"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
feauxx said:
Snowalker said:
feauxx said:
this is very sad.

or pretty ffing hilarious :p
i'd sign up for the beta if they allow girls/gays.
I thought for a second, "Oh, hey the escapist changes that initial title to paper girl if you set your thing to female...." too bad, I clicked on your profile to find your in Publisher's Club... ah well.
yeah it's a men's world/boys club ;)
I think you should take some initiative, and make the Escapist do that, I'd get behind you on it, I'm sure others would aswell.

Jan 27, 2011
This is the saddest thing I have seen all day.

I mean...Come on, really? REALLY? Whoever signs up for this is a sad sorry panda indeed.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Gxas said:
I... Would totally watch that... Now, does it end with the programmer being female? Or is the twist (if you can call that a twist) that the guy falls in love with another guy?
I kinda wonder that while I posted it, cause I was going to put that the programmer also turned out to be female... But, I thought that the programmer being male could be a good movie aswell, showing that men can fall for personality and not body aswell.... I don't know... as much positive feedback as this premise has gotten, I'm kinda thinking about writing a script, ah well, it'll probably never go anywhere.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
This site showed up after Peter Coffin's legendary fake girlfriend fail was discovered by Xiaxue. He's a semi-popular youtuber, with some parody videos hitting a few million views and with over 200k subscribers.

Long story short, Peter Coffin had a fake girlfriend for 8 months that he may or may not have created (he claims he didn't know she was fake, despite damning evidence)

After he pissed off Xiaxue, she went Nancy Drew on him and eventually found out that the photos from his "japanese girlfriend" were actually from a korean girl, and a twitter follower found her on a ulzzang website.

Xiaxue is a girl from Singapore that has uses plastic surgery and heavy makeup to make herself look like Paris Hilton and documents everything on her blog, that's where her following comes from.

http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2011/03/peter-coffin-is-loser.html

Second development:

http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2011/03/peter-coffin-is-his-own-legal-team.html
-
-
-

The site was probably a result of someone finding an opportunity from it ^^

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
Snowalker said:
I see this becoming a Hollywood movie, dude become so self consumed with this fake girl, he perceives her as real. Then the hard reality hits him... but then at the end, the programmer of the girl turns out to be holding the conversations with him instead of letting the program take over, they live happily ever after...
Yeah, i could see that as a psychological horror.

Protomega

Feb 4, 2011
Snowalker said:
I see this becoming a Hollywood movie, dude become so self consumed with this fake girl, he perceives her as real. Then the hard reality hits him... but then at the end, the programmer of the girl turns out to be holding the conversations with him instead of letting the program take over, they live happily ever after...
I call dibs on the idea!

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
The thing is...I don't even understand how they would make this work...

Sounds implausible to maintain the illusion, especially if news spreads around.

Also, doesn't this also have to assume you have like...no friends? All it takes is one buddy to ask before the cats out of the bag.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
As much as I am a loser and complete failure with girls even I wouldn't be caught dead using this "Girlfriend" ever. Who the hell would actually use this "service"?

I think President Baltar sums up my reaction to this:

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Snowalker said:
more or less been done already. Look up "Pixel Perfect" Awful film but it fits the description.

honestly though i am relieved that this is all it is, i mean after loveplus this was kinda an obvious step, when i first saw the name i had a horrid sinking feeling it was a FF7 dating sim.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
The only sentence that I could possibly use to describe this... thing is "What is this I don't even."

It's mind-boggling how people could think that this is a good idea.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Sion_Barzahd said:
more or less been done already. Look up "Pixel Perfect" Awful film but it fits the description.

No, that one the computer falls in love with her creator, and eventually takes control of his girlfriend. Also, theres a whole side story about her being a pop artist, and stuff. Seen the movie.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That is the most pathetic web based thing I've ever seen.... Honestly, that's a terrible idea.
I've shit luck with girls too, but at least I've got the brain to realise I'll eventually get lucky/the dosage right/ get up off my ass and do something about it.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
Snowalker said:
feauxx said:
Snowalker said:
feauxx said:
this is very sad.

or pretty ffing hilarious :p
i'd sign up for the beta if they allow girls/gays.
I thought for a second, "Oh, hey the escapist changes that initial title to paper girl if you set your thing to female...." too bad, I clicked on your profile to find your in Publisher's Club... ah well.
yeah it's a men's world/boys club ;)
I think you should take some initiative, and make the Escapist do that, I'd get behind you on it, I'm sure others would aswell.
good idea :) i have sent a message.