Characters they need to kill off.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
cswurt said:
Jynthor said:
Isabella from Dragon Age 2.
Seriously that thing with the Qunari book pissed me off. Causing a war to save your own hide? WHAT.
Of course my friendship wasn't high enough because I never bothered using her(Why would I want to use her over Varic? Come on.) And she wouldn't help me. And even if your friendship is high enough and you decide to get rid of her by giving her to the Qunari, BioWare rewards you with a rumour that she escaped anyway. It's like a slap in the face.
Nothing wrong with looking out for number one.
If I had to, I'd do the same thing.
Only, I wouldn't come back.
Well, I think there is if you just doomed an entire city so you could live, thats kinda dickish.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Jynthor said:
Seriously that thing with the Qunari book pissed me off. Causing a war to save your own hide? WHAT.
Of course my friendship wasn't high enough because I never bothered using her(Why would I want to use her over Varic? Come on.) And she wouldn't help me. And even if your friendship is high enough and you decide to get rid of her by giving her to the Qunari, BioWare rewards you with a rumour that she escaped anyway. It's like a slap in the face.
Oh yeah that skanky hoe!

Honestly all I got from her in DA2 was that she was a piece of eye candy. At least Miranda had some humanizing/redeeming features with her sister sub-plot.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Jynthor said:
worst part about that for me is I think one of the crafting ingredients only exists in a mission you'd do with her AFTER that event, but because of my choice I don't get that item, don't even have a chance of getting the achievement for getting all the crafting ingredients and get terribly annoyed at the whole situation

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
George Lucas....not a character? hmmm

Game characters: Nathan drake, Masterchief, Kratos(although I'm ok with prequels for him)

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
I just want to point out that killing Sonic would be a terrible idea, because who would become the new main character of Sonic games? All of the possibilities are more horrifying than just letting Sonic stay.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Jynthor said:
Not to mention that while almost every other party member had a well-developed character or at least was a good play on character archetypes (I'm looking at you, Fenris), Isabella was nothing more than a walking sex joke. She wears what may as well be lingerie and every scene she's in involves her walking in a deliberately provocative manner, saying something with an innuendo, or having a reference to the STDs she gets.

It got old really fast.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Sonic, oh lord sonic.

I never liked his games to begin with, I hate how you're going fast and then for no reason a spring pops out of nowhere, and you jump up just to resume running again, breaks the flow.

But even a lot of sonic fans seem to think this. The only decent game in a long time has been generations.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Sixcess said:
Thrall.

If his Captain Planet routine in Cataclysm wasn't bad enough they're now dedicating an entire expansion to getting rid of a flawed and therefore interesting character just so they can put Green Jesus back in command of the Horde.

Can they just kill off everyone in that game? I can only think of one or two characters in those games that well. . . was. . . . I don't want to say good but will say worked, and I think most of them got killed off in WC3. But I don't keep much up on the lore in WOW even when I played it so feel free not to listen to me at all.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
LongDanzi said:
any character that is related to nintendo
I had no ideas until this. When Zelda as a series ends (haha, like that'll ever happen), Link should be the one to die via sacrifice or something and become a legend.....Then they can title future games in the series "The Legend of Link" and you play as Zelda, reverse irony.

Griffon_Hawke179 said:
Outside of games, James Bond. That bastard should have been dead many times over... time to 'retire' this agent...
You can subscribe to the fan theory that each Bond (Brosnan, Moore, Connery) is in-fact a different 007 Agent that uses "James Bond" as a codename. Makes things alittle more interesting.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Spyro... he's a whiney runt of a Dragon... Seriously... how many games over how much time, and he is still the only child dragon in the entire universe! Kill him so we can play as an actual dragon that can properly fly and breath proper fire and stuff...

Like Istaria... but updated, and not an MMO!

LongDanzi

Nov 15, 2011
Mostly Nintendo is milking money from these games, they usually have the same plot with minor changes in them like Mario, Oh no Bowser has kidnapped peach again.... and Link is the same way. I would like to see these finally die, hopefully at the same time, in a very painful way.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Stegofreak said:
I'd be happy to see the end of Master Chief too, or Rico from the Killzone series. Since the whole Garza thin in Killzone 2 he's just annoyed me more and more with every passing objective. Guess that's why I liked Narville in 3. Always on Rico's back.
Hell fucking yes. Kill this son of a *****.

A short list of things Rico has done that have either cost people their lives or escalated the conflict to obscene levels.

-Almost executing Hahka when he was their informant, potentially stopping any chance of defeating the Helghast on Vekta.

-Breaking cover in a blind rage, alerting the guards and getting Garza killed when they could have taken Radec hostage.

-EXECUTING THE MAN YOU WERE SENT THERE TO ARREST SPECIFICALLY SO HE WOULD NOT BECOME A MARTYR, resulting in your remaining two cruisers, your only means of escape I might add, getting shot out of the sky by revenge hungry Helghast.

-Committing near genocide by irradiating a planet's atmosphere trying to stop one man.

There's probably more little shit things he's done, but these ones stand out.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Does it have to be just game characters? If not, can we just put "Every crappy reality tv series character/entrant in all existance"?

If just games, then I dunno...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
realist1990 said:
George Lucas....not a character? hmmm

Game characters: Nathan drake, Masterchief, Kratos(although I'm ok with prequels for him)
Not to worry, George Lucas is leaving Star Wars permanently in 2013, passing management over to someone else while he retires. His new projects apparently involve funding films he finds interesting, or working on art house films while LFL covers all Star Wars material.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
I'd like to see a game from the perspective of an enemy of the U.S. (a wide selection :p), namely a Middle Eastern country, in which you kill U.S. soldiers. Not some cheap game for shock value, but an actual story with real characters. Put us in a guy's shoes whose joined the fight against the U.S. to defend his home or something. Not just "Fuck America!"

While not a character specifically, being on other side of the line would be eye-opening to many people and actually ending the life of a perhaps more closely relatable figure may help put a face on the troops we send to their death every day. Placing the player on the other end of the barrel may also help more people see the war in the Middle East on a more human level, where the "bad guys" are actually just people, too.