Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I keep finding bugs in my room and its on the second floor.

I've found an ant on bed once and now I just had a beetle on my arm. I tried to take it off of me but it followed me to the bathroom so I heard a jet airplane hovering overhead. It somehow landed on me so I ended up just literally throwing it outside. I was just so scared by it. ;~;

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ugh, friggin wasps in my case. I try my damnedest to catch bees and such, release them back outside safe and sound, but wasps (and mosquitos) need to fucking die.

Also got a spider living in the driver side rear view mirror of my car. But that's ok, it's my bro. Always feel kind of bad for it when its web inevitably gets shredded when I drive. Maybe I should catch some of those little fuckstick wasps alive and put them in its web as compensation.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
I am wondering whether it was a good idea to go back to work right after finishing my military service.

On the one hand, after a year with no pay (well okay, the greek army pays 4 euro a month, but that's literally nothing) I very much need the cash.

On the other, I am much easier to get irritated, and when you have to work with sycophants and suck-ups that think the only way to advance is through sabotaging the rest of your co-workers, and after a month and a half of such trite bullshit, I'm finding it much harder let it go and just go about my business.

I need a break from this year.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I am wondering whether it was a good idea to go back to work right after finishing my military service.

On the one hand, after a year with no pay (well okay, the greek army pays 4 euro a month, but that's literally nothing) I very much need the cash.

On the other, I am much easier to get irritated, and when you have to work with sycophants and suck-ups that think the only way to advance is through sabotaging the rest of your co-workers, and after a month and a half of such trite bullshit, I'm finding it much harder let it go and just go about my business.

I'm gonna use this as a spring board to complain about my job, I like it well enough, but God is it obnoxious a lot of the time. So, out of a 14 day work period, I have to work 11, with me having shifts on alternate Saturdays (I'm really lucky that my Saturday shift this time coincided with labor day so I still get a 2 day weekend this week). What's weird is that Saturdays also tend to be some of our slowest days in terms of work, with few service appointments set up, not many walk-in customers, and so it is mainly used as a sort of catch-up day to get work done.

The problem is is that I'm more the straight maintenence guy in the shop (oil changes, fluid services, and such, but I am also rather proficient in electrical repair work too) and so tend to get my work turned around extremely quick (I once had a paycheck period where I managed to flag a little over 70 total hours of work, and with most of that being oil changes that only flag about an hour or so of time each). So, to cut a long story short (I find I tend to try and over explain things when I talk, both here and in reality), fuck my shithead coworkers, I did literally half of all the service appointments we had scheduled out of 3 techs (me and dumb and dumber), and the oil change of one of my other coworkers (he works in the detail department) pickup truck, and then they cut out of work literally the second they can and leave me to stick behind for another hour and a half and close up the shop, again after having done it last Saturday I worked (it was my turn), and they make a habit out of this too, so it turns into this stressful game where I'm trying to rush through my work to try and beat these guys out the door just so I don't get caught out.

TL;DR My job kinda sucks and most of my coworkers are shitheels.

Reactions: SupahEwok and Kae

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I used to put water with teabags in a plastic bottle out in the scorching sun and make tea that way.
The area I was in got 107+ in the summer regularly.

If I were you, I'd wait corona out and then look for work in France/Germany.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
If I were you, I'd wait corona out and then look for work in France/Germany.
Unfortunately, it ain't that simple. I am taking care of my grandmother, who at this point only has her grandchildren to really give her much of a reason to live. That, and I am generally the "rock" of the family. Anyone got issues, I am there to listen and offer advice. With how things are in general, I wouldn't feel at rest being too far away from my family.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Unfortunately, it ain't that simple. I am taking care of my grandmother, who at this point only has her grandchildren to really give her much of a reason to live. That, and I am generally the "rock" of the family. Anyone got issues, I am there to listen and offer advice. With how things are in general, I wouldn't feel at rest being too far away from my family.
I have the same problem. Since my Dad died, I am the one who looks after my Mom. She is the main reason I have not moved out of this area where I am constantly surrounded by rabid Trump supporters. I too am the family " rock". Everyone comes to my house for the holidays, I have taken in my sisters and their kids when they had no place to go. My family expects me to be the one to fix everything and have the answers and I would feel guilty leaving them and running off to paradise or something without them instead... Though I have dreamed about doing so after my mom passes, a girl can dream though. I don't know if I actually would do so though when it happens.

Reactions: gorfias

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands

I've found an ant on bed once and now I just had a beetle on my arm. I tried to take it off of me but it followed me to the bathroom so I heard a jet airplane hovering overhead. It somehow landed on me so I ended up just literally throwing it outside. I was just so scared by it. ;~;
Bugs suck, big time, I hate squashing them I can feel their little exoskeleton crumbling beneath the heel of my shoe and all the goop spilling out, it's super gross or alternatively I get to spray them and stink up the whole room with that, so there's no like win scenario with them.

OT: It sucks when you want to eat outside but you're disposable income budget has run out so you have to settle for your own very crappy and underwhelming cooking.
That pasta was absolutely terrible, but it seems like I'll be eating that tomorrow too.

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Bugs suck, big time, I hate squashing them I can feel their little exoskeleton crumbling beneath the heel of my shoe and all the goop spilling out, it's super gross or alternatively I get to spray them and stink up the whole room with that, so there's no like win scenario with them.
Bugs suck, but scorpions take on a whole new level of awful. Found another one sitting in my bathtub the previous week, and I got my shoe to kill it (would have been my hammer but I'm not taking the chance of breaking the tub), but the front of the shoe is up at a slant by a few degrees, so the first couple of strikes completely unfazed it as it slowly started to turn towards me in between impotent strikes before I finally started to hit it. I don't know how our Aussie users cope, I just have scorpions and black widows to deal with and it sucks.

More Auto technician complaints: it's fine if you want to stay and wait for your car to get an oil change and other quick repairs and such, but if it's going to be a more involved repair I would recommend either getting a lift home or checking out the local businesses. However, if you are going to stay, can you please not come and bother the service advisor* with questions of why it's taking so long? The amount of times this happens after the customer (usually old people) is explicitly told by said service advisor is annoyingly high, because not only does this piss them off, it pisses us techs off because then they have to come and ask the absolutely dumb question of what's taking so long. Bonus points if the customer complains before hitting the time estimate given by the advisor in the first place.

*These are the people that you deal with when you take your car into a shop for repairs; they're the people behind the counters.

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
...What are you even killing? D: I'd honestly be too scared to squish some of the bigger ones because they look neigh unsquishable and dangerous anyways. I don't like the feel of squishing them myself. If I see a tarantula or a scorpion though that's a big nope nope nope from me and it can keep the room which is a thank god I don't live anywhere near places that have them.

Bugs suck, but scorpions take on a whole new level of awful. Found another one sitting in my bathtub the previous week, and I got my shoe to kill it (would have been my hammer but I'm not taking the chance of breaking the tub), but the front of the shoe is up at a slant by a few degrees, so the first couple of strikes completely unfazed it as it slowly started to turn towards me in between impotent strikes before I finally started to hit it. I don't know how our Aussie users cope, I just have scorpions and black widows to deal with and it sucks.
Holy shit dood that's insane. Its like a boss battle but its a survival horror where you have little options to deal with it. Man does that blow though especially since they can sting too. Granted scorpions' venom aren't fatal to humans but black widows are a different story so yeah you do got it rough. Freakin' arthropods am I right? Good luck out there.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
When you’re killing something like that, hold the boot - not a shoe, a boot - by the toe and strike with the heel. It’s heavier and doesn’t taper.

As for me, I wanna ***** about these cryptocurrency mining arseholes who are - somehow - buying up nVidia’s new 30XX series GPUs in bulk and leaving sod all for those of us who wish to buy them and use them as intended.

Fuck you, you fake currency floating grifters.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I have to isolate, because of a new & persistent cough lasting over 24 hours. What I'm meant to do is isolate, order a test, and if it comes back negative I can go out again.

So I went on the Gov website to get a test, answered about 20 questions, and it says there are no test sites nearby. And if you then press "continue", it says you cannot continue until you select a test site. But... there's nothing to fucking select.

And I can't order a home test kit because they're out. A flatmate checked a nearby private pharmacy, and they're also out.

This system is "world-beating", the PM informs me.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I have to isolate, because of a new & persistent cough lasting over 24 hours. What I'm meant to do is isolate, order a test, and if it comes back negative I can go out again.

So I went on the Gov website to get a test, answered about 20 questions, and it says there are no test sites nearby. And if you then press "continue", it says you cannot continue until you select a test site. But... there's nothing to fucking select.

And I can't order a home test kit because they're out. A flatmate checked a nearby private pharmacy, and they're also out.

Yea, this has been a common complaint here in the states as well. Even worse, they were denying healthcare workers tests all together for the longest time and so many died here due to being refused even though they were one of the highest risk groups being infected there is.

Last edited:

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I'm fatter than I want to be. And very lazy.

Also, my body is falling apart like the towers in Leonardo di Caprio's mind in Inception, but with less obvious drama (but time moves quicker there, so it's at about the same speed). No, wait, time moves slower there. Well, everything's shit anyway.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Jesus Christ. I just drove to the hospital, got test in 20mins and got results by that night. My state isn’t being overwhelmed ATM but we do take a bunch of tests from another state that isn’t doing to well.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
So I can't tell the full story because it involves politics to some extent, but apparently I'm becoming a crazy person that approaches random people to tell them about how we are all doomed!
I don't know how this has happened, I'm normally too shy to say a word to a stranger yet today I felt a need to announce to everyone on the street that we're all doomed and why I think that is and why they are all wrong.

So basically give it a few days and I'll be this:

AND I'M BLAMING THIS ON YOU GUYS!!!
How could you do this to me?
That's good. People need to know that The Gloaming is upon us! Keep up the good work.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Ugh, friggin wasps in my case. I try my damnedest to catch bees and such, release them back outside safe and sound, but wasps (and mosquitos) need to fucking die.

Also got a spider living in the driver side rear view mirror of my car. But that's ok, it's my bro. Always feel kind of bad for it when its web inevitably gets shredded when I drive. Maybe I should catch some of those little fuckstick wasps alive and put them in its web as compensation.
I had wasps living in my side mirror one summer. They eventually all got lost, though.