Could You Date A Transexual?

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Nope. Just wouldn't feel right with me at all. No real reason why, I just couldn't.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
bananafishtoday said:
TehCookie said:
I never could, there is no way to make a male into female or vise versa and doing so is just mutilation. I'm fine if they want to act like the opposite gender, but when you get to the surgery I find that crossing the line. Like how furries have a fursona, and then there's that guy who sewn a dogs face onto his. Then again I'm not attracted to plastic surgery in general, and the more drastic of a change the more of a turn-off it is.
I honestly don't even know how to respond to this bullshit without getting banned.
I suggest an ignore button.
Highly ironic post due to the fact the avatar is a catboy

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Cry Wolf said:
an annoyed writer said:
OP: I am a Transsexual woman.
I'll not be offended (and, hopefully obvious, I mean no offense) if you ignore me given the personal nature that some of these questions may have, but I couldn't contain my curiosity. In no particular order:

* Does "transsexual woman" mean you were born physically male, and want to be/are now male or is it the other way around?
* Have you had surgery to align yourself with sexuality? If so, to what extent? If not, do you want to?
* Have you had any problems with abuse or otherwise for your sexuality?
* What is your aesthetic gender preference in sexual partners, assuming you have one?
* Have you had any problems darting due to your sexuality?
* Do you run into many other people who ask you a whole bunch of annoying questions?
* Did you "become" (ugh, sorry, I can't phrase this right - I did try, but to no avail) at a certain age, or did you always "feel" this way?
* How old are you now?

That is all for now, I've got some work I've actually suppose to be doing. I'll probably be back to ask you some more questions, assuming you're okay with that.

NOTE: Sorry if my terminology is off! While I have given quite a significant amount of thought to many issues regarding sexuality, including similar scenarios to the one put forward here, I haven't had any interaction with transsexuals (which I find odd, given the amount of contact and friends I have with the rest of the LGBT community) and my reading has only be skimming over some articles I've stumbled across.
Alright, I'll answer them in the order they were asked:

-A Transsexual Woman, or Transwoman, is a woman of trans-gendered background: born physically male, but altered hormonally and surgically to become a woman. Likewise, a Transman is a Man of Transgendered background.
-I've not yet had surgery, but I plan to.
-As stated before, I generally have an aesthetic preference for women: Transgendered or Cisgendered, doesn't matter.
-I'm assuming that you mean Dating. Short answer: no. Long answer: you get a lot more people looking your way and giving you a chance when you act like yourself.
-I've had to deal with plenty of people with annoying questions. It's one of the reasons I go under this moniker.
-I've known since I was four or five. Unfortunately I lived in a very condemning household and neighborhood, so I had to train myself to blend in. Always had an unshakeable feeling about it.
-21 years old right now.

If you want any more info I'd be happy to fill you in via personal messaging.

Mar 20, 2010
Yes i would, If I like them. I would marry them too if I love them. I would also date a transvestite or a crossdresser. Makes no difference to me.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Beautiful Tragedy said:
verdant monkai said:
I have no problem with people who do it I just think it would be easier for them, if they came to terms with themselves, rather than have what they are dictated to them by what's in their pants.
Come to terms?! I resigned many years ago I would never be able to transition... I was depressed, angry, and suicidal. I knew i was in the wrong body, but I had "come to terms" with the fact I would never transition, then... by the grace of god and my wonderful wife, 5 years ago I began transition! While it hasn't been easy, i am happier now than ANY time previously in my (GEEZ!) nearly 40 years on this planet. It's not a come to terms issue, it's scientifically proven to be a real, physical condition.

I don't hold it against any of you for saying no... it's your life, you chose what you do with it, but frankly I'd be completely miserable or dead if i had "come to terms" with it.
To be honest it really dosen't matter what I think or anyone else for that matter, as long as you are happy with yourself and so is everyone you care about. Me and my opinions aren't a factor that should be considered with regards to decisions concerning who you are. With regards to it being easier I meant with regards to teasing, I have seen people who are obviously fat dudes in high heels and dresses mocked and taunted for being transsexual.

It's interesting to learn that you haven't always been a woman though. Assuming your avatar is your picture, then you definitely look like a nice looking woman to me. Although you seem to have a bit of a grainy hipster haze over your image.

At the end of the day my opinion and that of others doesn't matter, as long as you are happy with yourself then that's what's important.

cerebreturns

Jan 15, 2013
No.
A guy is a guy.
A girl is a girl.

slicing your body up and pumping yourself full of drugs doesn't make you into another sex,
it makes you a drugged up emo person with serious mental issues.

This has always bothered me because it is dangerous close to "well yeah she's 14 but she's mentaly a 18 year old so it's ok"

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Thrashgrinder said:
Yes i would, If I like them. I would marry them too if I love them. I would also date a transvestite or a crossdresser. Makes no difference to me.
now that's an open mind..love it!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Why do these transgender threads always exude this vibe that not being able to be physically attracted to every human being on the planet makes you a bad person?

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
verdant monkai said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
verdant monkai said:
I have no problem with people who do it I just think it would be easier for them, if they came to terms with themselves, rather than have what they are dictated to them by what's in their pants.
Come to terms?! I resigned many years ago I would never be able to transition... I was depressed, angry, and suicidal. I knew i was in the wrong body, but I had "come to terms" with the fact I would never transition, then... by the grace of god and my wonderful wife, 5 years ago I began transition! While it hasn't been easy, i am happier now than ANY time previously in my (GEEZ!) nearly 40 years on this planet. It's not a come to terms issue, it's scientifically proven to be a real, physical condition.

I don't hold it against any of you for saying no... it's your life, you chose what you do with it, but frankly I'd be completely miserable or dead if i had "come to terms" with it.
To be honest it really dosen't matter what I think or anyone else for that matter, as long as you are happy with yourself and so is everyone you care about. Me and my opinions aren't a factor that should be considered with regards to decisions concerning who you are. With regards to it being easier I meant with regards to teasing, I have seen people who are obviously fat dudes in high heels and dresses mocked and taunted for being transsexual.

It's interesting to learn that you haven't always been a woman though. Assuming your avatar is your picture, then you definitely look like a nice looking woman to me. Although you seem to have a bit of a grainy hipster haze over your image.

At the end of the day my opinion and that of others doesn't matter, as long as you are happy with yourself then that's what's important.
no no..i know... I have felt since the age of 5 there was something "wrong", but it wasn't til i was 16 i knew what it was. hipster?? I was just messing with my phone. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/010/b/5/profile_picture_by_melanieshaman-d5r3116.jpg
there's me without effects, and thank you :)

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Date a transexual? But of course. If she's charming enough in her own right to warrant a date, then sure... why not?

For some reason people are jumping to the baby part. Good Lord people, what makes you think the date will go well? XD

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
cerebreturns said:
No.
A guy is a guy.
A girl is a girl.

slicing your body up and pumping yourself full of drugs doesn't make you into another sex,

This has always bothered me because it is dangerous close to "well yeah she's 14 but she's mentaly a 18 year old so it's ok"
Again Gender Dysphoria is NOT a mental health condition, it was declassified as such just last years, as was homosexuality what was it? 35 years ago?

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Hm... I guess it depends on how good the job was. Obviously I would need to be sexually attracted to someone in order to have a romantic relationship with them. If the process of a sex change could be done well enough then I really wouldn't care what their original gender was, but I don't think the technology is quite there yet (I may be wrong. I don't really know how sophisticated or complete a typical sex change is these days)

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
an annoyed writer said:
I've had to deal with plenty of people with annoying questions. It's one of the reasons I go under this moniker.
Ha ha! I am genuinely sorry, it'd frustrate me to no end people asking me questions like I'm an alien based on what, relative to the observer, is an entirely arbitrary fact of life that shouldn't separate you from the rest of society. That said, I couldn't help myself. I'm like a big child, letting my curiosity take preference to being respectful (thoughtful?).

Anyway, I'll probably take you up on your offer for a few more questions privately and then leave you in peace. =)

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
cerebreturns said:
No.
A guy is a guy.
A girl is a girl.

... Have you read any of the previous posts in this thread? Being trans is a recognised medical condition. Not a mental health disorder. It is not "emo", and hormone therapy is not "pumping yourself full of drugs". The gender binary does not exist.

Educate yourself before spewing such ignorant bile.

Quadocky

Aug 30, 2012
TehCookie said:
I never could, there is no way to make a male into female or vise versa and doing so is just mutilation. I'm fine if they want to act like the opposite gender, but when you get to the surgery I find that crossing the line. Like how furries have a fursona, and then there's that guy who sewn a dogs face onto his. Then again I'm not attracted to plastic surgery in general, and the more drastic of a change the more of a turn-off it is.
No, being a transsexual is most likely nothing like roleplaying a character in a fandom.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
of course, i honestly dont understand why any rational person would make sex change a deal breaker if they felt a connection with the person and were attracted to them. gender is determined by whats between your ears, not whats between your legs

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
No idea if I would, guess I'll find out if I'm ever in the situation. Not much use making all kinds of claims on a forum when I've never met anyone who was transsexual.

I'm somewhat confused though why it's considered either closed-minded or open-minded to either be willing or unwilling to date a transsexual? Shouldn't that be based on whether you consider them to be worthy of respect?

Basing open-mindedness on whether or not you'd fuck it seems kinda missing the point.

A Distant Star

Feb 15, 2008
If she acts like a lady, looks like a lady and has the parts of the lady? Sure why not?

What she had down there before she met me is absolutely none of my business.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Quadocky said:
TehCookie said:
No, being a transsexual is most likely nothing like roleplaying a character in a fandom.
it's absolutely nothing like that. It's deeper..WAY deeper.