Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The quality of their products is irrelevant to me, what's pissing me off is their awful, awful customer service and practices. She told me her airpods can only be linked to one Apple ID.

What the actual fuck.

And now she's trying to just get it looked at, which she needs to make a fucking appointment for. Like she's going to the fucking doctor. This is shit is high key ridiculous for products that are barely any different to the alternatives.
That is likewise bullshit of the highest order. Tie them to a brick and toss it through the window of the Apple Store and tell her to go buy some Senheiser or Sony Bluetooth cans that do noise cancelling. No bullshit linking to IDs and they work with basically everything.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
The funny thing is I got goofy ears so even if I wanted the stupid ipods I couldn't wear'm theyd fall right out. With that context I really never got the gimmick. I assume people think they dont stand out, they do and they just make people look weird. Worse theres just no world where you dont eventually drop and lose or break them. I use jabra tarah pro's. best Bluetooths Ive ever owned and Ive tried a lot of them.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The funny thing is I got goofy ears so even if I wanted the stupid ipods I couldn't wear'm theyd fall right out. With that context I really never got the gimmick. I assume people think they dont stand out, they do and they just make people look weird. Worse theres just no world where you dont eventually drop and lose or break them. I use jabra tarah pro's. best Bluetooths Ive ever owned and Ive tried a lot of them.
I have something like that. I don't own many in-ear headphones, but when I use the old ones that came with my iPhone - when my cans are charging - the right earbud sits in perfectly but presses up against something and I can't hear anything. I know both the earbud and my ear work because if I tweak the angle slightly with my hand I can hear fine.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I have something like that. I don't own many in-ear headphones, but when I use the old ones that came with my iPhone - when my cans are charging - the right earbud sits in perfectly but presses up against something and I can't hear anything. I know both the earbud and my ear work because if I tweak the angle slightly with my hand I can hear fine.
Yeah, Jarbra atleast makes these replaceable (god forbid apple do that) suction cup ear buds that expand when they're in your concha cavum, and a brace that sits in your scapha. Its neat you put them in and turn and it locks in, you dont have to dork around with reseating them trying to find the sweet spot. Even comes with a couple sizes and spare sets. They're made for hardcore runners though.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Oh my Gooooooooooooooooood! Adding music to my phone is so tedious because of how picky I am! Listen to snippet of song... listen again... think about it.... listen again.... go onto Youtube to hear full version... buy song, download to phone. It takes so damn long to go through an album or two and I can't do anything else while browsing because I have to pay very close attention to make sure the songs are to my taste and.... freaking hell, I spent two hours doing this this night.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh my Gooooooooooooooooood! Adding music to my phone is so tedious because of how picky I am! Listen to snippet of song... listen again... think about it.... listen again.... go onto Youtube to hear full version... buy song, download to phone. It takes so damn long to go through an album or two and I can't do anything else while browsing because I have to pay very close attention to make sure the songs are to my taste and.... freaking hell, I spent two hours doing this this night.
Use the free version of Spotify. Most music is on there in some form or fashion, and you don't have to download it; just suffer a commercial every few songs. You can make playlists and everything. I've been a paying customer since forever (I don't like to think what I've paid them,) but I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Had an unexpected 4-day weekend last weekend, and was really looking forward to it, then my girlfriend convoluted it with visits from friends and family, a plumber $200 later, our neighbors mooched our lawn guy, and she felt the need to be an intermediary between grown men completely capable of negotiating their own terms, oh, a grocery list for poutine that no one asked for, and every moment of calm was the "perfect" opportunity for daily chores. Almost wish I had worked Friday and Monday because those days felt more like a work day than an actual work day.

And June is already booked. We have another friend, an elderly woman from out of town who's going to both a funeral and a reunion over the next couple of weeks, who's coming in tomorrow, staying with us for a day, driving away, coming back, staying with us again, then driving home. Oh, her sister and brother-in-law are coming in too for a completely unrelated event while she's here, so we're giving up our master bedroom for them. Her nieces are here now from Oklahoma after a concert they attended last night; I had to run to the grocery store TWICE for foods they like.

I'm fucking 42. I look forward to days I'm not "supposed" to do something, then those days are coopted by people casually doing what they want to do and my gf's insatiable need to please everyone around her. Then guess who she blames and complains to when she's overwhelmed. This guy. I'm seriously considering staging my own own kidnapping so I can get a break from everybody else.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm fucking 42. I look forward to days I'm not "supposed" to do something, then those days are coopted by people casually doing what they want to do and my gf's insatiable need to please everyone around her. Then guess who she blames and complains to when she's overwhelmed. This guy. I'm seriously considering staging my own own kidnapping so I can get a break from everybody else.
And society thinks I'm a failure because I'm 46 and living alone. At least I don't have to put up with this shit.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
And society thinks I'm a failure because I'm 46 and living alone. At least I don't have to put up with this shit.
"Failure" is relative. If nothing else, these past few years have shown that society's opinion of an individual means very little given society can't keeps its collective shit together. If you're content and not harming anyone else, keep on keeping on; you're doing better than most.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
MKV has cropping flags that no media player supports. You can set them in MKVToolNix, before you remux.

This would have been so nice to use as a workaround of the Blu-ray disc designers forcing 16:9 on everyone. A scope movie would display in 1920x800 instead of 1920x1080. All those non-anamorphic widescreen 4:3 DVDs and DVD rips wouldn't have giant black bars on all sides when viewed with a 16:9 display. You wouldn't ever see black bars flash or become purplish due to bad encoding.

Media players are honestly so limited. MPC-HC is the best one but was abandoned by the developers years ago.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So last night I go to bed about an hour early, pretty tired, looking forward to plenty of sleep. Brain goes, naw, mang, how about some nightmares to spice things up?

As in, the part that woke me up was when a guy was underneath some kind of chicken grinder trying to clean it while it was still running, sneezed, stood up... and I got to see both of his legs flayed open.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
So last night I go to bed about an hour early, pretty tired, looking forward to plenty of sleep. Brain goes, naw, mang, how about some nightmares to spice things up?

As in, the part that woke me up was when a guy was underneath some kind of chicken grinder trying to clean it while it was still running, sneezed, stood up... and I got to see both of his legs flayed open.
Punch yourself in the head as punishment for your brain for making up those images, that'll teach it!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Wanted to replace my PS4's thermal paste. The console is much too loud. It sits outside my room like a bad dog, connected with a long HDMI cable that goes under the door. Turns out you can't even replace the thermal paste without a goddamn soldering iron. Look at that cable laid across the plate. It's soldered on one side and fixed into some kind of perma-plug on the other. The motherboard plate also has the plate behind screwed in from the other side. I mean that those screws appear to be PART of that other plate. PlayStations are really uncivilized. Both dismantling videos I watched didn't go into taking off the motherboard plate.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Went on a road trip to get some Cajun food, and while traveling down the service road, a truck in front of me let slip a can of white paint. Splattered all over the road and subsequently into my tires' tread, wheel wells and a nice smattering onto the paint job of my BLACK car. I'm fucking pissed.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Went on a road trip to get some Cajun food, and while traveling down the service road, a truck in front of me let slip a can of white paint. Splattered all over the road and subsequently into my tires' tread, wheel wells and a nice smattering onto the paint job of my BLACK car. I'm fucking pissed.
Ouch. Though, could have ended worse. Still, sucks.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
People that walk across the street at an extremely shallow diagonal, stop.
In my world, it's legal to run such people over. You wanna walk in the streets? DEAL with the streets. These roads weren't paved for the comfort and convenience of your sneaker tread. I'll confidently write "being a self-centered asshole" on your death certificate as the cause of death. Also, your insurance better cover the cost of my subsequent car wash; I'm not paying out of pocket to get your oblivious bits washed out of my undercarriage.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
These roads weren't paved for the comfort and convenience of your sneaker tread.
As a rule, paved roads generally were, though maybe not specifically for sneakers. Concrete or asphalt roads, OTOH, often weren't.

(Yeah, being nit-picky, I know)