Cosplay

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
I've never been to a convention. Even if I did I doubt I'd cosplay. Most jobs are done horribly and I don't think I could stomach that sight of so many poorly dressed weaboos.
A lot of it is about doing well, but even when people do it poorly, at least they're trying, and thats what counts. :3 Im proud to see people showcasing what they love and being proud of their own work.

Trust me, most ARE awful though. xD

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
I do love me some Cosplay...

You can't tell from the picture, but the eyes glow. I wasn't happy with how the torso armor turned out.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Another Queen Ester from Trinity Blood during the war era! I loved this one and got so many photoshoot. Took like 10 years to make too~

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
SaetonChapelle said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Vault101 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Considered trying out an NCR Ranger Cosplay, but I dunno how I'd build the helmet + Gas mask.
army surplus? but that shit could get expensive
The helmet would be relatively easy I suppose. Its the gas mask however. I don't know how I'd assemble it.
I know around here there is an army surplus store that offers cheap gas masks as well. Trying to think of methods. I keep looking at the goggles and imagine putting glow lights in them. xD
The goggles would probably be better without the lights. I have to see through them you know, and having bright LED lights on the rims would blind me. I'm thinking for the goggles I'd get a pair of red tinted ski goggles and build around them with plastic card.

There's also heat, so I wonder if I could fit a mini fan inside the mask somewhere.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Vault101 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Considered trying out an NCR Ranger Cosplay, but I dunno how I'd build the helmet + Gas mask.
army surplus? but that shit could get expensive
The helmet would be relatively easy I suppose. Its the gas mask however. I don't know how I'd assemble it.
I know around here there is an army surplus store that offers cheap gas masks as well. Trying to think of methods. I keep looking at the goggles and imagine putting glow lights in them. xD
The goggles would probably be better without the lights. I have to see through them you know, and having bright LED lights on the rims would blind me. I'm thinking for the goggles I'd get a pair of red tinted ski goggles and build around them with plastic card.

There's also heat, so I wonder if I could fit a mini fan inside the mask somewhere.
We've done that before. It's your best bet to attempt, because you will DIE in that thing. Unless you wanna lose so face weight I suppose, sweating is the best option. Might not be for hygiene purposes however.

Ive worn some heavy outfits and although they're pretty, I regret it all the time due to the heat, especially in summer. Only worn a gasmask once and Im not sure I could do it again.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
geK0 said:
I'm going to an anime convention this weekend and am pretty stoked. This year and last, I've spent the first months of summer break (my college courses end mid-April) working on cosplays to wear to Anime North and have had a great time doing it.
My work is pretty sloppy, but my Deku Scrub costume last year seemed to be received pretty well and I had a blast making and wearing it : D

The other person is a stranger
Time stamp is inaccurate

This year I am doing a red Yoshi cosplay (Yes I'm a Nintendo fanboy, yes I am aware that Yoshi isn't anime).

My hair wont be visible with the full costume

I'm hoping to have as good a time as I did last year ^____^

discussion value:
Discuss cosplay conventions you had gone to, your cosplays, what you'd like to cosplay, etc.

Also, for any Escapists attending Anime North, I'm taking pokemon challenges.
If you ever decided to do a career in dubstep, you'd have to call yourself DeadY0$h1 XD

It's that awesome!

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
geK0 said:
Dreiko said:
I was recently alerted to the fact that one of the pictures I took of my friends cosplaying is approved to get sent to Japan where Blazblue's creator will review it for a potential inclusion in an official blazblue cosplay artbook published by Arc System Works. As you can imagine I'm stoked! XD

If anybody here likes to see how I imagined a playable Kokonoe's character-specific battle intro against Hazama look below:

And here's some other photos of my cosplaying friends. I've not yet done it much myself but you may notice me as the random guy with the long hair/Kamina:

I love the pimp charizard x P

He's not a pimp, he's Don-Charizard. XD

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I've never cosplayed before, but if I did, I think I'd like to go as Repo:

Not because I'm overly fond of Repo: The Genetic Opera, but because that'd be a wicked cool thing to cosplay as.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
Sir? Have I been knighted by the Internet?

I have the trench coat and black under clothes, growing the necessary facial hair (Expo isn't until September) and I can slick my hair back.

Those glasses are going to be a pain to recreate though, but the final result will all be worth it :D
Easiest way to creat those, and I'm guessing here, is that you just take the regular sunglasses that are yellow tinted and simply put some either rubber, or plastic that looks like the sides of his glasses then glue it on like you would a Animal Face, such as a Lion's Mouth.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Aprilgold said:
PsychicTaco115 said:
Sir? Have I been knighted by the Internet?

I have the trench coat and black under clothes, growing the necessary facial hair (Expo isn't until September) and I can slick my hair back.

Those glasses are going to be a pain to recreate though, but the final result will all be worth it :D
Easiest way to creat those, and I'm guessing here, is that you just take the regular sunglasses that are yellow tinted and simply put some either rubber, or plastic that looks like the sides of his glasses then glue it on like you would a Animal Face, such as a Lion's Mouth.
That would probably work.

I can always get some black gloves too.

I'll do the wall dance, show off my moves! :D

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Very nice! Also, you're pretty cute. That helps ^^
Thanks! Hopefully I'll get similar reactions when I attend Supanova next month.

blah_ducks

Dec 21, 2009

I went as HG/SS Morty along with my friend who went as HG/SS Bugsy at Anime Matsuri. She did a lot of legwork on both of our costumes (since I can't sew or style wigs) but I did most of the paper mache and painting.

I'm not even going to pretend I know how to correctly post pics -_-

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I've never had the opportunity to cosplay. I think I could probably play a mean Carl Clover (BlazBlue series) considering my height and build, honestly.
But uh...short shorts? Probably a no go for me. A character that I actually would want to cosplay might be Mega Man Zero.
Why am I ok with wearing what seems to be robot underwear but not short shorts? .....Iunno.

Or, I could live up to my name and cosplay as Solaire...maybe. Might do well to gain a bit of weight and height first.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
MercurySteam said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Very nice! Also, you're pretty cute. That helps ^^
Thanks! Hopefully I'll get similar reactions when I attend Supanova next month.
Omg, I might be going there too! Depends on a few things, but maybe!
Will probably go on the 16th (the Saturday). Hope to see you there!