Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
And myself, I'm genuinely, well, "baffled" at our American society's infatuation with the royal family's goings on, y'know, given we fought a whole revolutionary war to keep them OUT of our business, yet we can't help but keep our noses in theirs.
I blame Disney. Too many young uns grow up on Disney princesses and wanting to be prom Queen.

Honestly, I guess that statement was mostly rhetorical, but the fantasy of being royalty and being elevated above and treated better than everyone else purely by virtue of existence with no special talents or hard work is pretty appealing to a lot of people, whether they live in a country that was supposedly founded on principles opposed to that or not. Add a lot of shared culture and history, a fixation with celebrity and it's not that surprising.

I am not American, so clearly I don't actually have a clue, but that's my hot take.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Someday someday I will have a weekend someday.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I guess it's kinda taboo to criticize health workers these days, but I showed up to the clinic at 8:30 for the doctor whose hours are 9 to 12. The nurse told me the doctor usually shows up at 9:30. It is now 9:45.

Being late is one thing, but to falsely advertise your consulting hours is a dick move. Sigh. This is my third attempt to see a doctor too.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ugh, I'm tired of not being allowed to drive. Three more weeks.

Being late is one thing, but to falsely advertise your consulting hours is a dick move. Sigh. This is my third attempt to see a doctor too.
Had an appointment for a minor surgery once. At 11:00. I was called in at 18:20.

The hospital I frequent is colloquially called Guest House Hill. Except by people who come there often. They jokingly say Wait House. Joke is funnier in Dutch.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I was working at home this morning when I heard banging on my door. It turned out to be one of my neighbors warning me that my car was about to be towed. The city likes to put small (about the height of a traffic cone) warning signs on the side of the road when they're going to be doing street sweeping, and as most of us around here work from home, we don't move our cars (there's only on-street parking) very often, so the city workers will basically hide them from sight behind our cars.

I ended up with a $50 parking ticket. We couldn't locate which neighbor owned a different car and it got towed. Free revenue for the city!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I was working at home this morning when I heard banging on my door. It turned out to be one of my neighbors warning me that my car was about to be towed. The city likes to put small (about the height of a traffic cone) warning signs on the side of the road when they're going to be doing street sweeping, and as most of us around here work from home, we don't move our cars (there's only on-street parking) very often, so the city workers will basically hide them from sight behind our cars.

I ended up with a $50 parking ticket. We couldn't locate which neighbor owned a different car and it got towed. Free revenue for the city!
Man, that's bullshit.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It is indeed, but well done the neighbour for warning you, and you both for trying to warn someone else.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am absolutely livid that power strips these days a) rarely come with individual switches and b) when they do, THEY DON'T ALIGN THEIR FUCKING SWITCHES WITH THE SOCKET. Seriously, I live in fear that one day I'll cut power to my PC and it will explode or something. Centering the indicator light and not the switch itself is absolutely baffling.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Why the fuck is patio furniture so expensive? Who in their right mind would pay $60 for a pillow?!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We got a fucking cat.
Inguinal hernia. Oh well, at least it's not the testicular cancer I was worried about. Swings and roundabouts.
I call that a win if cancer was ever a potentiality. Still, heal up, and get back out there, soldier.

OT, we got a fucking kitten. Our wealthy, elderly friends found a kitten hiding in their Tesla, and knowing my gf is a cat lover and that we'd just euthanized our old cat [relatively] recently, they figured she'd be the perfect "foster parent," agreeing to pay for any vet/food/toy bills and whatnot until we found it a home. We didn't want another cat. Well, I never wanted a cat ever, and my gf was over the whole chore of owning a cat, but now she's getting attached, and this damn cat more than likely isn't going anywhere. I thought about "accidentally" leaving the door open, and letting it "escape," but the damn thing's too skittish to stray further than a hop away from its current hiding spots in our sunroom.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I got a 7900XT yesterday, and it absolutely will not run with drivers installed. Apparently it has some sort of compatibility issue with my specific motherboard. That model was the only one that's even worth buying right now.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I got a 7900XT yesterday, and it absolutely will not run with drivers installed. Apparently it has some sort of compatibility issue with my specific motherboard. That model was the only one that's even worth buying right now.
What's the motherboard? Have you flashed it to the newest BIOS?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Working in the same room as smokers.

Basically it’s “STOP FUCKING SMOKING. NO ONE WANTS TO KEEP HEARING YOUR NASTY HOARSE/GRAVELY COUGH OR BREATHING THAT AIR IN.”

I’ve gotten in the habit of holding my breath or even exhaling when walking by those general vicinities.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
One of the great ironies of people switching to Team Red because nVidia decided they want to LARP as Captain Planet villains, is that AMD keeps shooting themselves in the foot with stupid shit like this.