Catherine Officially Cheating on Japan With U.S.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
rees263 said:
Okay, yay America, I guess...

>_>

<_<

What about Europe!?!
On a related note: WHAT ABOUT AUSTRALIA!?....if there are indeed any plans to release it here, at all..

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
Nocturnal Gentleman said:
I really wouldn't bring up the "You're missing out!" comments. Honestly, I've played the games you mentioned and I didn't care for most of them. The story of Nocturne and Persona 4 interested me the most but I still hated the gameplay. Mostly because it's from atlus I can care less about this game myself.
Well, you have tried out some Atlus titles, so you know what Atlus fans are enjoying, even if you aren't. For someone who hasn't played any of those games, maybe they are "missing out".

Synonymous

Aug 6, 2009
It is a freaking block puzzle game. If you're reading this and want to see tits, you have a vast variety of free choices available in the ease and comfort of your browser.

The scam here is so incredibly blatant it's depressing that anyone is falling for it, much less the hordes seen here and elsewhere avowing instant pre-order on the chance of seeing Catherine's nipples. The hero of the game's not the only sheep around here.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
It did seem strange that so much western press was given to a game which only was confirmed for a Japanese release, so I kind of didn't fully believe that recent announcement, and figured Atlus was just playing us like a fiddle. But it's all good since we are getting a NA release after all. Maybe they just wanted to feel wanted.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Gladion said:
mireko said:
Did you mean 360? ALL PS3 games are region free.
No. Stranglehold isn't. But please don't ask me why the FUCK that is. Also, a LOT of 360 games are codefree, too. Don't own an xbox, so I never looked for a source to check on a list with region free games, but I suppose wikipedia is a good starter.

OT: *squirt* All I wanted was English subtitles, and I'll get provided with. I might learn Japanese just for this game, though.
Really? Are you completely sure?

Looked it up and all I could find was this:
"Several companies have threatened region-locking PS 3 games in the past: Midway with John Woo's Stranglehold, Sega with Bayonetta, and EA with Army of Two. All of them backed down after public outcries and threats of boycott, with EA only limiting the Army of Two to multiplayer server segregation."
Importing can lead to issues with multiplayer and DLC [small](remember, if you're downloading DLC for a game from a different region, USE AN ACCOUNT LINKED TO THAT PSN REGION)[/small], but that's pretty much it.

The 360 has some multi-region games and some completely region-free games, but it's a little confusing. Especially because most sites listing them seem to focus on which games can run on both NSTC/J and NTSC/U consoles, ignoring PAL. I've never tried importing anything for mine, though, so I can't speak from personal experience.

[sub]That said, looking over Play-Asia's region compatibility guide and there are more unlocked games than I thought. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Also, from the same site, Stranglehold is listed as region-free for the PS3.[/sub]

EDIT: Though it wouldn't be extremely surprising if it was locked. The PSP only has one regionally-locked game in its entire library ("BattleZone").

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Synonymous said:
It is a freaking block puzzle game. If you're reading this and want to see tits, you have a vast variety of free choices available in the ease and comfort of your browser.

The scam here is so incredibly blatant it's depressing that anyone is falling for it, much less the hordes seen here and elsewhere avowing instant pre-order on the chance of seeing Catherine's nipples. The hero of the game's not the only sheep around here.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever played a game by Atlus?

Like, anything in the Persona series? Or one of the Shin Megami Tensei games?

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
Okay Atlus, you have me intrigued. Let's hope you manage to sneak this one past the censors. Also, if you could switch around the covers, I like the PS3 one better.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Awesome! I wonder why Atlus would announce that they had no plans to bring out Catherine and then a week later say, "Nvm, lol jk."

Ive been watching a playthrough on youtube and it looks pretty decent.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
You can stop hating Atlus now: Catherine is officially coming to North America.
... I think it is time to do my happy dance.

**sound of a vinyl record player being switched on**

"Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy joy!
Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy joy!
Happy happy, joy joy - happy happy, joy joy!
Happy happy, joy! Joy! Joy!"

I don't think I'm happy enough yet. I need to get the hammer.

OT: **happy sigh of relief** Thank you, Atlus. Thank you.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Zom-B said:
Atmos Duality said:
I'm sorry if this comes across as provocative, but I'm honestly still not sure why I should care.

I liked Persona 3...but that's about the extent of my experience with Atlus titles.
You're really missing out. From the Persona games to Demon's Souls, to Metal Slug for PSP as well as a slew of good RPGs for the PSP (not to mention Tactics Ogre!), to awesome PS2 titles like Eternal Poison and Odin Sphere to wacky fun like Trauma Center, Atlus consistently puts out quality titles year after year. And that's just covering games I've played or am planning to play.
Actually, Demon's Souls, Metal Slug, and Tactics Ogre are were only published by Atlus, and usually in the NA region only. Demon's Souls is made by From Software, Tactics Ogre for the PSP is by Square Enix, Metal Slug is made by SNK, and Eternal Poison is made by Flight-Plan.

Not that their developed games are bad by any means.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I think a nerd-gasam is in order;

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY]

That is a strangely appropriate image...

[sup]It's clickable![/sup]

Thank you Atlus! Of course, I would never cheat on my beloved PC with my PS3 to play this game...

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Larsirius said:
How about Europe? Any word wheather or not the game will be region restricted? I usually don't import games, so I have no idea how commonplace such restrictions are. Anyone have any importing experience?
PS3 games aren't region locked, although any DLC will need to be bought of the US PSN store. Xbox 360 on the otherhand is a bit more tricky. Some are region free and some are region locked, it depends on the publisher. The Japanese 360 version was region locked from what I hear, so I'm betting on the US version being as well. Thus PS3 is probably going to be the only option for those of us who live in Europe, which sucks if you don't have a PS3.

I'm somewhat disappointed the PS3 is getting the Catherine cover... I want Katherine, but since shes on the Xbox version, that ain't going to happen. Damn you different covers.

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
Defense said:
Actually, Demon's Souls, Metal Slug, and Tactics Ogre are were only published by Atlus, and usually in the NA region only. Demon's Souls is made by From Software, Tactics Ogre for the PSP is by Square Enix, Metal Slug is made by SNK, and Eternal Poison is made by Flight-Plan.

Not that their developed games are bad by any means.
That's a good point. I guess I should have said that Atlus publishes quality titles year after year. Obviously they are very savvy at acquiring and working with some pretty good developers. Either way, if you're looking at an Atlus branded game, chances are it's at least better than average.

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
Now all we need is english versions of the rest of the awesome Japan-only games...

Still, yay.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
I'm pretty excited about this announcement. I've been extremely curious about this game for a while now, and it makes me a happy gamer knowing that I'll get a chance to play it.