Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
For real, that Bongbong doofus is actually set to win? How? You mentioned Tiktok, don't tell me he's meme'ing himself into dictatorship?
Basically, he spent the last 6 years spending significant amounts of his ill-gotten wealth on one of the most effective disinformation campaigns I've ever seen. It was an all out attack on the truth. Pussy ass ***** skipped every single election debate because that's what lost him the vice-presidency last time. Instead of talking to traditional media, he gives interviews to dipshit social media interviewers. Without filtering the questions before hand, he'd let everyone know how much of a dumbass he is.

He's got fake news all over YouTube, twitter, and facebook, but his biggest personal presence was on tiktok. I think he has some kind of vlog series. Reached millions and millions of people daily.

So in the end, lesson of the story is, peaceful revolutions don't really work. Sometimes assholes need to die.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
True facts. Few things are more enraging than being told you're being irrational whilst in an irrational state.
Isn't that the reason why you tell people to calm down, though? You make people more angry while pretending you are trying to make them less angry.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well it looks like my PS4 can't handle any RE engine games anymore. The console gets too hot. I have a PS4 from 2015. It still works fine with all the other games, but if I want to play DMC5, I either have to get the PS4 Pro (by trading in my old PS4), or buy my brother's Xbox One S, and then rebuy some of these games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well it looks like my PS4 can't handle any RE engine games anymore. The console gets too hot. I have a PS4 from 2015. It still works fine with all the other games, but if I want to play DMC5, I either have to get the PS4 Pro (by trading in my old PS4), or but my brother's Xbox One S. And then rebuy some of these games.
Surly you can find a "new-to-you" PS4 on the [relatively] cheap? Buying your brother's Xbox AND the games is going to be more expensive than just replacing your existing console (assuming your brother wants his money's worth for his console, of course.)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It should be illegal, I'm talking a capital offence, to use an ATM for anything other than cash withdrawals. The next time I pull up behind some asshole hanging out of the window of his ajar car door because he was too stupid to pull up correctly, then struggle with his worn card for two minutes, then withdraw $20, then deposit a stack of checks from his small business, then transfer money between accounts AFTER checking multiple account balances... I'm going to lose it. Take your ass inside and deal with an ACTUAL teller, and let those of us with shit to do use the ATM in under a minute the way God intended.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Surly you can find a "new-to-you" PS4 on the [relatively] cheap? Buying your brother's Xbox AND the games is going to be more expensive than just replacing your existing console (assuming your brother wants his money's worth for his console, of course.)
To get the refurbished PS4 pro, I either have to go to a GameStop or a Disc Replay. Right now, GameStop is looking more in my favor considering, I've had a long time membership with them.

As for my older brother, I mainly just want the console. I might take one or two of his games, otherwise he can do whatever he wants with the rest. He just got an X series X recently and it comes with the disk drive. He still has his all digital Series X last I remember, but he was going to trade it in soon for something. That one he can have at and do whatever he wants. My big bro wouldn't charge me that much, the worst to worse, I can just pay him in installments. It's me, so I know this is the only person he would do it for.

My other option is to hope that one of my local GameStops have a PS5 and I can trade the PS4 for it and get something out of it.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So I was in the supermarket today, doing my groceries. Was at the cheese and charcuterie stand, waiting my turn. Three people in front of me. First two had big orders and there's was only one person working the counter, so it took a while. When it was the third one's turn, an old lady, she said "A minute please, I haven't looked to see what I want yet"

And I'm internally going like "Wtf, you daft old tart, we've been standing here 10 minutes or something, and only now do you even start deciding what you want?". She then started slowly pacing back and forth along the stand. I looked at the girl behind the counter and you could see her eyes just glaze over. Finally she picked something. This repeated for like another dozen items. That shit took forever.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So I was in the supermarket today, doing my groceries. Was at the cheese and charcuterie stand, waiting my turn. Three people in front of me. First two had big orders and there's was only one person working the counter, so it took a while. When it was the third one's turn, an old lady, she said "A minute please, I haven't looked to see what I want yet"

And I'm internally going like "Wtf, you daft old tart, we've been standing here 10 minutes or something, and only now do you even start deciding what you want?". She then started slowly pacing back and forth along the stand. I looked at the girl behind the counter and you could see her eyes just glaze over. Finally she picked something. This repeated for like another dozen items. That shit took forever.
Yeah, I don't care how old you are, basic common sense mandates that you realize you're not the only person in the world in situations like that. Were I you, I'd have found a polite way to ask the woman behind the counter (not the old lady, fuck her) if it'd be ok to complete your transaction while the hag finally STARTS shopping.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well it looks like my PS4 can't handle any RE engine games anymore. The console gets too hot. I have a PS4 from 2015. It still works fine with all the other games, but if I want to play DMC5, I either have to get the PS4 Pro (by trading in my old PS4), or buy my brother's Xbox One S, and then rebuy some of these games.
If you're handy with tools, it might be worth your while to disassemble the case and check for dust buildup inside. I mean, if you break something, you were gonna replace it anyway, right?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you're handy with tools, it might be worth your while to disassemble the case and check for dust buildup inside. I mean, if you break something, you were gonna replace it anyway, right?
I don't exactly trust myself. I know there are guide videos, but I don't want to risk it.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Harrowing military cover up, still being covered up. Remember reading about it long before but had no idea they refused to do anything all these years, still relying on insultingly blatant lies. Can't imagine the anger of her family from all this. The military has gotten so used to getting away with covering up their vast problems with abuse and murder of their own employees.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.

The ones I hate so much are the people ahead of me at the grocery/convivence store who will buy a scratch lottery ticket, and scratch it right there in line during the transaction, and then either collect the "winnings" or buy another without regard for the line forming behind them. "Hey, lady (although I've seen old boomers do this too,) your transaction is completed. Get your ass to the back of the line." How could someone have so little shame?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The ones I hate so much are the people ahead of me at the grocery/convivence store who will buy a scratch lottery ticket, and scratch it right there in line during the transaction, and then either collect the "winnings" or buy another without regard for the line forming behind them. "Hey, lady (although I've seen old boomers do this too,) your transaction is completed. Get your ass to the back of the line." How could someone have so little shame?
I don't think it's shame so much as it is complete obliviousness to the fact that their behavior is affecting people behind/around them... which I completely don't understand. I am extremely self-conscious, both unnecessarily and to my own detriment, so I am always perceptive as to how I might be being perceived by those around me. When people do stuff like that mentioned in Chimpzy's post, I might as well be seeing a ghost or watching a UFO land on my front lawn, it's THAT unnatural to me. The idea that anyone can have that little consideration for everyone else is baffling. You may be the center of YOUR universe, but you're not the center of the universe we all share, and if you think your patronizing with your money gives you right to waste the time of everyone around you... fuck you.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Week before last I had to have my left hip replaced along with the femur joint. Goddamn I cant remember that last time I was this bored or in this much pain. I'm allergic to painkillers so I had to go to just tylenol after the first few days.

I'm in a weird spot because this wasn't an age or health thing. I'm only 40 and I was running 10-20 miles a week before my hip starting giving out. It was due to a birth defect. So the doctors are being weird about recovery. Most people who get a hip replaced are usually a buck or two older than me and or have other issues so its normally like a 6 week recovery or more. Its been almost two weeks and I'm going insane. I was up and walking around the day of the surgery but they tell me I have to use a cane or a walker so I dont trip or something and fuck up my hip. My only problem is essentially all my muscles and shit are healing back together I'm basically in nonstop mild pain. Its distracting enough that I dont enjoy doing anything like playing videogames or watching movies for more than 15 minutes before I need to get up and move around. I see my doctor in 4 days and I'm climbing the walls and praying he lets me off the leash. I'm thinking about sneaking out to go see Dr Strange tomorrow. Kinda desperate to see it before it gets spoiled. BLAAH.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@The Rogue Wolf and @Xprimentyl, I just got my PS4 back today and everything has been cleaned out. So far, it's been very quiet. I have not tested DMC5 yet, but I'll do so later. I gonna buy an XBOX One copy of DMC5 later as back up. I did the same with RE2 Remake yesterday. My PS4 version of RE2, I am going to leave alone for a long while; just to be sure.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
@The Rogue Wolf and @Xprimentyl, I just got my PS4 back today and everything has been cleaned out. So far, it's been very quiet. I have not tested DMC5 yet, but I'll do so later. I gonna buy an XBOX One copy of DMC5 later as back up. I did the same with RE2 Remake yesterday. My PS4 version of RE2, I am going to leave alone for a long while; just to be sure.
Considering that consoles are basically cut-down multimedia PCs these days, you'd think they'd be designed to be maintained like a PC. But hey, just get people to go buy another one. Yay profits!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Considering that consoles are basically cut-down multimedia PCs these days, you'd think they'd be designed to be maintained like a PC. But hey, just get people to go buy another one. Yay profits!
Update: I traded in some PS4 games I don't play anymore, or had a spare copy of a game I already own. Redout, Zombie Army 4, and Streets of Rage 4 (the spare copy), and got DMC5 for free due to trading in. They have DMC5 on sale for $10.99 at GameStop.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I hate how people get into relationships and force their SO on everyone else. I used to enjoy hanging out with my cousins at holidays and playing games, one of the highpoints of the year, really, but it hasn't been the same since they started dragging their SOs along. Just because you like someone shouldn't mean everybody else in the family should have to tolerate their presence.

It's especially bad since it seems like nobody can tolerate not being in a relationship. My one cousin's wife died 4 months ago, so I thought I'd be able to get him alone for a change, but no, he's already got a new girlfriend. Unbelievable. Really makes me lose a lot of respect for him. I just don't understand how someone can change gears so fast. I'm still not ready for another relationship and it's been 13 years.

Isn't that the reason why you tell people to calm down, though? You make people more angry while pretending you are trying to make them less angry.
That is exactly the reason. Works like a dream every time.

Reactions: BrawlMan