"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Apr 28, 2008
Can this "perfect girlfriend" materialize into reality so we can live happily ever after? No? Well, then its not too great, now is it?

Why don't you just imagine the perfect woman, and talk out loud to yourself/her. Its basically the same thing. More or less.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Really? There are enough hopelessly anti-social people out there that services are being offered for fictional girlfriends? You might as well save yourself the hassle and buy a blow-up doll if you're that desperate.

Also, "Cloud Girlfriend?" Good Lord, as if Final Fantasy fanfics weren't disturbing enough...

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
This is one of those things where everyone says "oh man this is totally crap, why would you want to do that?!", but then has a secret desire to do so... XD

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
I already saw this yesterday on The Young Turks.

I find it hilarious, but to be honest, there are more insane thing over in Japan. Hell, given two weeks, they could probably make robotic Cloud Girlfriends!

Oh wait...

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I can't think of one plus to being in a virtual relationship with a computer. Hell, I can't even think of a good thing a regular virtual relationship does. Relationships need to happen the old-fashioned way. With real people.

And besides, can your fake gf give you a blo- never mind.

Whimsi

Sep 3, 2004
Wow. Nice to know people are catering to the cliché nerd demographic in the world today.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
OK while I can get that some people can make up a girlfriend or have crush for a made up character but the fact that they let the guy create the "perfect" girlfriend is realy sad.
Even if a guy did sign up to it, would he really fall for a program which is compose of codes or do they expect the guy to lose himself to it?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
feauxx said:
this is very sad.

or pretty ffing hilarious :p
i'd sign up for the beta if they allow girls/gays.
I thought for a second, "Oh, hey the escapist changes that initial title to paper girl if you set your thing to female...." too bad, I clicked on your profile to find your in Publisher's Club... ah well.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
This will be hilarious when the cloud girlfriend provides completely nonsensical answers to questions.

Can you imagine having Cleverbot as your facebook girlfriend?

lol

=HCFS=Discoman

Jan 1, 2010
depending on the price they charge (like this would be free, ha!), i forsee the creator becoming a very rich man indeed.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
Snowalker said:
feauxx said:
this is very sad.

or pretty ffing hilarious :p
i'd sign up for the beta if they allow girls/gays.
I thought for a second, "Oh, hey the escapist changes that initial title to paper girl if you set your thing to female...." too bad, I clicked on your profile to find your in Publisher's Club... ah well.
yeah it's a men's world/boys club ;)