Celebrities from your hometown?

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
Only "celebrity" (and I use the term as loosely as possible) is Rick Bryan.

In his day, he was a defensive lineman for the Oklahoma Sooners and then then Atlanta Falcons. He lives about two blocks from me, and I've known him my whole life.

....anybody want a signed Rick Bryan football card? I've got dozens.

PatientGrasshopper

Nov 2, 2008
ZomgSharkz said:
I was just wondering if anyone lives in the same town that a famous person once lived in. For example I live in the same town and go to the same high school as the creators of South Park. Has anyone else's hometown spawned fame?
Well where I live now has a bunch of celebrities but where I was born Jim Jones lived there at one point,the cult leader. According to wikipedia, the members of AFI were raised in my hometown.

Dragonrabbit said:
Umm,
Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink 182, lived here and went to my high school.
Sammy Hagar, 2nd Van Halen lead singer and creator of Cabo Wabo tequila.
mhmmm
Ha I know the nickname to your town, it is based on a US state, with rednecks.

Dragonrabbit

Nov 15, 2008
Umm,
Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink 182, lived here and went to my high school.
mhmmm

edit: Apparently the guy who does the voice of Patrick in Spongebob Squarepants is from here too... win.

vede

Dec 4, 2007
My mother and sister live in the same town in which a famous person still lives, and I live about twenty miles from there.

Unfortunately, it's not someone cool. It's a country singer...

There's no cool people in Oklahoma, man...

Dragonrabbit

Nov 15, 2008
PatientGrasshopper said:
Well where I live now has a bunch of celebrities but where I was born Jim Jones lived there at one point,the cult leader. According to wikipedia, the members of AFI were raised in my hometown.

Dragonrabbit said:
Umm,
mhmmm
Ha I know the nickname to your town, it is based on a US state, with rednecks.
Arguably the most eerie thing anyone has ever said to me on the internet... ever... EVER...

Deliverance

Sep 18, 2008
I was born in Hobart where a lot of cricket and AFL players came from. Also the tech death band Psycroptic n_n Also Crown Princess Mary of Denmark was born there, too.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The band Split Fifty started in my hometown, though I dunno if that counts.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Edward Norton not only lived in my hometown, he is the grandson of the city's founder, he graduated from my highschool, and his nephew was my coworker at the local grocery store.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I'm from Kansas City, MO (well, Raytown if you want to get "technical"). Both Walt Disney and Eddie Griffin came from that city, so your move, Escapists.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
We mainly get famous people coming to live round here. Chris Martin and his family, Kate Moss, Tori Aimos has a studio not far from where I live.

As for coming from our town, the guy who played Nick in My Family went to our school, but I think thats about it. Most people who live in Cornwall stay there till they die.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
Michael Vick...he is from Newport News, Virginia where I am originally from. Oh yes and regardless of what he says Dog Fighting is not even remotely cultural in Newport News now if it was Mississippi it would be a different story.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
From Glasgow, so there are a few. But the late Ronnie Simpson used to live on the same street as me, and went to my school. Don't know if that really counts mind...footballers in Glasgow aren't exactly an oddity but I still found it interesting

Puppeteer Putin

Jan 3, 2009
Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman.

Heath grew up here, and Hugh studied Musical Theatre at performing arts academy where I'm currently studying.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Jerry Cantrell went to my high school.

Which is pretty awesome, cause we've never made anyone else.

wrightofway

Sep 30, 2008
Jon Heder from Napoleon Dynamite is from my town. I know there are a few minor celebrities too (mostly members of semi-popular bands) but I don't remember anything specific.

But One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was filmed here, which is just as good as being a celebrity hometown