Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Turns out I have COVID.

Managed to dodge it for 2 years prior to this, so I guess that's something. Basically feels like a bad flu.

It makes sense why I'm the only one that got sick, the rest of my friends have already had it.
Well, better to have caught it now than two years ago. Still, take good care of yourself and listen to medical experts!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Turns out I have COVID.

Managed to dodge it for 2 years prior to this, so I guess that's something. Basically feels like a bad flu.

It makes sense why I'm the only one that got sick, the rest of my friends have already had it.
I know we had some of our disagreements in the past, but I know you're cool and decent guy. Take care of yourself and stay in as much as possible.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Well, better to have caught it now than two years ago. Still, take good care of yourself and listen to medical experts!
So you're telling me not to eat the horse paste? But I already ordered a tub of it just in case a year ago and it's just been sitting here!

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I have been completely unable to use my new TV because I need a second person to help me unpack it and set it up, but I'm in COVID quarantine. So now my new TV is just sitting there taunting me.

Reactions: gorfias

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Today I experienced a scripted video podcast for the first time.

What the fuck is the point of this? Feels like "Hollywood adaptation of a anime" levels of misunderstanding the appeal of something.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Took a test and I'm COVID negative, though I still have a pretty bad cough. I haven't slept through a full night in 2 weeks because I keep waking up coughing.

At least since my test was negative I was able to get some friends over to my house today to help me set up my new TV. I'm quite happy with it, the picture quality is much better than my previous TV, and it works significantly better with my PS5 (my old TV had an issue with the PS5 where it would flicker during loading, which was particularly bad in some games where transitioning between menus requires a load, so using any menus caused tons of flickering).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My sister arranged a pot luck and long story short, I got left out of the loop and brought the same sort of thing that my cousin did (Veggie charcuterie). Then her daughter ate all the center out of the brie and luckily I'd brought a 2nd. Reminded me of that South Park episode where Cartman eats all of the skin off an entire bucket of KFC while tricking his friends into helping bring in groceries while he leaves them high and dry. Not polite to glare at your cousin's kid so, I didn't.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
YouTube adverts that are like 'Stop making this one mistake' and the video is 90 minutes long.
Thank God for adblock plus. Granted, you can't do this on a console without some serious modifications. It still doesn't stop 🛑 the abundance of advertisements on a single video. God help you, if the video is 30 minutes or an hour+ long.

Reactions: Baffle

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I realized today I really do not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents. Sure, it's like an hour every year but I feel like my wrapping looks like crap and just feels annoying to do. Why do I do it? It's expected to wrap gifts up in pretty paper that's just gonna get torn off after looking at it for like 2 minutes at best, thus wasting perfectly good paper.

Just to be clear, this isn't about giving gifts, this is what feels like the pointless task of wrapping them for a very brief moment after which nobody is gonna care what the paper looked like.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I realized today I really do not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents. Sure, it's like an hour every year but I feel like my wrapping looks like crap and just feels annoying to do. Why do I do it? It's expected to wrap gifts up in pretty paper that's just gonna get torn off after looking at it for like 2 minutes at best, thus wasting perfectly good paper.

Just to be clear, this isn't about giving gifts, this is what feels like the pointless task of wrapping them for a very brief moment after which nobody is gonna care what the paper looked like.
Buy cheap paper and use the parts without tape on them for mulch. Or lining a bird cage.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Only the Xmas fanatics in my fam bother with wrapping paper, everyone else just gets bags with their presents inside.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Amen, brother. I hate most things Christmas, and wrapping gifts is easily in my top 3 of those things. It's been made even more superfluous since COVID when everyone's been using Amazon. I've not "been" Christmas shopping in years; if you see me in a mall at any time between the months of November and December, call the police; it's a hostage situation. No, all of my gifts show up on my patio already in boxes or bags; it takes every ounce of my will to take them out of those and wrap them in the pretty shit that gets shredded anyway. Were it up to me, Santa traditions would be replaced by Amazon traditions, and imagery of colorful gifts under a tree would be replaced with bland, brown boxes and white bags with shipping labels crudely torn/scratched off.

My sister, on the other side of the spectrum, LOVES wrapping gifts. Like, genuinely enjoys it, wants to do it. From my youth to early adulthood, I would do my shopping, and drop everything off to her to wrap for me. That's probably why I can't wrap for shit to this day because she'd done it for me most of my life. She puts on Christmas music, comfy clothes, makes a pot of coffee and will wrap for hours. She says it's comforting; I say it's sickening.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My drink bottle is exactly the right height when in my car cupholder to hit my funny bone when I change gear.
How aggressively are you shifting?? I know it smarts when you hit it just right, but the funny bone is pretty deep in there. Maybe don't drive angry?

Reactions: Baffle

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
How aggressively are you shifting?? I know it smarts when you hit it just right, but the funny bone is pretty deep in there. Maybe don't drive angry?
I have some sort of tight nerve issue in the elbow, cubital tunnel or something, so it gets inflammed and sensitive really easily. I should just buy a different bottle.