College Student Kills Intruder With a Sword

Mully69ylluM

Jun 6, 2009
ThePeaceFrog said:
Im sorry, but however hard you may argue otherwise, the taking of another mans life cannot be justified, the English system works perfectly well. The sad fact of the matter is that if people were too sure of their right to defend themself in their own home than opportunistic acts of 'self-defence' would sky-rocket. Also at the same time, as hard as it maybe for some of you to realize, even those who break the law have rights and if we forget this than we are just as guilty.
The british legal system works well? Are you fucking kidding me? Where is the justice in some gang of chav's battering a World War 2 veteran to death and getting 2 years each for it. Whereas someone beats a paedophile to death and they get life? How can you say it works well? Its bollocks!

On topic though, I'm glad this guy got hacked up. Little shitbag.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
A Christopher Titus take on the incident:

Tryin' to rob mah house!?

... Well, not gonna do that again, are ya?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Swords and blades are very good for close quarters fighting like in a home, it simply depends on the situation. Sure, I'd rather have a gun, but what happened here doesn't surprise me terribly under the circumstances.

Also seems like a very reasonable case of fighting off a home invasion, the guy shouldn't get in any trouble for it.

raxer92

Aug 3, 2009
Crap i better arm myself then if they say that a sword is the best defense against an intruder o_o, what do you forum people suggest when it comes to something like this o.o?

ThePeaceFrog

Oct 18, 2008
Mully69ylluM said:
ThePeaceFrog said:
Im sorry, but however hard you may argue otherwise, the taking of another mans life cannot be justified, the English system works perfectly well. The sad fact of the matter is that if people were too sure of their right to defend themself in their own home than opportunistic acts of 'self-defence' would sky-rocket. Also at the same time, as hard as it maybe for some of you to realize, even those who break the law have rights and if we forget this than we are just as guilty.
The british legal system works well? Are you fucking kidding me? Where is the justice in some gang of chav's battering a World War 2 veteran to death and getting 2 years each for it. Whereas someone beats a paedophile to death and they get life? How can you say it works well? Its bollocks!

On topic though, I'm glad this guy got hacked up. Little shitbag.

Although I cannot comment on certain cases with the sparse information you have so kindly provided, your decision to fall back to the good old Daily Mail stalwarts of killer chav's and societies need to murder paedophiles shows I shouldn't even bother.
The British Legal system works as well as it possibly can with the resources it is provided. To look broadly at the cases you provide, of a gang of youths randomly attacking an old man and a paedophile (suspected or otherwise) being singled out with the sole intent of killing him, distinctions are obvious.
Whereas the killing of the veteran was probably the result of a spur of the moment decision, the killing of the paedophile was a premeditated and cold-blooded attack, with planning obviously going into it. Premeditated murder always rates higher than murder/manslaughter and vigilantism is a crime in itself. The chavs were most likely minors and could plead 'diminished responsibilty' for their actions.
But before you again cry that 'Paedophiles deserve to die'(I like my rhymes :D)
Remember the case of another recent murder of a(suspected) paedophile by a member of the public, a man who could not distinguish between an individual who brutally assaults children and a Paediatrician because, in his own words 'they both touch kids.'

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Ughhhh, sooo many people are going to buy swords after reading this.

Also, i didnt realise how many people actualy have swords in theeir home.

ITT: Good on the guy for self defence, bad that the person died, but good on for self defence. I must say though, how many of you people wouldnt have done the exact same thing, that you know there is a robber about your area, you have a sword nearby, and you go to investigate. I Know i would have done it

EDIT:
Albert_Wesker657 said:
well he certainly "cut" the Intruder down a notch.../lame pun
God Damn i hate you, but you are also my Hero.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Hang on a sec...a CHEMISTRY MAJOR???

KILLING SOMEONE???

By chance, did he look anything like this?

Hahaha. have a cookie, celebrate your epic win

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Bretty said:
Guy should get a bloody medal.In Saudi they would have cut off his hand. I guess this kid tried it to, but got bored and went for the chest.
Thing is doesn't that stand to reason that he must've swung at least twice at the burgler? I mean, one attack would be justified, but two swings may imply the student went to far.

Still, congratulations to him for sticking up for himself. If this happened in England though you could bet your arse the student would be locked up for 10 years.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Terramax said:
Bretty said:
Guy should get a bloody medal.In Saudi they would have cut off his hand. I guess this kid tried it to, but got bored and went for the chest.
Thing is doesn't that stand to reason that he must've swung at least twice at the burgler? I mean, one attack would be justified, but two swings may imply the student went to far.
Adrenaline works both ways. What happens if the burglar blanked out the pain in his hand and kept coming? Or if when the burglar fell forwards in the pain it looked like a lunge?

Without being there (or with video of the incident) it's almost impossible to decide whether his second slash was justified or not.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
Amnestic said:
Terramax said:
Bretty said:
Adrenaline works both ways. What happens if the burglar blanked out the pain in his hand and kept coming? Or if when the burglar fell forwards in the pain it looked like a lunge?

Without being there (or with video of the incident) it's almost impossible to decide whether his second slash was justified or not.
And all things being equal, the benefit of the doubt should go to the kid who was defending himself and not the attacker who was up to no good IMO.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
kawligia said:
Amnestic said:
Terramax said:
Bretty said:

And all things being equal, the benefit of the doubt should go to the kid who was defending himself and not the attacker who was up to no good IMO.
I agree, but having a major apendage seperated from ones body is a major trauma, a lot of blood and a huge amount of pain. Where I agree the kid defended himself I also think the fact he went through the guys chest again was not good.

But like you said, benefit of the doubt MUST be on the victim of the original crime, or the justice system will never work.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Archon said:
This is shocking.

I, for one, think we need to begin to look at sword control. If this college student didn't have access to a dangerous bladed weapon, a man would not have died yesterday. And what if the intruder had a sword? Then there conflict would have escalated into a swordfight! Who knows who might have gotten hurt - including innocents.

And let's not the forget the children. Sword violence is a childhood pandemic: Just yesterday I saw two kids in my neighborhood training for the sort of gruesome violence that occurred on this college campus. Entire industries are devoted to creating swords and sword simulators for children. Meanwhile, violent "fighting" games teach our children that these sorts of tools, which were designed for WARRIORS, are for fun.

Meanwhile, in the United Kingdom, street gangs are already using swords to engage in acts of terror, assault, and robbery. We don't want that to happen in America.

It's important that we act now, before another child dies to a sword. That's why I hope you'll support HR-42.666.69, the Sword And Blade Elimination/Reduction (SABER) Act. It begins by comprehensively banning all "assault swords" with blades that are obviously based on military designs, and institutes instant background checks on any citizen who attempts to purchase a sword or blade.
dear god, dont go stearing the bee hive man! dont give them all this ideas!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
hcig said:
"why did it have to be a nerd?"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats the funniest post i´ve ever seing haha, i can see the man thinking "DAMN YOU OTAKU!!!!"

hahahahahahaha

but does anyone else thinks this could have being more news if the burglar had found a weapon and they fenced for a while??

knight of zendikar

Sep 21, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
And they all laughed at me when I sharpened my life size Master Sword HA! this proves its a viable way to protect my home; burglars and miscreants beware, my house has a +12 defense bonus.
That was great. Lmao

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Starke said:
I remember a cop once explaining that the best weapon to defend yourself with in most homes is a longsword. Handguns over penetrate, and during an adrenaline rush it's very easy to miss with a handgun. Shotguns have the over penetration problem as well, and aren't very effective in closed quarters if you're not very proficient. Knife fighting is a very VERY dangerous thing to do. But a sword gives you plenty of reach, and the risk of the other guy carrying one to pull on you is very slim.
I would rather use what I've found useful in the past. Mossburg 500. I had 3 break ins in my house and the last 2 were solved with a gun. The first one the guy jumped through a window.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Spudgun Man said:
Ye gods, I knew everything was legal somewhere but I really didn't expect it to be legal to run someone through with a blade.

Looks like its time to invest in a sword and move to Maryland.
It is if they break into your house thats an implied/immediate threat.

I just trained a gun on the guy who broke into my house and told him to sit on the floor and get comfortable while the cops showed up.