Could Batman defeat the entire Avengers?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Could anyone recommend some good places in the UK away from London to visit for a few days? Just a chill out weekend away from the city and stress.

Work is boring, nothing much happens and when it's a mute point, I think about nerdy stuff. NNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!

This idea came from a podcast I listen to, The Weekly Planet, and they had a thought. Batman could tactically find a way to defeat The Avengers, couldn't he?

Anyone remember the Justice League animated series that where Batman had a contingency plan just in case his fellow members decide to turn evil. Well he is tactical.

I am not a fan of Batman but I like his thinking. Do you think it's possible? Batman defeating Hulk, Thor?

Or maybe it just depends on the writer. Maybe.

What other hero do you think can defeat a group of heroes? No, not villains. They are just in it for too much of the mayhem.

By defeat, I don't mean kill.

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
Most of the Justice League are so powerful that they have some built in weakness so they can be threatened in a plotline. The Avengers are less outright powerful (most of the time), but without crippling vulnerabilities.

But it is Batman, so given enough time and resources he could build contingencies enough around his super-prepared plot-armor to defeat them all. *Probably with yet another plot pitting them against one-another.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
With proper intel and planning, and if he could take them on one by one by surprise, he could probably take them out. Or at least get Hulk off planet Civil War style. Or even better, if it took place in one of his own series. The ultimate trump card for superheroes.

Also, WOOOOO WEEKLY PLANET! What are the we fans called again, Weeklywackadoos or something?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I doubt it, because they wouldn't feel bad about leaking his secret identity. That's part of the power of the Avengers. We all know who Iron Man and Captain America are. But Batman has something to lose if people find out he's Bruce Wayne.

And BlackWidow wouldn't think twice about infiltrating Wayne Manor or killing BatGirl.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Probably. World's greatest detective, could defeat anyone if he had a week to plan, that sort of crap. Kind of bullshit if you ask me, but what do I know.
http://www.whitezebragoldchainz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/robert-downey-jr-eye-roll.jpg

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Only if The Avengers turn evil, though most likely such a plot would just have Batman getting allies. If its Batman versus good guy Avengers then no, cause they would eventually realize they have no reason to fight, then team up against whoever set them on each other to begin with.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Saelune said:
Only if The Avengers turn evil, though most likely such a plot would just have Batman getting allies. If its Batman versus good guy Avengers then no, cause they would eventually realize they have no reason to fight, then team up against whoever set them on each other to begin with.
or if one of the Avengers mother name is Martha...

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
As Told By a Marvel Writer: Either he'd start taking them out one-by-one, get them all to team up, and lose. Or they'd all realize that someone has tricked him, convince him he's wrong about something, and then all go home after defeating whoever tricked him.

As Told By a DC Writer: Batman ambushes the entire Avengers while they're having pizza, and despite their numbers and superhuman abilities, fall to the most wonderful hero of all because he discovered their super secret weakness.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
He could.

But why would he?

Far more interesting question: Could The Avengers stop Owl Man? Hmmmmm....

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Will this be before or after Thor has reduced him to the latest notch on Mjolnir's bedpost?

DudeistBelieve said:
He could.

But why would he?

Far more interesting question: Could The Avengers stop Owl Man? Hmmmmm....
Well yeah they can, because most of the primary Avengers aren't Batman and ergo do not abide his rule of not killing people. Cap was in the Second World War for God sake so even if Owlman is wearing his (rather jaunty) power armour that still leaves someone like Thor, or Captain Marvel, or the Vision to ***** slap the nihilism out of him.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
If Batsy threatened the Avengers, he'd end up in a losing fight Iron Man, then before he could think of any counter measures to Iron Man, Stark Industries would own Wayne Enterprises, and Bruce would be in the poor house. Because honestly, Tony's much smarter than anyone in the DC universe. He'd own the rights to Batman's likeness before Robin "Holy industrialists Batman!"

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
It wouldn't be easy to do. It would take years and cost a fortune.

"Luckily" WB has the rights both.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Not really, for the most part. Assuming Batman travel's to the MCU, he's cut off from all his toys and money, and fighting people he's got no means to prepare against. He also doesn't even have the time to figure out how to take them on.

If they both somehow existed in the same universe, Batman is in a better position, and as long as he plays the long con, he's got a pretty good chance of destabilizing the Avengers. At that point, he's got the means and the money to put some plans into place. At that point, it comes down to one factor - Is Stark interested, at all, in the Batman?

If he is, it falls apart, because Stark can find out who he is. There is a chance, though, that Stark simply wouldn't be interested in him, and his disinterested could allow Batman to maneuver freely. There's also a chance that, even if Stark did know who Batman was, he wouldn't want to dick with him. Why? Because Stark may very well simply respect him too much to interfere with him. Wayne Industries is, in many ways, what Tony changed his own company into - A massive corporation that goes out of its way to avoid military contracts and actively works for the poor. He may even see Wayne as a kindred spirit, in a way.

So, assuming Stark either doesn't care enough to dick around with Batman, or is otherwise disinterested in fucking with him, Batman has a chance at fucking the Avengers up in a very real way. But even then, I doubt he can take them all down for good.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Realistically, no. But fanboys and DC writers would have you think otherwise. Now The Flash? He could defeat the Avengers easily.

Oct 22, 2011
He could if the writer would want him too. Although that'd still be fuckin' stupid. Sorry, i just can't see where this thread should go other than obvious route of bashing DC fanboyism.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, are we assuming Death Battle rules? Because one of the rules of Death Battle is that opponents do not know about their opponent, unless they would know about them in their world. If we're going by that logic, I doubt Batman could beat anyone even slightly superhuman. Luke Cage would likely beat him, for example.

However, it becomes much less clear cut if he has knowledge, resources, and time to plan and build counter measures. I think that would be case by case. For example, he could beat Captain America, maybe even Hulk, but not Thor who is basically Superman without a specific weakness.