Could You Date A Transexual?

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
No, but I have nothing against it. I hate that I would be uncomfortable with it, I have no reason to be and wish I didn't care, but I think dating-wise, it would bother me.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
EclipseoftheDarkSun said:
*snip*...hehe... snip
Well, the "how it's arranged" part is pretty damn important.

Lava is made of the same stuff as igneous rock, but you wouldn't want to walk on lava.

Animals of the same stuff as humans, but you probably wouldn't want to... you know.

p0rk

Jan 28, 2012
I hate to use the cliche "Its not you its me." But I have very bad Complex PTSD and I have a huge difficulty in dealing with people that appear masculine - even dealing with my male friends can be sometimes extremely difficult for me. And Sex is another hard subject for me - it's very difficult for me to let someone in. To answer this question I did google pictures of people going through the Trans Process (and cleared my browser history - next time I will use safesearch) and their remaining masculine details did make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I do have to admit there was one girl who had gone through the process that didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all though. Had my life taken a different course I would probably wouldn't care one way or the other as long as the mutual attraction and love was there. You have to be a pretty strong person and know yourself very well to be able to go through that kind of a process.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I don't see why not.

Sure I wouldn't marry one (purely because I want biological children), but I don't see a problem with dating one.
They're still human.

And, well... I am lonely :(

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
"Could you date a ____________?" Ultimately depends on the person, because I haven't dated a transsexual before I don't know what I'd be dealing with exactly and having a preconceived notion about what that would be like won't actually inform me what it would actually be like.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
As of now, science does not allow us to turn a person's body from one genre to the other. At most, we can hack at the flesh and rearrange it so that the looks do closely match the others', but that's medieval and ankle deep a transformation.

I think it's important to state what is real and what is not, for how tragic the consequences might be. Reality is a hard place but ignoring it has far worse drawbacks.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
This'll come off a bit shallow, and as I've never been in such a situation I can only postulate, but I'd say initially no. Or, no if I knew off the bat they were transexual. But if I got to know them, felt an attraction and then found out? Well, I already like who they are now, so how they got here is unimportant.

But... slightly similar topic.. I'd probably be fine with a hermaphrodite. I like men, but I also thoroughly enjoy some female bits too :p

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Hell no

Fine in order to avoid a low content post i'll add more. A transexual isn't really a different sex post op. It isn't possible to just swap sexes.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
If I can't tell the difference, then I also can't invent a reason to be bothered. You're attracted to who you're attracted to.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
godofallu said:
Hell no

Fine in order to avoid a low content post i'll add more. A transexual isn't really a different sex post op. It isn't possible to just swap sexes.
What if you can't tell the difference? If that doesn't matter then why is the notion that they for all intents and purposes are aesthetically not the same gender anymore?

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
No, I don't think so. Not because I have anything against transsexuals, but because thus far I haven't been sexually attracted to anyone, and I'm not particularly opposed to a close relationship or even romance but there aren't many potential partners who wouldn't want more than I can honestly offer. Asexuality mean there's a lot of drama I don't have to deal with, but it also cuts out a significant fraction of the "normal" life experience...

Sep 14, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Would I date the AVERAGE transsexual? One who retained a number of masculine features? Say a strong jaw and some 5 o' clock shadow? Or big line backer shoulders? Or man hands? Eh...probably not. But I'm a shallow prick.
basically this, i'll be your best damn friend for life, but believe me, i've tried not being a ignorant prick but i nearly throw up in my mouth thinking about something such as this occurring between me and a transsexual person, and it's just one of those "whatever floats your boat" things i think.

but hey, if that pleases whoever, by all means, have at it, more for you, so to speak.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Well, I'm gay so the person I would be dating would have a d*ck. I have looked up Phalloplasty to get a general idea of how surgery like this works and looks. While I don't mind the psychological aspect of "he used to be a she", the whole constructed genitalia looks a bit off. So maybe once the surgical aspect of this whole business looks a bit better I wouldn't mind dating a transgender.

Damn I'm a shallow asshole...

Interestingly enough though, I have looked up the opposite kind of surgery called Vaginoplasty and it doesn't look that much different from the natural thing. Go medical science!

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
basically this, i'll be your best damn friend for life, but believe me, i've tried not being a ignorant prick but i nearly throw up in my mouth thinking about something such as this occurring between me and a transsexual person, and it's just one of those "whatever floats your boat" things i think.

but hey, if that pleases whoever, by all means, have at it, more for you, so to speak.
That's beyond a reasonable reaction. I have no desire to have sex with another man, but the thought of the act doesn't drive me to any particularly strong feelings, let alone physical reactions.

Timmey

May 29, 2010
th3dark3rsh33p said:
godofallu said:
Hell no

What if you can't tell the difference? If that doesn't matter then why is the notion that they for all intents and purposes are aesthetically not the same gender anymore?
Have to agree with the original quote, fairly sure you'd be able to tell the difference in the bedroom aswell.

Which im afraid, for me, would really put me off,

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
Vareoth said:
Well, I'm gay so the person I would be dating would have a d*ck. I have looked up Phalloplasty to get a general idea of how surgery like this works and looks. While I don't mind the psychological aspect of "he used to be a she", the whole constructed genitalia looks a bit off. So maybe once the surgical aspect of this whole business looks a bit better I wouldn't mind dating a transgender.

Damn I'm a shallow asshole...

Interestingly enough though, I have looked up the opposite kind of surgery called Vaginoplasty and it doesn't look that much different from the natural thing. Go medical science!
Aesthetics are apart of sex, and you shouldn't be ashamed of that. Not like your treating them differently as a person. So I wouldn't worry about it or think less of yourself. :)

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Sunrider84 said:
I gave this a lot of thought after having this very discussion with an acquaintance a while back. I still haven't come up with an answer. As much as it's wrong of me to have a prejudice against it, I can't seem to shake it completely. By prejudice, I mean in terms of me being able to date one, not that I feel like there's anything wrong with transsexual people. The fact that I even felt like I had to explain that makes me frustrated.
Disregarding children (I don't even know if I want any or not, but I'm leaning towards "want"), as someone said earlier, I doubt I'd even notice if it's "done right" (forgive me for that phrasing, it wasn't meant to offend), so I'm leaning towards "sure, why not?", but you just never know until you're met with the situation.

Wow, lots of quotation marks there. Maybe I should work on my English. Yes, yes I should.
I feel like I am much in the same boat. I consider myself a mostly-straight male and my position on a transgender relationship is much like mine on dating a guy: I have no problem with it whatsoever, and I would do it if I found someone whom I wanted to be with, but I hit some difficulties of varying degrees when it comes to sex. I end up having a hard time imagining myself being comfortable in that situation.
It's not something I've encountered firsthand, so I can't say for certain what I wound do.
So as far as dating, I certainly would without a problem, but I can't really judge at this point what I would do when it came down to sex. I don't know how similar someone post-op is to one who was born with the parts I generally want to have sex with.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
Serious question actually I may as well ask here since many people seem to be rather knowledgeable with this

Male to female transsexuals in particular I wish to ask about. Is the vagina created possible of self lubrication? The only time I've done ANY research on this was a long time ago and it was so hard to get any information so was just curious if they have a way of allowing it now?

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Ryan Minns said:
Serious question actually I may as well ask here since many people seem to be rather knowledgeable with this

Male to female transsexuals in particular I wish to ask about. Is the vagina created possible of self lubrication? The only time I've done ANY research on this was a long time ago and it was so hard to get any information so was just curious if they have a way of allowing it now?
Generally depends on the skill of the surgeon.
But yes, they can self lubricate.
However some may not lubricate enough, and an external lube may be needed.