Closest you've gotten to accidently killing your self

Hexadecimal

Apr 16, 2009
Once, when I was about six, I was in the shallow section of the pool. Now, in my experience, pools gradually become deep as the floor slopes downwards, so I walked towards the deep end thinking that when it's too deep for me I could stop.

At first nothing happened, then I fell into the deep end. Turns out that the shallow end's floor was just a high platform so I was basically in the deepest part of the pool, which incidentally was too deep for me. I started drowning.

Then my dad yanked me out. He told me to stay in the shallow end. I listened.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
I have on multiple occassions put a metal fork in a toaster to get the piece of bread out, I think I'm just lucky that I haven't been electrocuted yet :p

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
i nearly dropped 400 bottles of orange juice on my head from a height of 7 metres at work. tell you about adrenalin. That damn fork lift acts like a stubborn mule some times.

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
On the weekend I was using a chainsaw to cut down a tree. When I was cutting one of the bits the chainsaw jerked and kicked back, it was a couple of cm away from my face (It cut off some of my hair when it happened).

There was also the time I tried to build my own zipline when I was about 10. I don't remember exactly how but I nearly hung myself luckily enough my friend was smart enough to cut the rope.

Last year I decided to make Acetone Peroxide to see how good an explosive it was. We made it set up the explosive inside a clay pot to see if it would blow it up, after 10 minutes of nothing happening I decided to investigate and when I was right next to it, it decided to explode firing parts of the pot everywhere especially at me.

Then there was the time I tried to build a Tesla Coil...

xbrandon

Jun 6, 2010
Hmmmmm...
I almost choked to death on a sasauge once, my sister once chuck scissors at me but luckily it missed. I hated my sister since then.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Once i were about to cross the street so this car stopped, but just as i were like one step from the sidewalk some fucker on a motorbike decided to drive around the car REALLY REALLY fast and almost hitting me. It got so close i could feel it.

Reliq

Nov 25, 2009
Darzen said:
Closest i've gotten was 2 days ago.
i had my headphones while i was playing DDO and i got bored waiting for it to load.so i decided to spin around in my chair and the headphone cord wrapped around my neck very tightly and i couldn't breath.i panicked and it didn't occur to me to spinn the opposite way.luckily it did occur to me after a couple seconds and i was able to unwrapp the cord from around my neck.
Well, this is gonna be a lot i suppose.

1. Fell out of a tree(big one) and smashed head first into a rock, out cold for 15 min.
2. Messed up a dirtbike jump and landed with the bike ontop of me(severe pain that).
3. Got hit by a car when riding a bike, did actually do a roll right over the car.
4. Crashed a car into a tree while in the air, then the car hit the ground.
5. Friend hit me with his car when i was rollerblading alongside it.
6. Downhill ride, messed up and faceplanted a rock.

I am sure im forgetting some but thoses are the most painful ones. The grand finale though, I was actually clinically dead for a little while. Stopped breathing and everything. 90 proof moonshine is a bad idea anyday. Esp. when your young and not so informed on the whole "booze can kill you if you down it like water" bit.

Some "sort of" funny parts about a few of the previous events.

1. When i came to i walked back to class (was just a short break between lessons) when i entered the classroom i said immidiately that i was sorry for being late. The entire classroom started screaming. I was a bit dazed still and had not noticed i was covered in blood.

3. Whe i was loaded into the ambulance a friend of mine who was watching said it was the first time in her life she had considered me beautiful. Not sure what she meant by that :p

5. At first my friend was scared to death that he had hit me, later on he was pissed i had made a dent in his hood o_O

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
You know Stan Lee's cameo in Dare Devil? How he was crossing the street while reading a newspaper. Same thing only my foot just hit against the side of the bus causing me to spin on my grounded foot. Must of looked like Mr. Bean but I felt such a rush, I know I'm lucky to be alive.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I don't know, maybe when I pulled the front brake of my bike going down a hill and chipped three teeth as well as breaking my nose. That's about it.

BeautyandStupid

Jul 20, 2010
Probably when i was very young, about 8 years old, i strayed to the "deep end" of a swimming pool, needless to say i nearly drown.
However, recently, as in, 5 minutes ago, while not exactly a near death experience, leaning back on my chair with spinning wheels, for the chair to lean backwards, spin me round, and have me land face first on the floor, didn't nearly die but fuck that hurt.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
The two most relevant times that I can remember are these:

1. A couple months ago I nearly dropped a 50 lb. dumbbell on my head from a height of about 3-5 feet. Why my school's gym has dumbbells on a shelf above your head; I don't know.

2. When I was either six or eight years old I almost drowned in a river rapid. Shit was scary.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
ehhh I was walking down the street and a ran across there was a car that was speeding it went so fast that the money in my hoodie pockets fell on to the floor

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I've never had anything that bad happen to me, I was riding in a car with my friend who was slowly inching out on to the street, but I happened to notice a rather large mac track coming probably missed us by about a foot.

This topic made me think of this old video

I love that you can hear the round coming back.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I almost dropped a box full of pool balls on my own head. I was getting it down from a high shelf and it fell down missing my head by around an inch, I'm pretty sure it would've at least brain damaged me if not killing me. And if neither of those, it would've hurt. Alot.

It was like a QTE in real life. Thank god I didn't think it was just a normal cutscene. XD

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Well I have never broken a bone or been stung by a bee or freactured anything or done anything remotely harmful to my body in any way. I have also never done any extreme sports and havn't been out of the country I live in for 8 years excluding school Bridge tornaments which we own everyone at.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
My existence.!

And I guess the time I was quad biking in Egypt, a person over took me so I thought "Ohh no you don't!" and sped up to try get back in front and the right wheel hit a bump which caused the bike to jump and flip, I decided to let go and landed and the bike narrowly missed me!