Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Just got another company email lauding a round of promotions that don't include me. To be clear, I don't care; I'm not seeking promotion, another leadership role, or more responsibility, but the list of names includes several people I trained. Nevermind the dozens I've trained who got promotions, took my training, and went on to leave the company while I've stagnated with the same job title that literally hasn't been my actual job title for 7 years now. I'm not wanting a promotion; I'm not jealous. What I want is for someone to acknowledge that all these new "leaders" wouldn't be so without me and to be paid accordingly.

"Meeting expectations" year after year in annual reviews and getting a mere merit increase is an insult to my contributions. Were I to quit tomorrow, I'd be taking a MASSIVE chunk of institutional knowledge with me, and no one seems to notice. Several years ago, my company casually laid off a guy who was the sole source of knowledge for several key systems, so much so, they had to restructure the organization to stop the bleeding from his loss. Thankfully, I'm too tired of my job to give much more than an eyeroll. Complacency is a virtue in some cases, but it doesn't disspell the annoyance knowing my finger is wrapped around the pin of a grenade in their trenches.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I have to move to a big city for 2 months for the last year of school for millwright and I hate it. I've been here 3 days and it feels like a week already. There's too many people here, too much traffic, and I feel stressed and trapped by how big it is. I can't sleep at night, the bed is uncomfortable and the window lets in too much light. I hate dealing with people I don't know, so class is kind of stressful. Millwright stuff, despite almost being a journeyman, doesn't really interest me that much and I don't identify with or share much in common with the majority of the people who end up in the trade. I'm living with my uncle, and he's nice, but I'm uncomfortable anyway living away from home. I miss my cat. I wish it was over already, I don't know how I'm going to stand 2 months of this.
I think I can help with the window bit; since it's a short term rental, I doubt you are allowed to actually install curtains, but you can block out excess light with a bed sheet wrapped around the valence or (if it doesn't have a valence), just around the blind assembly up top itself. Then just wrap around the sides and stuff the rest of the sheet under the weighted bottom of the blind and you should be good.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I think I can help with the window bit; since it's a short term rental, I doubt you are allowed to actually install curtains, but you can block out excess light with a bed sheet wrapped around the valence or (if it doesn't have a valence), just around the blind assembly up top itself. Then just wrap around the sides and stuff the rest of the sheet under the weighted bottom of the blind and you should be good.
If it was a rental, I would, but I doubt my uncle would approve of me hanging stuff over his flimsy blinds. There isn't really anything sturdy to hang it off of.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Video errors seem to be so common these days. Barely any quality control left, I imagine. One or maybe two people doing all the work. That Universal BD is thirteen years old, so you can imagine it looking pretty mediocre.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Why I the app I'm using giving me adds for... the app I'm using?
Clearly you don't appreciate just how good that app is, which is why you need to be shown ads for it? Duh.

/s

Yeah, it's fucking stupid. If you remember physical phone books, they would often have ads for the phone book within them. Which is wierd since you already have one and you probably got it for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Speaking of apps, my gmail app on my phone has stopped giving notifications when I get new mail, and I have no idea why.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Speaking of apps, my gmail app on my phone has stopped giving notifications when I get new mail, and I have no idea why.
I turned off notifications from Gmail years ago; I didn't need notified every time some company I impulse-bought something from sent me some marketing. I honestly can't recall the last time I received a personal email. Outside of my work email (which is separate,) I have very little use for email anymore; most things can be handled via call or text, but to be fair, I've got few things to be handled.

Now, since we're complaining about apps, if someone can explain to me why my phone's Alexa (which apparently I have; I thought Alexa was Apple, and I've a Samsung) doesn't hear me EVER, but likes to pop open when it overhears a conversation by actors on television? I seriously don't know what to say to activate it, but at least twice a day, it'll overhear something on TV and spring to life only to apologize that it can't complete "my" search. I can't count the times I've looked like a complete ass speaking to my phone trying to get it to recognize me as opposed to a commercial. I don't really care; I never use voice functions on my phone, but something about it listening to everyone BUT me irks me.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So we're about to elect a dictator's son into office. Great. Looks like I'll be spending the next few years trying to get a job in Australia or some shit.

I'd like to thank certified piece of shits Zucc and Dorsey as well as whoever fuck is in charge of TikTok for making this possible. I hope you slip on a turd and crack your skulls on a toilet bowl.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I hate trying to figure out search engines. I want to look up what the longest land mammal is but all I get is "longest lived" mammal or it ignores the land part and gives me whales, or it gives me largest land mammal. I'm not complaining about it working the way it is, it's just doing what it should in most instances but I wish I knew how to get the result I want and it's frustrating.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So we're about to elect a dictator's son into office. Great. Looks like I'll be spending the next few years trying to get a job in Australia or some shit.

I'd like to thank certified piece of shits Zucc and Dorsey as well as whoever fuck is in charge of TikTok for making this possible. I hope you slip on a turd and crack your skulls on a toilet bowl.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

For real, that Bongbong doofus is actually set to win? How? You mentioned Tiktok, don't tell me he's meme'ing himself into dictatorship?
I hate trying to figure out search engines. I want to look up what the longest land mammal is but all I get is "longest lived" mammal or it ignores the land part and gives me whales, or it gives me largest land mammal. I'm not complaining about it working the way it is, it's just doing what it should in most instances but I wish I knew how to get the result I want and it's frustrating.
Probably the African Bush Elephant. Up to 24ft in length. Also tallest and heaviest.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
For real, that Bongbong doofus is actually set to win? How? You mentioned Tiktok, don't tell me he's meme'ing himself into dictatorship?
Probably the African Bush Elephant. Up to 24ft in length. Also tallest and heaviest.
Hrm. What about longest relative to its size? I'm trying to figure out just how long an animal can be before it needs an additional pair of legs to not have back problems.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'd not get your heart set on Australia until after the election in a few weeks. New Zealand always seems nice, though.