Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend (a non-gamer with no idea it's based off of a videogame) saw a trailer for the new Mortal Kombat movie (a movie I do not want to see) and decided she wanted to see it. Well, my account is signed into our most frequented smart TV, so I looked it up on Prime... $25 fucking dollars?!? But, like the sucker I am for her "I'm battling cancer" angle, I bought it. Then, she decided it was too late to watch it!!! What in every hell, woman??? Look forward to my severely biased and scathing review in the "Last Movie You Watched" thread when we inevitably watch it, because for $25, I don't care if I have to give her the "Clockwork Orange" treatment; she's going to watch this pre-assumed piece of shit film.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My girlfriend (a non-gamer with no idea it's based off of a videogame) saw a trailer for the new Mortal Kombat movie (a movie I do not want to see) and decided she wanted to see it. Well, my account is signed into our most frequented smart TV, so I looked it up on Prime... $25 fucking dollars?!? But, like the sucker I am for her "I'm battling cancer" angle, I bought it. Then, she decided it was too late to watch it!!! What in every hell, woman??? Look forward to my severely biased and scathing review in the "Last Movie You Watched" thread when we inevitably watch it, because for $25, I don't care if I have to give her the "Clockwork Orange" treatment; she's going to watch this pre-assumed piece of shit film.
Should be on HBO Max again in a few months. WW84 showed there for 1 month concurrent with theater release. That came back in a couple after that month. No extra charge. Renting HBO Max for a week may be free for a trial, or $15 for a month.

ITMT: My daughter wants to get a puppy. I fear it is to offer her the companionship she might find if she got a husband and made me a few grand kids. Seven or eight kids would work for me. Argh. At least I don't have to buy birthday gifts for the dog.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Should be on HBO Max again in a few months. WW84 showed there for 1 month concurrent with theater release. That came back in a couple after that month. No extra charge. Renting HBO Max for a week may be free for a trial, or $15 for a month.
Too late; already paid the $25 to OWN it, hence my complaining that she didn't want to watch it right then and there. We'll probably watch it tonight if she doesn't find yet another excuse. Oh, she's watching this movie; I guaran-damn-TEE you.

ITMT: My daughter wants to get a puppy. I fear it is to offer her the companionship she might find if she got a husband and made me a few grand kids. Seven or eight kids would work for me. Argh. At least I don't have to buy birthday gifts for the dog.
Dogs are the best, and you should do it. And yes, you do have to buy the dog birthday gifts; it'll be a member of the family! Doesn't have to be expensive; a bag of treats is like $3 bucks, and they feed off of your excitement, so even a $0.50 ball can be the greatest thing they've ever seen if you ham it up enough! I want another dog, but still mourning the loss of my Stormie 5 years ago, and my gf has a cat (which is the worst) who doesn't get along well with other animals (because cats are the worst.) If your daughter asks for a cat, that'll offer the kind of companionship that leads to chronic one night stands and an insatiable need to please that will ruin her life. Right now, I'm being meowed at by a stupid cat sitting next to a half-full food dish because she's only been fed 30 times today... But don't pick her up or try to pet her, because she doesn't like unsolicited affection.

Reactions: gorfias

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
ITMT: My daughter wants to get a puppy. I fear it is to offer her the companionship she might find if she got a husband and made me a few grand kids. Seven or eight kids would work for me.
Just get seven or eight puppies but give them human names. They'll stop shitting on the floor before kids would.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Too late; already paid the $25 to OWN it, hence my complaining that she didn't want to watch it right then and there. We'll probably watch it tonight if she doesn't find yet another excuse. Oh, she's watching this movie; I guaran-damn-TEE you.

Dogs are the best, and you should do it. And yes, you do have to buy the dog birthday gifts; it'll be a member of the family! Doesn't have to be expensive; a bag of treats is like $3 bucks, and they feed off of your excitement, so even a $0.50 ball can be the greatest thing they've ever seen if you ham it up enough! I want another dog, but still mourning the loss of my Stormie 5 years ago, and my gf has a cat (which is the worst) who doesn't get along well with other animals (because cats are the worst.) If your daughter asks for a cat, that'll offer the kind of companionship that leads to chronic one night stands and an insatiable need to please that will ruin her life. Right now, I'm being meowed at by a stupid cat sitting next to a half-full food dish because she's only been fed 30 times today... But don't pick her up or try to pet her, because she doesn't like unsolicited affection.
Sorry about the loss of Stormie.
And... how can I say no to something like this? She'll be getting this later this Summer (She has to give 8 weeks notice to a rescue place that will reserve a puppy for her from a pregnant rescued dog).
1623960530017.png

Course, this could happen to me too...
1623960848662.png

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Sorry about the loss of Stormie.
And... how can I say no to something like this? She'll be getting this later this Summer (She has to give 8 weeks notice to a rescue place that will reserve a puppy for her from a pregnant rescued dog).
View attachment 3914
Thanks, man. And you can't say no. It'll be one of the best things you do in your life, and you'll be THE best thing that happens to that dog's life.

Course, this could happen to me too...
View attachment 3915
All a part of the fun!

Reactions: gorfias

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
Sometimes I can't get the shoes I want because the color I like isn't available in my size, it's for women apparently. I'm being oppressed here.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend's mother is coming into town any minute, and they are so dysfunctional, it's only a matter of time before this becomes a shit show; by 9pm there will be unpleasant words exchanged, I guarantee it; her visits always portend an argument between the two of them. Sucks because as the boyfriend, I can't really comment (can't suggest she NOT allow her mom to visit,) but she can't stand her mom (her own words,) yet she always bends the knee when her mom decides she wants to visit, usually for some self-serving reason, never just to check in on her daughter. So we'll be spending the next several days tip-toeing around her uppity conservative ideals (Jehovah's Witness who doesn't approve of our "worldly ways" like drinking, smoking and celebrating holidays, y'know, like Satan does all the time?)

Funny thing is, she's a very pleasant woman upon meeting her; I don't even have any issue with her, nor her me, she's just very recklessly thoughtless, i.e.: when my gf had surgery in January, her mom came down to "help," and brought my gf's niece and nephews with her, effectively turning a wellness visit into a family vacation. They ate us out of house and home and were constantly in need of something. Our friend made my gf a brisket (no small feat and very much a labor of love,) and while she was too unwell to eat any right away, her family ate the whole damn thing; neither of us a got single fucking bite, then when my gf confronted her mom on how much she and the kids had been taxing us both, the inexorable argument happened.

It's sad that my biggest hope is that the inevitable argument does as it has on multiple occasions and puts her mom in such a huff that she leaves early. 10pm is a personal best on that front; she couldn't even make it to morning before deciding on her self-righteous storm out. Good riddance.

EDIT: Oh, and she's one of those people who loves to spend her visits talking about the antics of her cats and showing you photos and videos of the myriad bullshit on her phone. Have you ever held a fake smile and feign interest for 4-5 days at a time? It's exhausting. I have to watch a snuff film after she leaves just to restore my mental balance from all the cat videos and clips of her Korean dramas she's so fond of.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
My girlfriend's mother is coming into town any minute, and they are so dysfunctional, it's only a matter of time before this becomes a shit show; by 9pm there will be unpleasant words exchanged, I guarantee it; her visits always portend an argument between the two of them. Sucks because as the boyfriend, I can't really comment (can't suggest she NOT allow her mom to visit,) but she can't stand her mom (her own words,) yet she always bends the knee when her mom decides she wants to visit, usually for some self-serving reason, never just to check in on her daughter. So we'll be spending the next several days tip-toeing around her uppity conservative ideals (Jehovah's Witness who doesn't approve of our "worldly ways" like drinking, smoking and celebrating holidays, y'know, like Satan does all the time?)

Funny thing is, she's a very pleasant woman upon meeting her; I don't even have any issue with her, nor her me, she's just very recklessly thoughtless, i.e.: when my gf had surgery in January, her mom came down to "help," and brought my gf's niece and nephews with her, effectively turning a wellness visit into a family vacation. They ate us out of house and home and were constantly in need of something. Our friend made my gf a brisket (no small feat and very much a labor of love,) and while she was too unwell to eat any right away, her family ate the whole damn thing; neither of us a got single fucking bite, then when my gf confronted her mom on how much she and the kids had been taxing us both, the inexorable argument happened.

It's sad that my biggest hope is that the inevitable argument does as it has on multiple occasions and puts her mom in such a huff that she leaves early. 10pm is a personal best on that front; she couldn't even make it to morning before deciding on her self-righteous storm out. Good riddance.

EDIT: Oh, and she's one of those people who loves to spend her visits talking about the antics of her cats and showing you photos and videos of the myriad bullshit on her phone. Have you ever held a fake smile and feigned interest for 4-5 days at a time? It's exhausting. I have to watch a snuff film after she leaves just to restore my mental balance from all the cat videos and clips of her Korean dramas she's so fond of.
Sounds like a good time /s

Also, if we're complaining about our in-laws, mind if I have a go? But first, some preface. My girlfriend is 3rd generation from a family of Italian immigrants who came to work in the coal mines in the late 40s. Most of them are quite conservative and pretty much all are devoutly catholic. There's also like a bazillion of them (she herself is 2nd youngest of 6). Her mom and dad don't like me much on account of being too left and not catholic. Same for the siblings except the oldest brother (ironically). But, she has it way worse. I'm just the boyfriend. She's a black sheep in the family, maybe even the blackest, for reasons I'll not get into here. Groundwork laid.

Ok, so, in late september, her maternal grandmother will turn 80, and I am dreading having to go to the big blowout birthday bash. Not because of mama, mind you, I like her and she's the only reason my gf is even going. No, it'll be all the snide remarks and snubs she'll be getting from her mom, sisters and the couple dozen aunts and nieces. Which we're just going to have to take on the chin, cuz otherwise will just add to the already byzantine web of drama the family has going on, and I've been assured that's just not worth it. And I believe her, the couple times I met the parents/siblings were ... a joy. Seriously, the week before the party I will be drilled on how to get through the day without kicking any hornets nests, like who has beef with who, and what subjects to avoid if talking to such and so. There will be spreadsheets. No joke.

Yeh, will be fun.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Sounds like a good time /s

Also, if we're complaining about our in-laws, mind if I have a go? But first, some preface. My girlfriend is 3rd generation from a family of Italian immigrants who came to work in the coal mines in the late 40s. Most of them are quite conservative and pretty much all are devoutly catholic. There's also like a bazillion of them (she herself is 2nd youngest of 6). Her mom and dad don't like me much on account of being too left and not catholic. Same for the siblings except the oldest brother (ironically). But, she has it way worse. I'm just the boyfriend. She's a black sheep in the family, maybe even the blackest, for reasons I'll not get into here. Groundwork laid.

Ok, so, in late september, her maternal grandmother will turn 80, and I am dreading having to go to the big blowout birthday bash. Not because of mama, mind you, I like her and she's the only reason my gf is even going. No, it'll be all the snide remarks and snubs she'll be getting from her mom, sisters and the couple dozen aunts and nieces. Which we're just going to have to take on the chin, cuz otherwise will just add to the already byzantine web of drama the family has going on, and I've been assured that's just not worth it. And I believe her, the couple times I met the parents/siblings were ... a joy. Seriously, the week before the party I will be drilled on how to get through the day without kicking any hornets nests, like who has beef with who, and what subjects to avoid if talking to such and so. There will be spreadsheets. No joke.

Yeh, will be fun.
I apologize for complaining; you've got it way worse than us! At least my gf only has her mother to deal with and everyone agrees her mother is absurdly out of tune with the real world; I couldn't imagine dealing with an extended family as you've described. My family is close and we all get along; I've only just (past 5 years) learned that there are families who have deep-rooted issues to deal with as I've been dragged into one.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So not trying to steal anyone's thunder, but I had a "Fun" weekend. On Friday I suddenly had a soreness in my shoulders and back, coupled with my breathing suddenly became much more strained and difficult. After trying to see if this was a thing I could sleep off, I went to the ER at my wife's insistence and turns out it was a good thing I did. I found out I had a Pulmonary Embolism AKA Blood Clots in my lungs and spent most of the weekend in the Hospital. The downside is that nobody seems to know what caused it(and I was asked by like half a dozen people if anything triggered it) and it might have caused some heart damage. I am a fat boy but my blood pressure and other vitals are apparently fine despite this. The slim upside is that I can be treated with Blood Thinners and so far they seem to be working and apparently, as long as no new clots form, the ones in my lungs will eventually heal. I also started easing back into my Workout routine and so far no adverse affects.

Oh, and while it was a nice hospital and the nurses/doctors were quite friendly, being in the hospital still fucking sucks.

I am feeling more like my old self, but it does fucking suck that apparently my body just decided to fuck me like that and I have no idea what caused it other then possibly family history(my dad had something similar happen to him and he's on the same meds). And I might be on Blood thinners for the rest of my life, though I guess that's a small price to have my lungs works correctly.

So boooo.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I apologize for complaining; you've got it way worse than us! At least my gf only has her mother to deal with and everyone agrees her mother is absurdly out of tune with the real world; I couldn't imagine dealing with an extended family as you've described. My family is close and we all get along; I've only just (past 5 years) learned that there are families who have deep-rooted issues to deal with as I've been dragged into one.
Yeah, but for us it'll just be the birthday and then christmas eve, so like a day and half total in a whole year, and then we're done dealing until next year. So in some ways, annoying relatives foisting themselves on you in your home for an entire week comes off kind of worse to me. Or not, and this is a reverse "grass is greener on the other side" thing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah, but for us it'll just be the birthday and then christmas eve, so like a day and half total in a whole year, and then we're done dealing until next year. So in some ways, annoying relatives foisting themselves on you in your home for an entire week comes off kind of worse to me. Or not, and this is a reverse "grass is greener on the other side" thing.
One annoying relative for several days or several annoying relatives for a single day. We'll call it even.

And per my first post, I wasn't wrong. Sure as shit, while not the knock-down, drag-out fights they can have, they had their first minor tiff right on time, about 8:30pm. I don't even know what it was about; I'd found a reason to excuse myself, came back about 15 minutes later, and they we're both silent, the indication that words had been exchanged resulting in a mutual silent treatment. This is gonna be fun...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
One annoying relative for several days or several annoying relatives for a single day. We'll call it even.
Sir, you have a deal

And per my first post, I wasn't wrong. Sure as shit, while not the knock-down, drag-out fights they can have, they had their first minor tiff right on time, about 8:30pm. I don't even know what it was about; I'd found a reason to excuse myself, came back about 15 minutes later, and they we're both silent, the indication that words had been exchanged resulting in a mutual silent treatment. This is gonna be fun...:rolleyes:
Ok then, it's like that. Well, I wish you the best of luck. I wanted to add a godspeed and "salute" emoji but there doesn't seem to be one, so eh, I don't know, here's godspeed and an umbrella🌂

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sir, you have a deal

Ok then, it's like that. Well, I wish you the best of luck. I wanted to add a godspeed and "salute" emoji but there doesn't seem to be one, so eh, I don't know, here's godspeed and an umbrella🌂
Well, he can use the umbrella to shield himself from the shitstorm so it’s not like it’s not useful.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, he can use the umbrella to shield himself from the shitstorm so it’s not like it’s not useful.
So far, it's been more of a piss-drizzle than a full-on shitstorm. Last night, it started with how my gf raises her son (her mom ALWAYS knows best despite a dysfunctional relationship with all four of her own children,) and my gf started to respond, but I dropped our signature argument de-escalating phrase "box, box" from Formula 1 (commonly heard during a broadcast from a team to a driver instructing him to come into the pit box for tyre change or repairs, so effectively "calm down and regroup" in our case.) Her mom had no idea what that meant, but my gf obviously did, and it worked; she found an effective way to "drop it" and change the subject. Her mom then proceeded to sit with us until 11pm watching her Korean dramas on her iPad without headphones while we were trying to listen to music. Yeah, she's THAT person.

We thought they were leaving today, her mom and the two kids she brought with her, but "they" decided to stay another day so the kids could go bowling today (must be nice to arbitrarily choose how long you're staying in someone else's home, eating their food and taking up their time and space.) This after all three of the kids (niece, nephew, and gf's son) slept until 1pm, sat on their fucking phones or played Xbox pissing the entire day away yesterday. We took the news that they were staying in stride, "in stride" meaning my gf and I made the kind of eye contact that spoke volumes. We're both surprised we made it THIS long (yeah, only two days) without a blowup, and it feels like her mom recognizes that in her own way, like the inexorable blowup is normal, and if it hasn't happened, she'll find a reason to stay until it does. This house is a fucking powder keg right now...

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I mentioned a while ago that my sister was a crazy person.

4 days ago she shared a picture that said "Im not a conspiracy theorist. I just study the philosophies, psychology and propaganda that has been used to pied piper humanity into various forms of servitude for almost 6000 years now".

(For the record, last time I checked, she has no formal qualifications beyond high school.)

Anyway, today, she went on a multi-paragraph rant about how all of the world's governments will be swept aside by controversy, as planned by the "overlords", and apparently Prince William is being groomed by the "overlords" to lead this global government.

Okay then.

She also has multiple Facebook accounts which she uses to heckle a local newspaper, for some reason.

Its all fun and games.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I mentioned a while ago that my sister was a crazy person.

4 days ago she shared a picture that said "Im not a conspiracy theorist. I just study the philosophies, psychology and propaganda that has been used to pied piper humanity into various forms of servitude for almost 6000 years now".

(For the record, last time I checked, she has no formal qualifications beyond high school.)

Anyway, today, she went on a rant about all of the world's governments will be swept aside by controversy, as planned by the "overlords", and apparently Prince William is being groomed by the "overlords" to lead this global government.

Yeah, sure.
The blatant hypocrisies conspiracy theorists deny despite them being the face of their hair-brained movements completely baffles me. Like, 1.) I doubt she's "studying" anything except ideas and ignorance shared within her echo chamber and 2.) even were she actually "studying" using accredited resources... isn't she just studying the works of those she claims to be a part of the nefarious establishment?

More than likely, she's like my buddy who's a flat-earther. He likes to shame me for "not thinking for myself" or "not questioning what *they* taught me," and refuses to acknowledge the circular logic he's engrained himself in. He'll ask a question, be given a perfectly reasonable answer, then refuse to accept it. Asking questions and refusing to accept the answers ISN'T thinking at all; it's only putting self-imposed ignorance on grand display. Then those people want to get all huffy, join like-minded social media groups and smugly call we logical people "sheep."

Question what they're taught by being *taught* to think differently be lesser minds. It's like a snowball of stupid rolling downhill, growing at a breakneck pace, and it's infuriating.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
99% of cooking YouTubers put their recipes on websites hosted by companies who sponsor them, and 100% of the time these websites are fucking TERRIBLE. Looking at you, Babish.