Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
they're right. undermining confidence in "our democratic institutions" is objectively correct. it is utterly clear that those institutions do not deserve confidence.
" using a playbook we’ve seen other actors use over the years "

Various snarky comments about those "other actors" including some very close to home come to mind.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Hypocrite much? No matter what “side” someone’s on, it’s impossible to ignore at this point. All one has to do is ask what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

I'm not a doctor, but this particular allegation of torture just sounds like cleaning a wound and applying anesthesia-- traumatic as that may (probably will) still be for the patient!

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Did not have "Israel is gonna have a Civil War over the right to rape prisoners" on my BINGO card. I'm not 100% but I would think God would frown upon His Chosen People fighting one another cause they can't rape people...

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Did not have "Israel is gonna have a Civil War over the right to rape prisoners" on my BINGO card. I'm not 100% but I would think God would frown upon His Chosen People fighting one another cause they can't rape people...
Funnily enough, I didn't expect it to be over mass sexual assault indictments, but I figured something like this was coming. Remember, the ideological core of the Knesset's current ruling coalition are hardcore fundamentalist, militant, ultra-orthodox, Zionists. To the point that until Likud couldn't build a coalition without them, Likud -- y'know, the Israeli fascist party -- considered them too extremist to work with.

The closest analog in contemporary US politics is Patriot Front, but to be honest PF looks downright moderate to some of them by comparison. Otzma Yehudit, Itamar Ben-Gvir's party, is the latest iteration of the same political party (i.e. Kach) that keeps getting banned by the Israeli government for being a literal Orthodox supremacist hate group. They're so extreme they even want secular and reform Jews forcefully deported and banned from Israel (hence, Ben-Gvir's name coming up earlier in the thread when attempts to imprison and exile Israeli and Jewish pro-Palestine protestors).

Subsequently, their ideology is a bit...let's call it unique. Suffice to say they consider the Book of Joshua a "good start".

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Man, I was already on the FUCK ISRAEL wagon just watching their "war" with Gaza but the more I learn about Israel, the more I'm shocked that every single Palestinian isn't Hamas and doing everything in their power to push Israel out. What a bunch of absolute fucking psychopaths.

Fuck Israel. It should not exist and the fact that this has been allowed for so long is going to be a huge stain on the entire world forever.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Fuck Israel. It should not exist and the fact that this has been allowed for so long is going to be a huge stain on the entire world forever.
It is one of those morally impossible situations Israel probably never should have been established in the current location, but time changes a lot of things, there are children that have never known anything but Israel, there are adults that were born, raised, married, and buried in Israel, the state might not have a legitimate origin, but at the same time noting that it should not exist means that all of those people would be driven from the only home they've ever known.

I don't support Israel (or Hamas, for that matter), but we all need to recognize that the state isn't going anywhere and that, distasteful as it may be, we need to look for compromise.
But 100% agreed, western support for Israel, since the inception, should be seen as a stain on our history.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It is one of those morally impossible situations Israel probably never should have been established in the current location, but time changes a lot of things, there are children that have never known anything but Israel, there are adults that were born, raised, married, and buried in Israel, the state might not have a legitimate origin, but at the same time noting that it should not exist means that all of those people would be driven from the only home they've ever known.

I don't support Israel (or Hamas, for that matter), but we all need to recognize that the state isn't going anywhere and that, distasteful as it may be, we need to look for compromise.
But 100% agreed, western support for Israel, since the inception, should be seen as a stain on our history.
How do you compromise with a people who believe that you are so low that they riot when they get in trouble for raping you? How do you compromise with a people that throw garbage and debri at you? How do you compromise with a people who treat you like this?

Like...compromise went out the window ages ago. You might as well ask why Black People wouldn't compromise with Jim Crow Laws or ask why The LGBT won't compromise with The Westboro Baptist Church. How do you compromise with a people who literally want you to die just for existing?