Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No dad. I don't care about the Bel Air reboot/remake right now. I got other shows, It will always be there, except on basic Peacock. You're using my older bros account any way, and he is not gonna get plus. I got other shows to watch that I am way more invested in. I can watch whatever the hell I want.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I've been suffering from what feels like tendonitis in my right hand for the last three weeks, and as both my job and my primary hobby require the use of a mouse and keyboard, it's both an ongoing annoyance and a difficult issue to solve.
Have you considered switching to jerking off with your left hand?

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
my main complain lately, im tired of seeing more and more "scam", people wanting to make the quickest buck without doing anything for it.
I feel like the internet is giving more and more possibility to scam someone easily, being totally immoral and scummy.
1) Those guru in stock, forex, crypto, mlm, affiliate marketing, that claim its easy to be financially rich, work 2-3 hours a day, etc, etc, while never providing real truth, genuine information, all for you to subscribe for their course / class
2) All those phising attemps, email, a profile faking a real one and asking you to go on whatsapp or such
3) any fake tech support, fake post office claims, or any similar scam and usually mostly from people either in Africa or India.
3+) fake job posting, fake ads / sell object, fake home renting...

make it hard to willing to work in a "real" job, when you see all those fake face getting more and more presence

that my anger and rants

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today I found out my favorite mexican restaurant was forced to close down by court order just so some real estate developer could turn it into some overpriced apartment complex. Which sucks, I'd wanted to eat there again before going to restaurants become something I can't just easily do on a whim anymore.
Is that Tony Blair? Cuz it disproves that AI generated faces look less or more trustworthy. There is no conceivable situation in which he looks trustworthy.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Today I found out my favorite mexican restaurant was forced to close down by court order just so some real estate developer could turn it into some overpriced apartment complex. Which sucks, I'd wanted to eat there again before going to restaurants become something I can't just easily do on a whim anymore.
Is that Tony Blair? Cuz it disproves that AI generated faces look less or more trustworthy. There is no conceivable situation in which he looks trustworthy.
Oh that was just a real photo of him I threw in for good measure as his grin creeps me the fuck out. Theory remains intact. For now.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'm sorry for your loss.

My favorite sushi restaurant went out of business like a decade ago and I'm still filled with sadness over its demise.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Today I found out my favorite mexican restaurant was forced to close down by court order just so some real estate developer could turn it into some overpriced apartment complex.
How would that happen? I guess my question is, why are the courts involved?

OT: Can't fix my goddamn sleep sched, even if I've been consistently waking up early.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm sorry for your loss.

My favorite sushi restaurant went out of business like a decade ago and I'm still filled with sadness over its demise.
My old favorite Chinese restaurant got closed down in 2013 due to tax evasion. The owed $500,000 in back taxes Also, they apparently had illegal Mexican cooks working in the back. Sucks. The only thing I have left of them is this little Buddha statue, I bought a year before they closed down.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
How would that happen? I guess my question is, why are the courts involved?

OT: Can't fix my goddamn sleep sched, even if I've been consistently waking up early.
The restaurant was located in an old factory building along with a number of other business, all renting from the owning company of the building. Afaik, the restaurant had an rental contract with indefinite extension with the owner, which under Belgian law makes it very difficult for a landlord to terminate the agreement without the tenants approval, or to evict them, barring obvious reasons like the tenant destroying the place or not paying rent for an extended period. But there are exceptions, like it's possible to have a clause in the contract that if the owner decides to sell the building and the majority of the tenants agree to the sale, then then the owner may decide unilaterally to no longer extend the rental agreement.

Which I'm guessing is what happened here, owner sold the building, majority or all of the other tenants agreed to it, owner told restaurant the weren't going to extend the rental agreement. Restaurant didn't want to leave. This was taken to court, judge ruled in owner's favour and ordered restaurant to evict.
My old favorite Chinese restaurant got closed down in 2013 due to tax evasion. The owed $500,000 in back taxes Also, they apparently had illegal Mexican cooks working in the back. Sucks. The only thing I have left of them is this little Buddha statue, I bought a year before they closed down.
I get you. A numbe of my faves went the way of the dodo too. Excellent food, but a poor business and/or shady.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Our leaky faucet has had a service team here for the past several hours. It started with repairing the faucet... then replacing the faucet... then they found mold under the sink... then they brought in a guy to inspect the mold situation; he's quoting us right now. So what we thought was going to be a couple hundred bucks has now inflated to a couple thousand. Fuck home ownership. I'm ready to burn this whore down, and collect on the insurance.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Our leaky faucet has had a service team here for the past several hours. It started with repairing the faucet... then replacing the faucet... then they found mold under the sink... then they brought in a guy to inspect the mold situation; he's quoting us right now. So what we thought was going to be a couple hundred bucks has now inflated to a couple thousand. Fuck home ownership. I'm ready to burn this whore down, and collect on the insurance.
There genuinely are times where knock down rebuild is the better long term option.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
There genuinely are times where knock down rebuild is the better long term option.
Nah, I'm leaning towards insurance fraud at this point. After listening to all these swindlers tell us how we're not being swindled, I'm convinced we're being swindled. Might as well try our hands at being the swindlers.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Should stick on them like flies on shit; repaired the faucet? Great, now get out, no further digging.

A person coming in to repair your faucet calling in someone to check on mold? Fuck that noise.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Should stick on them like flies on shit; repaired the faucet? Great, now get out, no further digging.

A person coming in to repair your faucet calling in someone to check on mold? Fuck that noise.
To be fair, there IS a mold problem, and the company we used for the plumbing repairs that found the mold during their repair is reputable having done some other work for us a few times in the past, and the sister company they offered to clean the mold is equally reputable, but in the heat of the moment, as three strangers stand in your kitchen and itemize what was a singular repair job into a multifaceted project, it was just frustrating. I've since calmed down, and there ARE health codes that are clear that if ever we decide to sell and left the mold unchecked, 1.) we'd have to disclose it to buyers, and 2.) it will only get worse and more expen$ive. While over $4,000 is obviously a bit more than the $200 we were planning on paying, it's saving us in the long-term.

That's not to say I still won't burn this b*tch down and collect the insurance (my girlfriend caught me twice last night with a gas can and a book matches,) but at least I feel slightly less rooked.

Reactions: bluegate

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Elections are coming up here in Texas, and election ads came with them, so of course "the border wall" and Trump endorsements are flying around everywhere. What I'm complaining about is that one of the ads uses the term "woke" from one Republican candidate to another as a slander. I don't care about the term one way or the other, but the level of pandering these candidates are willing to sink to is just dumb. How does anyone take any of them seriously? This is the equivalent of someone in the '90s advertising saying that Sen. Johnson is "tight;" vote for him!

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I've barely had any time to play Elden Ring because I've been working a bunch of overtime. The reason I'm doing a bunch of overtime is because I'm going on vacation next week, so I need to get a bunch of work done in preparation for my vacation...during which I will also not be able to play Elden Ring.

At this rate I'm going to be 2 weeks behind everyone else and dodging spoilers left and right.

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Welp, today has officially sucked. Found out that my water heater ruptured and soaked a fairly large chunk of my furnished basement carpet. The new water heater, carpet extraction and general cleanup is going to run be around $2000 after my homeowners insurance. . . . . .

The joys of being a homeowner. Sheesh.