CONFESSION TIME (reveal your most unpopular tastes)

Co3x

Oct 11, 2010
The Arbiter of Cool said:
I actually liked 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.'
That's shame worthy? Then I should be living under a rock, I loved that show.

I also thought that the Dark Knight was a rather large let down

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Woodsey said:
OT: The only decent feature of RDR's story is the ending, and even then I don't think it's as big a thing as people say it is. Marston is also pretty poorly written in terms of his character, not dialogue. There are perhaps 3 missions in Mexico that actually do anything with the story, yet it's the biggest section of the game. How does this happen? Well, to artificially extend the game you're sent on increasingly menial missions by people who keep telling Marston they'll find the things out later, when they're actually raping women.

1) Marston would really be scaring the shit out of them until they tell him, and even though he gets angry every time they say it he simply folds and ignores it until he does the same thing next time.

2) He's portrayed as being highly respectful of women, yet he lets a bunch of them get raped by an arse hole who keeps wasting his time.

It's not a bad story: it's fairly well acted, some of the themes are explored quite well, etc. But there's not really much to it, it's hideously paced and Marston is conflictingly written.
Have you seen Spoony's vlog on Red Dead Redemption? He more or less had the same complaint (with a killer Mexican accent).

I agree with you a 100%. I didn't really feel like a bad-ass outlaw, being treated like an errand boy for necrophiliacs and scum sucking warlords.
Nope, can you link it? Googled it but didn't get it up.

The Rockerfly said:
PC gaming is a joke
I know this is the point of this thread, but this definitely calls for a "huh?".

Baskerville

Oct 14, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Baskerville said:
Susan Arendt said:
I preferred the original, honkingly huge, Xbox controller to the revised version.
Me too, brother.. Me too..

OT: I thought that Link was a girl for about 7 years.
Dude, did you seriously just call me "brother"? o_O
I apologize and hope this will not end up with me being found covered in blood in some gutter in east India.. It was the idea of someone else liking the big xbox control that made me go insane.

=)

thegrimfandango

May 26, 2010
I love watching people play them, I love the mythologies that have sprouted up around them and I enjoy analysing why they're scary, but I cannot play Silent Hill or any other scary game myself.

I have never played Half Life & I've barely touched Baldur's Gate 2, despite being a big western RPG fan.

There were parts in the Mass Effect games that had me tear up a little.

I play games on easy and feel no shame. I love games, and have been playing them for 15years+, but I'm not very skilled.

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
Ekonk said:
The Random Paradox said:
I prefer the first Mass Effect to the second.
High five.

OT: I just couldn't get into Deus Ex. :C
Double high five, I keep trying to get into it but just can't seem to.

shadyh8er said:
I rather liked the way Neon Genesis Evangelion ended.
I don't like how abruptly everything happens, but I thought that the ending was pretty good too.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
I preferred the original, honkingly huge, Xbox controller to the revised version.
I loved that behemtroller!

http://www.last.fm/user/Franchizz/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=artists

Click that link and glance through my music collection. This is only a portion (Disturbed would top 20k if I counted every single time I play them.) Now note the artists and I believe I have made my contribution.

A few others...

- I love JRPGs, albeit mostly the older ones. I completed one in particular twenty four times.
- I have logged over three thousand hours in Halo 2.
- I react violently whenever Unlimited SaGa is praised or even mentioned.
- I preferred Ash as a romance option in Mass Effect to all the others. Miranda and Jack have potential though. Tali is cute, yet not my favorite.
- I like Jacob in Mass Effect 2!
- I like, watched (twice), and own the DVDs of Dawson's Creek. (This one is going to cost me)

Timmons

Mar 23, 2010
AjimboB said:
I buy every Call of Duty game, and I thought the campaign of MW2 was awesome (though the story was total shit).
I'm the same! yeah the story may have been bad, but it was still awesome and intense.
I think Black ops is better than all the other ones.
I love a game (like CoD) where i get home and don't have to do any thinking. just killing. its very nice :)

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Woodsey said:
The Rockerfly said:
PC gaming is a joke
I know this is the point of this thread, but this definitely calls for a "huh?".
The price of upgrades
The difficulty of installing everything, making sure you have the right updates for your computer
Software up to date
Pirates everywhere
PC gaming controls don't work for a lot of games. FPS and rts yes they are fantastic but have you ever tried playing devil may cry or a good fast racing game
Pop in and play convenience almost doesn't exist for pc gamers except for flash games and maybe one or two exceptions
If anything is fun or action based it's dum in most of the eyes of the community
Uncertainness every time I buy a game if I can or can't run it wasting my money if I can't because maybe I can run it but the specs on the back or shit or the game is badly optimised and I can only run it on 5 frames per second

So you could put up with all them for a bit better graphics and slightly cheaper games or you could get a console. Easy choice for me

The Arbiter of Cool

Nov 6, 2010
Co3x said:
The Arbiter of Cool said:
I actually liked 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.'
That's shame worthy? Then I should be living under a rock, I loved that show.

I also thought that the Dark Knight was a rather large let down
Since a total of only twelve people watched that show, I figured it counted as unpopular.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I like just about every type of music there is, so I like pop music. Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Eminem, whatever. I like Pokemon. I loved playing Yoshi's Story.

Also, I like Glee.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I don't like Half Life 2. The story was good but I hated the execution of it and found the environments very dull and depressing

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Despite hearing praises for Super Mario Galaxy 2, I will never buy it since I just view it as the first game but with add on. I do own the first game but I can't really get into 3D platform since I can't be bother to finish the game.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
Bourne Endeavor said:
- I have logged over three thousand hours in Halo 2.
But... but...

How?

How do you spend that long on any game in existence?
It is an estimation, so I could be off. That being said, when you are fifteen, have finished high school and have nothing to do except play video games all day, you have a tendency to rank up frightening hours. Couple in my lack of sleep and yeah...

Ah the days when I did not know of the Internet nor dedicate much time to it once I popped around. Could not log those hours into games these days, even with all the free time. I need a break, xD

Byrn Stuff

Nov 16, 2009
I loved Pokemon Snap; I beat it one afternoon, but I could easily see myself going back trying to improve my scores/technique. It was a fun little rail-shooter with a recognizable overlay that stayed mostly true to the established info. You "shot" "monsters" that behaved according to the rules established in the canon.

My friends think this hilarious, and frequently use it as a means of undermining/invalidating any critical opinions I might have. ::shrug:: It was a good game.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
Phoenix09215 said:
I like Naruto. Yeah....
So do I. Or rather, I would if this fucking Konoha History filler arc would come to an end sometime this decade. It's a shame, the other filler arcs in Shippuden were good (as opposed to the original's filler arcs).
Oh god they're annoying. Not because they are fillers but because they aren't actually very good -.- Especially after such a good bit of storyline. I'm just going to go ahead and presume the filler will still be running through tonights episode as well? (I haven't actually bothered watching half of the episodes recently so I don't actually know).