Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

NegaWiki

Oct 1, 2011
reddit is killing off third party apps so i’m trying to remember what websites i used to browse in the beforetimes. the escapist looks so different now.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Binding of Isaac does not run on PS4 (crashes while loading) and there is absolutely nobody on the internet who knows, cares or can do anything about it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The 7900XT I bought is apparently defective, and I'll be returning it today. Meanwhile, Best Buy discontinued the sale it was having on them, making them $900 again- with a $100 discount if you sign up for their TotalTech plan... which costs $150 a year.

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
reddit is killing off third party apps so i’m trying to remember what websites i used to browse in the beforetimes. the escapist looks so different now.
What's so bad about just visiting their website or using their app directly?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Found out today that my work-from-home format that has been working just fine for 3 years is transitioning to a hybrid schedule at the end of the month. I. Fucking. HATE this. There is no reason I should commute for my job. Whether I do it here or there, the only difference is the money I'll spend on gas and wear and tear on my car. I'm fucking livid. I already hate my job, now I loathe it with all of my being. The only thing keeping me here is the salary which is substantial [for me] given my tenure, and finding anything comparable immediately would be a huge ask and/or would require I accept a position I dislike just as much or worse.

Anyone want to go in on a one-time heist, ala Ocean's 11? Not sure what skills I can bring to the criminal table, though. I can drive like nobody's business, but Hollywood has taught me heist planning doesn't typically start with the exit strategy.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
There's a term for when all the planets in the solar system are in perfect alignment, but Google won't tell me what it is! Celestial something or other. I remember Yahtzee using the term in one of his old ZP videos, but I don't remember which one that was either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is not so much a complaint on my end, but apparently I was the only one at my local GameStop to pre-order Street Fighter 6 on PS4. No one else pre-ordered at that store for none of the other versions. No one ordered the PS5 nor Series X copies either. Why doesn't GS ever bother to carry extra copies on hand? Y'all had no problems doing this with GoW: Ragnarok and RE4Remake. So why not the same for SF6? I know Street Fighter is a bit more niche by comparison, but it's still a mainstream franchise. There's no excuse for them not to have extra copies. I am saying this, because they already had like 10 people come in before me asking, if they had copies of the game on hand. Glad I reserved and got mine.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This is not so much a complaint on my end, but apparently I was the only one at my local GameStop to pre-order Street Fighter 6 on PS4. No one else pre-ordered at that store for none of the other versions. No one ordered the PS5 nor Series X copies either. Why doesn't GS ever bother to carry extra copies on hand? Y'all had no problems doing this with GoW: Ragnarok and RE4Remake. So why not the same for SF6? I know is Street Fighter is a bit more niche by comparison, but it still a mainstream franchise. There's no excuse for them not to have extra copies. I am saying this, because they already had like 10 people come in before asking, if they had copies of the game on hand. Glad I reserved and got mine.
GW apparently likes doing that with new releases as well. Though, it's nice that people complaining about GW are complaining that they aren't able to buy the stuff they want to give GW money for, as opposed to the usual stuff.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There's a term for when all the planets in the solar system are in perfect alignment, but Google won't tell me what it is! Celestial something or other. I remember Yahtzee using the term in one of his old ZP videos, but I don't remember which one that was either.
Planetary Parade? Tho that's for a nominal alignment of multiple planets. Perfect alignment of all planets isn't possible in a strict sense.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Found out today that my work-from-home format that has been working just fine for 3 years is transitioning to a hybrid schedule at the end of the month. I. Fucking. HATE this. There is no reason I should commute for my job. Whether I do it here or there, the only difference is the money I'll spend on gas and wear and tear on my car. I'm fucking livid. I already hate my job, now I loathe it with all of my being. The only thing keeping me here is the salary which is substantial [for me] given my tenure, and finding anything comparable immediately would be a huge ask and/or would require I accept a position I dislike just as much or worse.

Anyone want to go in on a one-time heist, ala Ocean's 11? Not sure what skills I can bring to the criminal table, though. I can drive like nobody's business, but Hollywood has taught me heist planning doesn't typically start with the exit strategy.
I have a friend who was hired for full work from home, less than a year later he's doing a full 5 days back in the office. I really don't know how he does it. He lost a ton of weight.

I also had another friend who quit his job just because of that. The CEO of their company quite infamously publicly demanded they return to the office. My friend went to the office, took one look at the parking lot that was essentially all reserved for upper management, saw that it was empty, and decided to quit.

I've gone to the office voluntarily once or twice since I started my first job, and it truly was awful. Everything in the business district is overpriced, gas and toll alone is the cost of a pretty expensive meal. I wish you the best in dealing with that hassle, hopefully they'll be lax in implementing the policy.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Planetary Parade? Tho that's for a nominal alignment of multiple planets. Perfect alignment of all planets isn't possible in a strict sense.
No that wasn't it. It's not a scientific term. I'm sure more than a couple stories have used it as an excuse to have something mystical happen.

Last edited:

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Ok, i know you already got your answer and i am two days late. But what about

"Syzygy"

It is the weirder, BETTER word.

Also now to complaining:
I paid 750 to predatory pricing companies the last few months so far to have in effect nothing done on the house.

Last one tries billing me 2 hours work for two people + 40 Euro for coming over, seeing what has to be done, saying: "Nope isn't safe to do, have to let someone fix the roof first" and leaving. 15 minutes "work", + 12minutes * 2 driving max.

And the guy i needed to fix the roof never came back to me after having a look at it once. And i can't do it because i freeze in great heights (And struggle with laziness and procrastination)

And i need that to get the shit on my chimney installed... because after fucking 8 years of living there last year the chimney sweeper noticed the missing cover plate at the end of the chimney... now i am not allowed to use my heating.

Just so tired... i think i might just let it all crash down and fucking burn. I just can't care anymore.

Problem is: It is all my fault. Could have seen to it months/years ago. But i think i like being trapped in a cycle of sorrow and inconvenience. And it is just frustrating that EVERY GOD DAMN TIME i get enough energy to leave my depression for just ONE DAMN ACTION that action is punished. It is always a fight and nothing just ever works. Can't i just pay a weeks salary for a days work of others and have it "taken care of"?

Well. That's it for today, i guess.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I hate how cats will randomly become irrationally terrified of something. Today I was carrying my cat back inside after having her on the leash in the back yard because there was a little thunder and I didn't want her out there in a storm. Well when I opened the door my dad was bending over putting on his shoes, and my cat just went insane with fright when she saw this and leapt out of my arms, giving me a pretty good scratch, ran down the stairs and hissed at me. Absolutely nothing to be scared of, but she was jumpy for like half an hour afterward.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
What's so bad about just visiting their website or using their app directly?
Their app is bad. Uses one of the worst video players ever built and tends to hang and crash constantly.