Cartoon that was canceled you wish hadn't been.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Where do I start?!

Howabout shows like The Angry Beavers, Megas XLR, Freakazoid, Teen Titans, Animaniacs, Samurai Jack, Histeria, and The Spectacular Spiderman, to name but a few...

EDIT: Also- Sam and Max: Freelance Police, Tiny Toon Adventures, Kabalam!, Invader Zim, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Swat Kats The Radical Squadron, Reboot, Gargoyles, Code Monkeys...

...#@$%&^$ TV stations...

Scratch17

Mar 1, 2011
Ugh, so many...

Sam & Max - Freelance Police
Megas XLR
Angry Beavers
Freakazoid
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Ren & Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Samurai Jack
Histeria

All the stuff I seeon TV today seems to be really dumbed-down. I like old cartoons that you rewatch and go, "I can't believe he just said that..."

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Hate to be that guy but didn't we have the exact same thread very recently? Oh wel I'll just say what I said than ^^

Starship troopers the animated series.

If you are too lazy to watch the trailer: it's based on the same book as the movie(s). But while the movie ended when they captured the first brainbug the series goes way beyond that.
It's also not as bloody but still very moody for a children's cartoon and a lot of deaths do happen.
It was also damn good. Even good enough for an emmy apparently.

I'd like it back not just because it was good but through some nasty black budget magic they did not have the funds to make the very last episode, wich was kinda what the last 20-ish episodes were building up to, and some closure would be nice.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Can I go one step further and say Toonami?
bliebblob said:
yes, I do wish they would just finish it, they left us with that cliff hanger in Hawaii.... WHY!!!

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
AngryMongoose said:
The Amazing Screw-On Head, though with only a pilot episode I'm not sure that counts. Still, it was freaking awesome, as should be obvious from the title.
Yes, that is a picture of a mechanical Abraham Lincoln; did I mention this cartoon was freaking awesome?
Was that by chance from the mind of Mike Mignola?

It has his style plastered all over it.

OT: There's a fair few, but that new spiderman series was easily the best spiderman animated series that had ever been made. Then they cancelled it.
Yeah, it's him. He's mentioned in the opening sequence.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
squidbuddy99 said:
YES! That show was actually pretty funny, not necessarily the "in your face" comedy but it was more dead pan than silly.
One of the best parts of the show

Also, Earthworm Jim.

I know the clip looks like shit, but whatev.

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
synobal said:
PortalFTW said:
Invader Zim was AWESOME. It was funny, it was original and it really was not for kids at all.
I always wondered how they managed to get that show past the corporate censors.
It's like Animaniacs. Hey there is another good cartoon. (Finger Prince: Good times)

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
4th season of Transformers: Animated.
The creators thought, that they will have another season to clean things up a bit.
They didn't got it, and everyone who watched last episode knows how bad the ending was. (Long story short: It explained almost nothing, was filled by things creators pulled out of their butts just for that one episode, and things were happening way too fast, since creators didn't even knew they won't have another season until they began working on season 3 finale, so they had to end all of the plotlines in less than 1 hour.)
To make things worse, guys behind TF:A reavealed what were they planning to include in the 4th season. And guess what? I would have been better than all of the previous episodes combined.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
NormalityImpaired said:
Cowboy Bebop, i dunno if it was cancelled or what have you, i just miss it.
uhm, I don't know if I should tell you but,
Spike dies

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Megas XLR
Batman Beyond
And a lot more previously mentioned.But most importantly Korgath of Barbaria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_t605Th-QI.It just got a pilot and never got realised but it's brutal and epic...