Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My daughter moved out to be near work after Grad School and near the big city to party. Covid hit and with WFH, it didn't matter where she lived relative to work. And she found friends and family were near home rather than big city. So she moved back into my house with the goal of having a condo or house rather than rent w/i 2 years. I posted before, while I have one bottle in the shower (shampoo, conditioner and body wash in one: been noted to improve it also needs to be toothpaste) she has lined the tub with bottles that fall everywhere. And a dang scrungee sponge she hangs from the shower knob that is always in the way.

Well, housing prices have gone thru the roof. Like, insane. So, 2 years is now going to be 3 (spring 2024) And she got a dog. So I basically got a dog. Thought the next time I had to deal with poop, it would be from one of my grand kids.
That's some truly unconditional love right there. Not to rain on your newly postponed parade, but I'm not sure one more year is going to bring housing costs down much. I say just sign the mortgage over to your daughter, so it becomes YOU living with HER. The only gamble there is she might turn around and put you in a retirement home.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
That's some truly unconditional love right there. Not to rain on your newly postponed parade, but I'm not sure one more year is going to bring housing costs down much. I say just sign the mortgage over to your daughter, so it becomes YOU living with HER. The only gamble there is she might turn around and put you in a retirement home.
That and in 10 years I don't think I have to pay RE tax of about $10K a year if we still own it. Put in a trust, pay the tax. And even sorrier, in the US, I don't think these prices are sustainable. Some predict this bubble will burst w/i the next few months. It could be a perfect storm of recession, rising mortgage rates. Not sure as materials are expensive. You don't want to build now.

At least the dog is cute.

1653416548393.png

Oh no. And this just happened Steven Tyler Enters Treatment Program to Focus on 'Health and Recovery' amid Relapse (msn.com)

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That and in 10 years I don't think I have to pay RE tax of about $10K a year if we still own it. Put in a trust, pay the tax. And even sorrier, in the US, I don't think these prices are sustainable. Some predict this bubble will burst w/i the next few months. It could be a perfect storm of recession, rising mortgage rates. Not sure as materials are expensive. You don't want to build now.
Meh, too much planning and forward thinking. I say light a match, burn that shit down, and collect on the insurance; rent a nice condo somewhere and sip margaritas on your balcony while law enforcement and insurance companies are none the wiser. Fool-proof plan straight out of Ocean's 11... or my demented mind that has no concept of real-world consequences. Basically, don't listen to me.

At least the dog is cute.
Doggo IS cute!! Name?

Yeah, can't say I'm surprised. If the music industry has taught us anything it's that drugs and alcohol are a huge part of it, and the brightest stars often find themselves tangled up in them. A relapse at 74 is a bit odd, but when you're the front man for a band as popular as Aerosmith with living proof in Keith Richards that you're practically invincible when it comes to substance use... why not? That said, it IS sad. I wish him nothing but the best and a speedy journey back onto the wagon (Keith Richards is an anomaly, not an example.)

Reactions: gorfias

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
People that walk around in parking lots and intersections as if they can win a fight between them and a motor vehicle piss me off. If you're elderly or disabled that's one thing but so many people with perfectly working legs just casually stroll about like they're Superman or something. I'm a safe driver I think, but what if I made some slight slip up or something with breaking late or what if someone else isn't a safe driver? "Lady! Do you have any sense if self preservation at all?!" Freaking hell...
Idiots: "If you hit me, I'll sue!"

Physics: "From beyond the grave?"

One day, Steven Tyler's lips will grow to encompass half of the planet, and Mick Jagger's will cover the other, and the battle between them for domination of the Earth will be EPIC.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh yeah, we just had our federal election in Australia, and while there's a law that says ads on TV and stuff have to knock it off a few days before the election, this does not apply to youtube ads, so every time you try and watch something on youtube we'd get "There's a hole in you budget, dear Labor" or Clive Palmer (Australia's less charismatic version of Trump, who spend zillions and got zero seats) blathering on about something.
My favourite one of Palmer’s ads was the one about a private airfield owned by a Chinese company out in mining territory or something. Something Australians may or may not be concerned about but the tone of the ad was as if he was telling us something not even the Gub’mint knew. And all I could think was “Mother fucker, if you believe for a moment there isn’t an ASIO operative or three monitoring that place constantly and that the RAAF totally haven’t done a bombing scenario for it then you’re off your chops”.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think I might have erectile dysfunction. Actually, I don't just suspect, I'm pretty sure. Maybe it's from my kidney disease. Maybe from the ever bloating number of meds I take for my kidney disease, fair number of beta blockers and other blood pressure stuff in there. Maybe from the stress on my life from dealing with slowly failing kidneys. Maybe from the strain it's been putting on my relationship with my girlfriend. Maybe a wombo combo of all those things and more. Long and short of it, my trouser monkey has been more pygmy marmoset than gorilla as of late.

"Dafuck you telling us for? Go see a doctor and/or therapist", and yes, you're right, and I will asap. But currently I am deeply frustrated, unfathomably horny, stressed the fuck out and also a little bit absolutely livid because I've asked the doctors treating me numerous times what I could expect in terms of symptoms, but that one was oddly never mentioned, even tho it's apparently extremely common for men in my condition. So yes, will talk to doctor. Will be somewhat less friendly than usual tho. And hoping that something can be done, like getting Sildenafil scrip and that it helps, cuz 2-5 years of this would be pretty damn flaccid.

In the meantime, I just wanna vent about it, even if it is a tad embarrassing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So we've got COVID, mass shootings, economic recession, hate crimes, supply chain issues making the acquisition of goods as basic as baby formula extremely difficult, so what is our government doing about those things?

Deflecting much? If the people are looking towards the sky, they're not looking down into their empty pockets, empty store shelves and full coffins, I guess. Seriously, the aliens aren't doing anything wrong; they're just voyeurs watching our shit-show of a civilization collapse in on itself.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So we've got COVID, mass shootings, economic recession, hate crimes, supply chain issues making the acquisition of goods as basic as baby formula extremely difficult, so what is our government doing about those things?

Deflecting much? If the people are looking towards the sky, they're not looking down into their empty pockets, empty store shelves and full coffins, I guess. Seriously, the aliens aren't doing anything wrong; they're just voyeurs watching our shit-show of a civilization collapse in on itself.
Eh, about a hundred years ago, people were claiming to see unidentified airships flying around. As in, dirigibles. That might be why you still have the odd cigar-shaped UFO stuff.

Though, given that any numpty can get a plane or at least a drone nowdays, it's long past time people took this more seriously and dropped the aliens stuff and took an interest in who is flying what.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Though, given that any numpty can get a plane or at least a drone nowdays, it's long past time people took this more seriously and dropped the aliens stuff and took an interest in who is flying what.
I just feel we've got slightly bigger issues our government should be focused than "UFOs." Isn't there a war in Ukraine started by a psychopath who's threatened nuclear repercussions should the west get actively involved? A crippled supply chain leaving store shelves empty driving up cost of goods and inflation? Is our national average gas price damn-near $5/gallon? Are they seriously focused on E.T. and repealing the right of woman to terminate unwanted pregnancies, a right they should have ALWAYS had, but have only had for a mere 40 years?

I don't care who's flying what or whether or not we can identify their flying objects unless the beings in them have a quick fix for the shit that's REALLY got us all fucked up right now.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

1653592943626.png

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Week 3 1/2 since Hip surgery. My physical therapists and surgeon all say Im way ahead in my recovery, which is what I want but the aggressive training and strengthening is becoming more than I can handle. I threw out my cane and Im forcing myself to walk without it period but its agony. Im just desperate to get back to normal. I finally broke down and started taking the oxycodone, just once a day when my pain is to the absolute point of eyewatering. I hate this because the pain and decrepitude just make me awful to be around so Ive isolated myself rather than try to pretend to be cheery when all I can think about is the shooting pain in my leg. At least the incision is 95% healed. Its my only real guage for my progress. I keep thinking one week at a time. Its supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks recovery. Im trying to beat that before I go insane.

X-ray -

IMG_20220519_111928_01~2.jpg

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Week 3 1/2 since Hip surgery. My physical therapists and surgeon all say Im way ahead in my recovery, which is what I want but the aggressive training and strengthening is becoming more than I can handle. I threw out my cane and Im forcing myself to walk without it period but its agony. Im just desperate to get back to normal. I finally broke down and started taking the oxycodone, just once a day when my pain is to the absolute point of eyewatering. I hate this because the pain and decrepitude just make me awful to be around so Ive isolated myself rather than try to pretend to be cheery when all I can think about is the shooting pain in my leg. At least the incision is 95% healed. Its my only real guage for my progress. I keep thinking one week at a time. Its supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks recovery. Im trying to beat that before I go insane.

X-ray -

I know it doesn't mean much, especially when the pain hits, but we're pulling for you. While the journey may suck ass, sometimes the only way out is through.

Good luck and keep on keepin' on.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
My sister is having trouble with her Apple earphones, they seem to be broken and it'll be a ***** to get it repaired.

I can understand why she's so upset and so I'm trying to be gentle, but man I fucking knew this was going to happen and it's annoying to hear her complain when I told her it was a bad idea to get them in the first place. Apple users I know are like abused partners in toxic relationships. I have no idea how they can keep coming back o the brand.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
My sister is having trouble with her Apple earphones, they seem to be broken and it'll be a ***** to get it repaired.

I can understand why she's so upset and so I'm trying to be gentle, but man I fucking knew this was going to happen and it's annoying to hear her complain when I told her it was a bad idea to get them in the first place. Apple users I know are like abused partners in toxic relationships. I have no idea how they can keep coming back o the brand.
I’ll sing the praises of the iPhone and iPad in sheer out of the box usability all day but AirPods look like the biggest pieces of shit on the market. I cannot fathom trusting the longevity or durability of something that small that needs to do what they do.

Tell her junk them, and get a brand who’ve actually been doing sound and speakers as their bread and butter.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I’ll sing the praises of the iPhone and iPad in sheer out of the box usability all day but AirPods look like the biggest pieces of shit on the market. I cannot fathom trusting the longevity or durability of something that small that needs to do what they do.

Tell her junk them, and get a brand who’ve actually been doing sound and speakers as their bread and butter.
The quality of their products is irrelevant to me, what's pissing me off is their awful, awful customer service and practices. She told me her airpods can only be linked to one Apple ID.

What the actual fuck.

And now she's trying to just get it looked at, which she needs to make a fucking appointment for. Like she's going to the fucking doctor. This is shit is high key ridiculous for products that are barely any different to the alternatives.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler