Competitive Gamer Arrested For Hitting Ex-Girlfriend

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well, seeing as he thought the relationship was ongoing...I'm with him, screw that other guy.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
She is a liar and a coward for not telling him and leaving it up for him to discover them in the act. Seriously, that's low. Maybe if she was not so cowardly he would not of been so shocked and did what he did?

A guy having sex with someone elses girlfriend should totally see a beating coming.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
It's kinda crass, but no one is going to make the joke that a fighting videogame taught him how to hit people, and that thee violence of the game made him violent? <.<

Or did I miss it?

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
Father Time said:
TekMoney said:
The7Sins said:
Seeing as she was cheating on him I have 0 sympathy for her. Honestly she deserved much much worse like a bullet to the head. The dude she was fucking if he knew she was in a relationship also needs to be shot. If he legitimately did not then a beating from the offended party as he received is wrong but understandable.
You're a well adjusted human being.

Also, note the "Ex-Girlfriend" part of the title.
Now she's an ex, they were seeing each other when the incident happened.
Nonetheless, I think most well adjusted human beings can probably agree that cheating isn't a misdeed which merits getting shot in the head.

People who walk really slowly in front of me and block the whole pavement though...THAT'S the kind of offence where heads need to start rolling.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks for reinforcing my stereotypical view of competitive gamers.

[/troll]

Seriously though, people like this guy need court-mandated mental treatment.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
faefrost said:
Before this story did any of us even know there was a competitive ranking for Marvel vs Capcom 3 players?
Even light delving into the gaming world one would know that. Really, it is common sense through simple observation. Such multiplayer games are by nature, competitive. Competitive things that are popular, like popular games, will have a competitive community scene, and in such communities there will be rankings.

Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and League of Legends(really most popular even some less popular RTS and MOBA games have competitive communities and leagues with teams and such). Even Pokemon has its championship events.

We live in a world where Major League Gaming has been a thing for several years.

Fighting games are one of the big gaming competition scenes with games in the Marvel VS. Capcom, and Street Fighter series.
The7Sins said:
Seeing as she was cheating on him I have 0 sympathy for her. Honestly she deserved much much worse like a bullet to the head. The dude she was fucking if he knew she was in a relationship also needs to be shot. If he legitimately did not then a beating from the offended party as he received is wrong but understandable.
Looking for the shock factor I see. You can't be for real. If so, then I'm thinking that if someone takes candy from a baby, that person needs to have his fingers ripped from his hands and his mouth stitched closed, am I right?

But back to the real and sane world, when someone cheats on us, we either:

A.) Ask them why they did it and civilly work it out with them, if possible to stay together.
B.) Break up with them and walk away because at that point they are not worth dealing with if they are going to cheat.

Nowhere in a sane mind does murder come into play, and that is fact.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Phrozenflame500 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Competitive Gamer Arrested For Hitting Ex-Girlfriend
Andy Chalk said:
High-ranking fighting gamer
Am I a horrible person that I find this funny?

Anyways, assault is assault. While it sucks that competitive gaming's reputation will take a hit, getting assholes in trouble makes it worthwhile.
I find it sad that the first thing I asked myself upon reading the article was, "How many combos did he get?"

Rather than, "Are the other two okay?"

Captcha: Weylan Yutani

...Too soon, Captcha. The sting of Colonial Marines is still too fresh.

faefrost said:
Me55enger said:
Hope they throw the book at him.

So this is the face of Esports, is it?
Before this story did any of us even know there was a competitive ranking for Marvel vs Capcom 3 players?
Of course, it's a given that almost any game that has competitive play in it has global rankings in some form.

Pokemon, for example, still holds annual tournaments for the top players with the best Pokemon.

Virtually any decent fighting game has them like Soul Calibur V or Street Fighter 4.

Etc.

Jubbert

Apr 3, 2010
Keep up those totally misleading article titles, escapist?

Seriously, how many article titles have we all seen that are completely inaccurate in describing any part of the content?

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Needs anger management? what bullshit. i would seriously be surprised if any man who found his gf with another guy didn't throw a few punches. i know i would. if you honestly think you wouldn't, than you must have never been in love.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
The7Sins said:
snipped for repulsivness
Yeah, not going to mince words here. While cheating and thievery are bad and deserving of punishment, to claim that cheaters and thieves should all be shot in the head is completely disgusting and, yes, evil.

You are a truly disturbing individual.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Legion said:
The sensationalist title does not make me happy as it feels misleading.
That's Andy Chalk's articles in a nutshell.

On the subject, what's with the double standards surrounding physical violence? The guy who gets punched several times gets a fraction of a sentence but the cheating girlfriend that got punched once is entirely focused on. This doesn't help dissolve the notion that game journalists are all white knights.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
The only thing this guy did wrong was allow 2 breathing human beings to exit his suite in anything less than 2 lumpy fluid filled body bags. There is no good or moral reason to ever allow people like these to continue living. Cheaters only go on to spread more misery and ruin more lives. Tired of people normalizing this kind of behavior. There is simply no excuse for it. There is no upside to the social contract to allowing cheating. We have way too many people on this planet anyway, and i cant think of a better criteria for weeding down our numbers a bit than seeing betrayers to an early grave.

And just so no one tries to accuse me of misogyny, i mean for this to be applied to both genders. A man cheating should also not live to see another day.

If you think i'm being too extreme then i challenge anyone to show one advantage to allowing cheaters to live? One net good to allowing this madness to continue that trumps all the harm done. How does allowing people to betray the most deeply held bonds of trust which are self-imposed of use to society?

If people want to break up, fine. If people want to get divorced, go ahead. People can do any of these things whenever they like. There is simply no excuse for cheating.

Vladimir Eremeyev

Sep 23, 2012
Ohhhh, another first-world problems.
Lemme grab my cutlets and pickled cucumbers, and you can begin saying "girl is always right".

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I don't pass judgement on people. I only say that violence isn't an option when it comes to cheating. That said, if the relationship is null, one should consider why one gets angry enough to resort to violence over something that is no longer a "thing".
From what I can tell, this guy is in need of some therapy at the least.
I understand the point of view, if one is in a relationship and one is not informed (going hyperbole here because I have not the whole story) and one catches the significant other cheating, its best to walk out, walk away and wash one's hands of the whole affair (no pun intended).
Rational thought is difficult when it comes to emotions, thats why I have a standing rule when I get angry at my wife to walk away. If I ever caught her cheating, I'd be pissed for sure but I'd also bow out with grace and later feel I came out on top (again no pun intended) because I took the higher course.
Not everyone is set up to handle that, and it takes years of work on oneself to be able to walk away. I still find myself in situations sometimes where I forget my standing rule and continue to be angry. It never leads anywhere good.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
The only justified bit of violence in this is the fact he supposedly hit her.

Striking a man for having sex with your girlfriend is unacceptable - he was not the one who was obligated to you in any way. All the violence should have been directed at his girlfriend.