and it really was not for kids at all.
I always wondered how they managed to get that show past the corporate censors.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Cyber 6. Ripping Friends. Ren & Stimpy. Baby Blues. PowerPuff Girls. Histeria!. Dexter's Laboratory. The clip shows Kablaam! and Oh, Canada! Invader Zim. Megas XLR. The Animaniacs. Freakazoid. Many more that I agree with on this thread.

Also, thread bookmarked to find clips of the cartoons mentioned that I haven't seen. Good Show.

I am upset that Sonic X took so long to cancel. :|

(Sentence fragments!)

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
You know another I liked was Static Shock, it was pretty silly but he was also pretty awesome at times. They sort of just ended it on a cliff hanger. That said some episodes were so much better than others.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
It wasn't canceled but after the 3rd season of Spongebob Squarepants, I wish it got canceled.
How do you go from a great cartoon to a cartoon that is made up of 100% stupid?

Plus the voices changed to make them sound even stupider.

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
Invader Zim
Ed, Edd, and Eddy (i wanted to see what new pranks they could pull in school)
Samurai Jack
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Megas XLR
Power Puff Girls

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
Now is this ONLY cartoons.

If yes... Invader Zim, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, The Brak Show, other already mentioned.

If no... (other than the cartoons) Firefly definately.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
bahumat42 said:
Condor219 said:
Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and Samurai Jack. I have absolutely no idea why any of those were cancelled.
Newly formed production company Frederator Films has announced in Variety that one of their first projects will be a feature film adaptation of Samurai Jack, written and directed by Genndy Tartakovsky.[2][8] As of September 2009, the film is in the writing stage of pre-production to be distributed by Paramount Pictures and co-produced by J. J. Abrams alongside Fred Seibert of Frederator Films

There is hope for an end to jacks story. And anyway the team that made jack also made the equally entertaining original clone wars series.
This excites me. I hope the 7+ year interlude won't have an impact on the quality it had *coughDukeNukemcough*.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
squidbuddy99 said:
Anyone here familiar with the Dilbert show? It was actually really well thought out. The episodes go over intellectual theories in a more...comedic sense. Like how Dilbert wonders who decides what constitutes as 'art', and designs a simple picture of a blue duck's silhouette to prove his theory, which becomes so popular that it destroys the art industry. Or how Dilbert creates a race of sentient super-beings capable of solving all the world's problems, which everyone hates because they look like flies.

Hell, there's even an episode where Dilbert and company invent a co-worker on which to pile their work, but their imaginary co-worker recieves heaps of praise and actually rises above his creators.The fake co-worker's name is Todd. At one point in the show they saw the phrase "There is no Todd". So yes, this show has an episode about what it means to be religious and the theory of a near-omnipotent being as a creation of man.

All in all, it recieved much more effort than was probably necessary, which is commendable.

Plus the theme song is kickass:

Dilbert was one of the cartoons I was going to mention actually. I have the two seasons on my itunes account and its a good thing to watch first thing on a morning. I especially like Company Picnic episode where Dilbert and the other engineers have to play against marketing at softball and Dilbert develops a crush on one of the marketing players. I also agree that the theme song is awesome!

Another one is Lucy the daughter of the devil I especially liked H. Jon Benjamin as the Devil with his funky sweaters and his half assed attempts to kill DJ Jesus. Also Sister Mary as one of the people having to go after and kill the antichrist (The titular Lucy) and ends up killing several other people instead, often for trivial reasons (for example, she kills a store owner for charging her $7000 for the Glass eye of St.Augustine which identifies the antichrist another one is when she kills an archbishop when she thinks he is a vampire, despite being told repeatedly that you cannot be changed into a vampire if they bite you, you have to drink their blood). All in all I find it quite enjoyable to watch, but I can see why some people were offended.

Also, I can't forget The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy it was my favourite cartoon of my childhood. Buying the entire season one is probably one of the best things I ever bought on my iTunes. Can't beat Billy and Mandy.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
Invader Zim. Such a shame that Nikelodeon screwed up with a uniquely dark cartoon with a lot of potential. That there was a third season and a movie planned and partially complete before the cancellation is just a big slap in the face.

Sigh...missed opportunities.
This and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. the creators went on to make The Misadventures of Flapjack and that was a huge step backwards. Plus the same actor that did the voice for Zim was the same voice for Billy.