Celebrities from your hometown?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Let's see...

Gareth Gates, when he was on Pop Idol, all us Bradford girls went crazy for him because he came from our city :p
Kimberly from Girls Aloud.
Half the cast of Emmerdale come from Bradford/Leeds.
Adrian Edmundson from The Young Ones.
David Hockney went to my primary school.

Oh yeah, and Emily Bronte
Richard Whitely also came from Bradford too.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Well, I'm from Reigate in the UK, and I knew of a couple, but did a quick google search and found loads!

I went to school with Melvyn Hayes' daughter, From 'It aint half hot mum' (and panto).

Steve Punt, comedy Partner of Hugh Dennis, best known for the Mary Whitehouse Experience in the 90s, grew up in Reigate.

Ray Mears, the 'survivalist' guy, David Walliams of Little Britain, and Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim) all went to Reigate Grammar School.

Caroline Quentin, ex of Paul Merton and comic actress in her own right, was born here.

Katie Melua lives locally and I believe Kate Bush is local too.

Made a wine delivery to Dame Judi Dench (of James Bond fame among many others) when I worked at the liquor store, who lives in the area, tho not actually in Reigate

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Hm, for most internationally known people I would say Saku Koivu.

Perhaps not so well known internationally, allthough he should be, Carl Gustaf Mannerheim.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
From Calgary, Alberta... we don't have too many famous people from here but...

Todd MacFarlane is from here.

Stephen Harper (The Prime Minister of Canada... for now) is from Calgary, and he's a graduate of The University of Calgary.

The Hart family (of WWE fame) are also Calgary natives, Bret Hart is fairly active in local affairs.

Leslie Feist (Feist) is from Calgary, as are Tegan and Sara Quin.

Technically Elisha Cuthbert (24) is from Calgary, but she moved away from here at a young age.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
the guy who plays hagrid in the harry potter movies - Robbie Coltrane actually comes from my tiny village in the middle of nowhere

this_was_a_mistake

May 22, 2008
I live in the same state where Obama was born

Other than that, the only thing I could think of is that I live on the same island where they filmed Jurasic Park and Tropic Thunder, does that count in any way?

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
From Memphis Tennessee originally. However I've lived in:
Memphis
Warwickshire UK
Colorado Springs, CO
Bowling Green, KY
Grosse Pointe, MI (just north of Detroit)
Boston, MA

Pretty sure there's some people from most of those.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Where I was born: Alan Davies.
Where I live now: Boy George, Bob Hope, one of the ex-drummers from Oasis.

...I'll miss out the place where I spent most of my life because it's a shithole and nobody famous comes from there.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
There have been quite a few (and by that, I mean three) 'celebrities' that have come from Rotherham (in the UK). Not bad for a pokey little town.
Chris Walstonholme (sp?) - bassist for Muse.
David Seaman - played in goal for the England football team a few years ago.

And, err... the Chuckle Brothers... (kid's TV presenters).

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Julie Walters (Ron Weasley's mum in the films of Harry Potter) Tom Cruise has a place here on the outskirts, and we also have Katie Price and Peter Andre. My mum attacked the latter with a shopping trolley.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Triple H used to live next to my Dad when he was a kid. -_-

I hate WWE too.

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
Jharry5 said:
There have been quite a few (and by that, I mean three) 'celebrities' that have come from Rotherham (in the UK). Not bad for a pokey little town.
Chris Walstonholme (sp?) - bassist for Muse.
David Seaman - played in goal for the England football team a few years ago.

And, err... the Chuckle Brothers... (kid's TV presenters).
You forgot a certain J.Clarkson! - Sorry messed up, thats Doncaster not Rotherham.

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
From the little village I live in, Sir Geriant Evans, Stuart Burrows (two opera singers), a handfull of welsh rugby players, notably Kevin Morgan.

From the town closest, loads more welsh rugby players, Martyn Williams one of them. Lostprophets, Tom Jones, Phil Campbell (Motorhead), Gareth Davies (Funeral for a friend).
A little bit up the road, within 10 miles of house, Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers.

Closest city is Cardiff, many many people.