Celebrities from your hometown?

Jonathan Hexley

Jul 4, 2008
I do believe Winston Churchill went to my secondary school. Of course, I don't think he liked it, but he went there. That's what matters.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
off the top of my head Chris Rock, Dave Draimen, Michael Angarano are all from my hometown: Brooklyn NY

Fuck YEAAAH

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
I'm from Brisbane in Australia.

There are heaps of celebrities, but i'm most proud of Ben Croshaw. That crazy English twat is awesome...Why he's in this city is beyond me...

May 7, 2008
ZomgSharkz said:
I was just wondering if anyone lives in the same town that a famous person once lived in. For example I live in the same town and go to the same high school as the creators of South Park. Has anyone else's hometown spawned fame?

that.is.awesome!!!!!!!!

rokudan

Dec 20, 2008
Brett Anderson, singer of the rock band The Donnas

Kenny Aronoff, famous drummer, member of John Mellencamp's band

David Baker, symphonic jazz composer University

Arija Bareikis, actress

Diane Bish, Famed organist and international television personality of the PBS show "Joy of Music." American concert and recording artist, composer and conductor

Dana Carpender, American author and columnist

William Cook (entrepreneur), billionaire, founder of Cook Inc.

Terri Colombino, Actress from As The World Turns

James Counsilman, US Olympic Swimming Coach

John Eaton (composer), Renowned opera composer and founder of The Pocket Opera Players

Mick Foley, a professional wrestler and author ? born in Bloomington, but moved to Long
Island as an infant

Rex Grossman, football player, Chicago Bears

Scot Halpin, fan who filled in for drums with The Who when Keith Moon collapsed during a performance at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in 1973.

Jared Jeffries, basketball player, New York Knicks

Steve Kinser, race car driver
Alfred Kinsey, founder of Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction

Kevin Kline, actor

David Lander, actor

Bill Mallory, football coach

John Mellencamp, singer, songwriter

Carrie Newcomer, singer-songwriter

Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Kevin Pope, cartoonist, MAD Magazine, Melvin and Jenkins

David Lee Roth, lead singer of band Van Halen

Jeff Sagarin, statistician for sports, contributor to USA Today

Jan Shipps, leading historian of Mormonism

John Strohm, indie rock singer, guitarist, and lawyer

Jeri Taylor, producer for the Star Trek television series

Herman B Wells, former president and beloved chancellor of Indiana University

Jerry Yeagley, Hall of Fame soccer coach

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I live up the road from Granny Smith's house (or, at least, where it was), but I'll bet no one here thinks that the founder of a mutated fruit is really worthy of the title 'Celebrity'.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
I lived close enough to and went to school with The Veronicas. And for those Aussies that know Paul "Fatty" Vaughton, his mother lives around the corner from my parents.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I went to high school with Stan Carrisoza, the kid who won that High School Musical show. I actually kicked him hard in the ribs in a show during my senior year. Good times. Kevin Costner also lived in my hometown for a time.

asamoah19

Jul 2, 2008
Alan Moore, of Watchmen, V for Vendetta and LOEG fame was born and bread in Northampton.
David Seaman, former Arsenal and England Goalkeeper is originally from my village, his parents or aunt or something still lives here.
Ben Cohen, England rugby payer and World Cup winner is from the next village over, and went to my school
Jo Whiley - DJ in England lives down the road from me and went to my school.
Matt Smith - the 11th Doctor Who comes from Northampton
Alan Carr - Comedian from Northampton, his dad used to manage the local football team
Princess Diana - (used to be Diana Spencer) The Spencer's are the traditional gentry of Northampton, and Princess Di is now buried a coupe villages over from me.
Francis Crick?? - The guy who discovered DNA was from Northampton

Thats all I can remember.

Cyberius

May 11, 2008
Well, If anyone watch Survivor: Micronesia, Erik Riechenbach is from my home town, I actually work with him in hell :p

Feb 13, 2008
deathninja said:
Graham Chapham, of Monty Python fame.
Ah, a fellow 'Chizit. You forgot the other 120. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Leicester]

Yes, we have the ugliest, the fattest and the most bonkers people in England.

Hold on...

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The Albion dancer, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?sid=8cdd82b39a6b712f9b4133e7edc93b15&gid=32972068233

This man comes out every Friday and Saturday to dance at Wangaratta's seediest club. He drinks no alcohol, only milk. He has dance offs with random challengers, like lions challenging for leadership of the pride, needless to say he kept his throne.

We also have a lot of famous people who lived just outside of Wangaratta, like Ned Kelly and Sir Edward Dunlop.