Console Vs. P.C. (no, not like that...)

Cargin

Jun 3, 2009
With many new release titles, particularly COD MW2 and L4D2, i'm finding that to get my money's worth, i need to be gaming online, which currently, i am not. After some research, i'm kinda left with the impression that to set up xbox live is a complicated an expensive process.
While mulling it over with a mate (who is a pc gamer), he offered the solution that i just buy COD MW2 for the pc and have done with it. Seems very tempting.

So, whats the general opinion: go the whole hog and get on xbl, or take the pc quickfix?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
if your pc can run it, go for it.

The Xbox Live community suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I am/was a member. Been offline since September until I get wireless internet set-up in my house.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 on the PC could be better. So could be the Xbox Live community.

I say, go for it anyways.

Cargin

Jun 3, 2009
SikOseph said:
The PC route isn't a quick fix. It's a choice that will definitely rvolutionise the way you play FPS.
if u are referring to adapting to a mouse and keyboard interface, i was planning to buy an xbox controler for pc, cos i suck at mouse and keyboard.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

This...

I know because I'm part of it. *shivers

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Cargin said:
With many new release titles, particularly COD MW2 and L4D2, i'm finding that to get my money's worth, i need to be gaming online, which currently, i am not. After some research, i'm kinda left with the impression that to set up xbox live is a complicated an expensive process.
While mulling it over with a mate (who is a pc gamer), he offered the solution that i just buy COD MW2 for the pc and have done with it. Seems very tempting.

So, whats the general opinion: go the whole hog and get on xbl, or take the pc quickfix?
I'd like to present Exhibit A, Borderlands. It's a pain to get multiplayer on PC, but PS3 and 360 have it instantly.

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
I don't like taking sides, but remeber that Xbox-live is the home of Halo-fanboys and other fucktwits like them. PC has a lot less of that, though by no means does it have none.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

Not all of it..though there are some real pricks on it, occasionally you get a good group. To be honest I've met bigger assholes on Steam.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Do NOT use a 360 gamepad on a multiplayer PC FPS. You will not be able to turn or react nearly fast enough.

Kazturkey

Mar 1, 2009
PC is better, but devs are moving more and more toward consoles because that's where the halo fanboy fuckwits are, and there are a lot of them willing to buy ANYTHING that their fuckwit buddies say is like halo.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
If it runs on your PC save your cash for another day.

EDIT: Waaaaait. Didn't they say they didn't have dedicated servers on PC?

Cargin

Jun 3, 2009
ThrobbingEgo said:
Do NOT use a 360 gamepad on a multiplayer PC FPS. You will not be able to turn or react nearly fast enough.
how can that be tho, because my biggest problem with mouse and keyboard is that im NOT able to turn or react quick enough?!?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

]

If you can call it a community. I'd call The Escapist a community, Xbox Live mainly consists of a lot of shouty people, you meet the odd nice person who you add to your friends because they come in such short supply, but...back on topic, I agree with Onyx. I have an Xbox with LIVE, and I'd prefer the PC version.