Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Game journalist picked up a game called Endcycle that's like the MegaMan Battle Network series but their big problem with it was that they couldn't pause and said several times, "Like One Step From Eden"..... But.... but OSFE has a pause feature... there's a pause in that game... Fucking game journalists...

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Steve really has some of the dumbest hot takes, but has no idea what he's talking about. High School of the Dead has a good story? High School of the Dead, has a good story? And he does not see it as a guilty pleasure. People are free to like what they're like, but there's standards you got to take. Nothing about that anime is special. It's your typical zombie fiction, with your typical ecchi/anime fan service. Yes, they have bad ass action girls, but I find most of the characters not that compelling or interesting. You have an episode that tries to make the Japanese ultra nationalist the good guys and the "voice of reason". Think about that for a second.

Another thing about the story is that there's a lot of dumb plot convenience is that happen for no reason other than to make people outside of the core group stupid or insane. It doesn't matter much anyway, because the story is pretty much dead at this point. The creator of the manga died back in 2016. It's sad to see it happen, but you're not going to see any more of that anime or manga. For some reason I haven't feeling Steve doesn't know the death of the creator. He's not going to get any more either way, so he better get used to reading or rewatching the series again at a certain point. So honestly, just watch the anime and ended in that OVA special where they are on the island. That's about as close to a bittersweet ending you're going to get.

Game journalist picked up a game called Endcycle that's like the MegaMan Battle Network series but their big problem with it was that they couldn't pause and said several times, "Like One Step From Eden"..... But.... but OSFE has a pause feature... there's a pause in that game... Fucking game journalists...
Like I mentioned before and another topic, they were many game critics that hated on Killer Is Dead, cuz you could not juggle like and Devil May Cry. Most of them weren't referring to regular continuity DMC, they were referring to DmC (2013). Despite the fact that it was a Grasshopper Studio game, and they don't make their games like DMC or the reboot. Yet most of the time these assholes are clamoring and always shouting how they want "unique and original experiences". They were taking marks off the game, because it didn't copy one game enough. Even though, Grasshopper set out to do their own thing. You really can't win with these jackasses. Other than telling most of them to screw off, or point out their bullshit when it's super bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We're cat-sitting for a friend this weekend. Shoot me fucking dead. One of us isn't going to survive this ordeal, and I'm bigger and stronger than the cat, so you can extrapolate how I'm planning on this going...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not half an hour ago, I watched a complete idiot make a left turn from the right lane in the middle of a complicated intersection, without signaling, and almost run someone else off the road in the process. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: We need dependable self-driving cars ASAP and then a total ban on manual driving. Humans as a whole are just too fucking stupid to be trusted with 1 1/2-ton speed machines.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not half an hour ago, I watched a complete idiot make a left turn from the right lane in the middle of a complicated intersection, without signaling, and almost run someone else off the road in the process. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: We need dependable self-driving cars ASAP and then a total ban on manual driving. Humans as a whole are just too fucking stupid to be trusted with 1 1/2-ton speed machines.
So that was about an hour after you posted:

It's because most people were, and still are, far too stupid and inattentive to be safely allowed to control a motor vehicle. And these people want flying cars?!
Didn't have to wait long for further evidence.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: We need dependable self-driving cars ASAP and then a total ban on manual driving. Humans as a whole are just too fucking stupid to be trusted with 1 1/2-ton speed machines.
I wouldn't at all mind a total ban on cars, period. And I say this is someone who has spent his whole life so far relying on private vehicles. Every time I visit a foreign country with decent public transportation, I feel so damn jealous.

OT: Facebook has finally implemented their TikTok knockoff onto their website and it's driving me CRAZY. The moment I graduate I'm migrating to Discord. Or maybe I'll just become a hermit.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Having the actual weight be different for different foodstuffs makes accurate recipe conversion a nightmare. E.g.:

1 cup butter = 228g
1 cup rolled oats = 85g
1 cup dry goods (apparently excl. rolled oats specifically) = 128g
1 cup sugar (also not a dry good) = 201g
1 cup honey = 340g

Just use grams for everything!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Having the actual weight be different for different foodstuffs makes accurate recipe conversion a nightmare. E.g.:

1 cup butter = 228g
1 cup rolled oats = 85g
1 cup dry goods (apparently excl. rolled oats specifically) = 128g
1 cup sugar (also not a dry good) = 201g
1 cup honey = 340g

Just use grams for everything!
Seems to me the opposite is true. You’d need scales - very exacting ones - to measure out some of these. Where if one is using the cup measure it’s an easy eyeball.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, the "cup" is an arbitrary measurement, but what's wrong with measuring by volume? If they were to say cubic centimeters or millilitres, would that e better?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Seems to me the opposite is true. You’d need scales - very exacting ones - to measure out some of these. Where if one is using the cup measure it’s an easy eyeball.
It all depends the on the recipe. Making a smoothie, just use cups. Making puff pastry, good fucking luck using volume measurements.

Difference is though, you need only two instruments (a scale and a container) for recipes with grams while you need maybe 4 or 5 instruments for recipes with volume. Every recipe with volume can be converted to grams as well, whereas the reverse is not generally not true. At least, if you care about following the recipe.

Although personally, I still tend to use volume measurements. I bake a lot less these days so my scale isn't as needed.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It all depends the on the recipe. Making a smoothie, just use cups. Making puff pastry, good fucking luck using volume measurements.

Difference is though, you need only two instruments (a scale and a container) for recipes with grams while you need maybe 4 or 5 instruments for recipes with volume. Every recipe with volume can be converted to grams as well, whereas the reverse is not generally not true. At least, if you care about following the recipe.

Although personally, I still tend to use volume measurements. I bake a lot less these days so my scale isn't as needed.
A fair point, but to my mind making puff pastries is for madmen and heroes. Since I’m neither I just buy the pre-made stuff. It does well enough for my level of cuisine.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I own digital scales, and honestly can't think of a single supoermarket where I couldn't just go grab some now.

Eh, the "cup" is an arbitrary measurement, but what's wrong with measuring by volume? If they were to say cubic centimeters or millilitres, would that e better?
If something is tightly packed it'll have less volume, but will weigh the same whether it's densely or loosely packed. The recipe where this irked me most recently had a lot of peanut butter in it, which is pretty hard to get a volume on because it doesn't lay flat in a container. Also, it's not a dry good, but it's not a sugar, so what is it?!

Edit: It is not a butter.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If something is tightly packed it'll have less volume, but will weigh the same whether it's densely or loosely packed.
Ah, good point, that's why they sell breakfast cereal by weight not volume.

The recipe where this irked me most recently had a lot of peanut butter in it, which is pretty hard to get a volume on because it doesn't lay flat in a container.
Also true...though, do you weigh peanut butter instead? Seems like too much mucking about, just get a spoonfull ish and be done with it. And don't bother with anything requiring more than a convenient amount of spoons, I guess.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
do you weigh peanut butter instead? Seems like too much mucking about, just get a spoonfull ish and be done with it. And don't bother with anything requiring more than a convenient amount of spoons, I guess.
I did weigh it, but after seeing how much 225g of it would be I had to accept I was going to have to change the recipe because that's just too much (I used coconut milk instead, which is probably why my protein bars haven't really set three days later). So actually the cups thing didn't really matter that much. But nevertheless!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I did weigh it, but after seeing how much 225g of it would be I had to accept I was going to have to change the recipe because that's just too much (I used coconut milk instead, which is probably why my protein bars haven't really set three days later). So actually the cups thing didn't really matter that much. But nevertheless!
Christ that's a ridiculous amount of peanut butter. That's practically half a fucking jar.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Christ that's a ridiculous amount of peanut butter. That's practically half a fucking jar.
More than - a jar is about 350g here. They taste great though.

Edit: This may also be a cups conversion issue, maybe it should have been a lot less.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I have to move to a big city for 2 months for the last year of school for millwright and I hate it. I've been here 3 days and it feels like a week already. There's too many people here, too much traffic, and I feel stressed and trapped by how big it is. I can't sleep at night, the bed is uncomfortable and the window lets in too much light. I hate dealing with people I don't know, so class is kind of stressful. Millwright stuff, despite almost being a journeyman, doesn't really interest me that much and I don't identify with or share much in common with the majority of the people who end up in the trade. I'm living with my uncle, and he's nice, but I'm uncomfortable anyway living away from home. I miss my cat. I wish it was over already, I don't know how I'm going to stand 2 months of this.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I have to move to a big city for 2 months for the last year of school for millwright and I hate it. I've been here 3 days and it feels like a week already. There's too many people here, too much traffic, and I feel stressed and trapped by how big it is. I can't sleep at night, the bed is uncomfortable and the window lets in too much light. I hate dealing with people I don't know, so class is kind of stressful. Millwright stuff, despite almost being a journeyman, doesn't really interest me that much and I don't identify with or share much in common with the majority of the people who end up in the trade. I'm living with my uncle, and he's nice, but I'm uncomfortable anyway living away from home. I miss my cat. I wish it was over already, I don't know how I'm going to stand 2 months of this.
Keep your eyes on the prize, and 2 months will fly by. Also remember that there's only so many places one needs to go to in a "big city." I effectively moved to Dallas (Plano, about 30 miles north of Dallas proper; DFW is usually referred to as a collective despite the myriad cities that aren't either but encompass "the Metroplex") 10 years ago, and despite its size, I've rarely found a necessity to go into Dallas proper; I'm content with the surrounding areas for basic necessities, and they're not nearly a busy as "the Metroplex" leads many to believe. Now, Dallas proper? Fuck that. I only find myself down there for concerts my gf drags me to, and it's a fucking mess. Every time I'm there, I wonder about the tons of apartments and why anyone would willingly live in the thick of that shit. At least your stay is temporary.