Conan O'Brien Loses It Over Lara

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Conan O'Brien Loses It Over Lara

Chayotic events ensue when Conan meets Mr Pointy for the first, second and third time.

It's kind of endearing to see Conan recognize Lara Croft's body of work, as she tumbles from dizzy heights to the cold, hard ground once more. This time out Lara's adventure on Lawsuit Island does not end altogether as you'd hope - and certainly not as Conan "I'm so perving out" O'Brien probably hoped - but at least it ended decisively. Cue fisticuffs; Aaron Blair's paycheck had better be worth it, is my take on Lara-or-Laura's finale. That, or he needs lessons on when and how to duck.

If you care about that sort of thing, Conan gives Tomb Raider a wiggle-click-hands. Conan seems to have enjoyed this one, a lot more than some of his his previous outings [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118877-Conan-OBrien-Compares-Skyrim-to-Doing-My-Taxes], and he's even getting better at the gaming basics, jumping from ledge to ledge like a seasoned pro. He even manages to glide through the treetops with aplomb and, though Lara's top remained stubbornly in place, Conan's fondness for the character shows through right to the end.

"Lara - let's face it, her name is Laura," says Conan, "Is incredibly attractive, and this game makes you fall in love with her, and then lose her." To Mr Pointy, at least three times, as a matter of fact; but at least Conan seems to be getting into the spirit of things. Tomb Raider's out March 5th for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Source: Team Coco [http://teamcoco.com/]

Dec 14, 2009
No, her name is Lara.

You crazy Americans and your naming conventions.

It's Craig! Pronounced 'Crayg', not 'Creg'

[HEADING=1]RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE![/HEADING]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm not quite sure what I just read.

Watching the video would probably clear that right up, but Youtube's regional restrictions just told me to go fuck myself with a dry pineapple.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
lolololol Conan is hilarious

Does he make more of these? He should do one for all the games he plays

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
This might be the first time his stuff has made me laugh a little. Wait a minute, the new Tomb Raider is out already? I thought it was still a ways off. Since I haven't heard the internet as a whole go into Defcon 4 does this mean that it's an okay game?

I sure hope so because this is one of the games alongside Bioshock Infinite I was looking forward to.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Mr Pointy was a bit sharp, just because you're a game-over is no excuse for being a prick. I shouldn't need to point that out

Marik2 said:
lolololol Conan is hilarious

It's a series so you can probably find the others somewhere

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Marik2 said:
He did more than a couple now. This one he kind of liked, but most of them he has the attitude "I don't get this, this is stupid" and every so often saying something that is actually fair.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
VanQQisH said:
This might be the first time his stuff has made me laugh a little. Wait a minute, the new Tomb Raider is out already? I thought it was still a ways off. Since I haven't heard the internet as a whole go into Defcon 4 does this mean that it's an okay game?

I sure hope so because this is one of the games alongside Bioshock Infinite I was looking forward to.
It's actual got a pre-release and review copies which is an interesting positive sign, Susan Arendt has written a review on it and loved the heck out of it, other people felt it changed the formula too much, I'm pretty sure it's not in shops till march though

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
That was actually really funny. He got really into it and not just because of the pervy factor I think. But, damn, those developers have some cruel ideas to kill her off with.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
rhizhim said:
Zhukov said:
I'm not quite sure what I just read.

Watching the video would probably clear that right up, but Youtube's regional restrictions just told me to go fuck myself with a dry pineapple.
try this: unblockyoutube.co.uk/

and kind of funny how you all can see music videos but no show content
and we cant see anything with music in it but american show content over here.
thanks for that link. even in australia it was locked.
damn, this guys talks crap. coulndt finish this video. and why they have such problems with lara?? i dont get it.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
anian said:
Marik2 said:
He did more than a couple now. This one he kind of liked, but most of them he has the attitude "I don't get this, this is stupid" and every so often saying something that is actually fair.
I think he liked Hitman: Absolution as well but it was mainly because of the nuns in latex. As the series has gone on, Conan seems to be liking games more and more, or at least he's finding the right games to play.

Chris Batson

Mar 5, 2012
Conan, Andrew, and the audience basically had the same reaction as me when I saw that "spike through the head" death a couple of weeks ago. Almost TOO brutal for my tastes.

EDIT: Good journalistic professionalism on MY part :/ Apologies to AARON Blair.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Chris Batson said:
Conan, Andrew, and the audience basically had the same reaction as me when I saw that "spike through the head" death a couple of weeks ago. Almost TOO brutal for my tastes.
Yeah, I usually don't care at all about game violence, but that seemed unnecessary. Like, things in ultra-violent games like MadWorld, Manhunt, Postal, etc. aren't an issue for me, yet that made me uncomfortable. I really have to wonder who thought that was a good idea and why the rest of the dev team listened to them.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
lumenadducere said:
Chris Batson said:
Yeah, I usually don't care at all about game violence, but that seemed unnecessary. Like, things in ultra-violent games like MadWorld, Manhunt, Postal, etc. aren't an issue for me, yet that made me uncomfortable. I really have to wonder who thought that was a good idea and why the rest of the dev team listened to them.
Mr. let's have it look like Lara is about to get raped had a more violent but less rapey brother on the dev team?

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
oh my, that Chazzim was pure Chae-ous.

On a design note, that tree-branch through the neck was gruesomely unnecessary.