Counter-Strike Cheater Stabbed in Brain

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
That's pretty gruesome, and whilst I could understand perhapes hitting the kid, a heafty meat knife to the cerebellum is NOT the way to resolve unsporting behaviour

But another thing:

John Funk said:
The internet cafe in question was reportedly popular amongst youth for not requiring ID, something that is common as China's internet laws grow increasingly draconian.
Where's the "Grow" and "Increasing" in the draconian-ness of Chinese legislation? It's already running at 110% for crip's sake! You think China was all full of liberalness and easy-going lawmen in the Cultural Revolution?

I'm teasing you, John, I'm not genuinely being snarky. I'd put a tounge-out smiley face at the end to show this, but DAMNIT I have SOME class

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Don't let Ubi see this, multi-install DRM consequences?

OT: Let's be honest, we've all wanted to biff someone who's using hax or mods in a friendly competition. This may be a wee bit of overkill, but the motive makes sense.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, this kind of BS is inexcusable. I mean, he should have been punished for hacking, such as being kicked or banned, but physical violence? Really? Michael Atkinson finally retired and Johnson was disbarred, lets not start proving them right.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Oh for god sake, don't let FOX hear about this!
[http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/GeN_Ex/?action=view&current=FOX.jpg]
'What's that, Vanguard?'

NOTHING FOX

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
"And what did we learn?"

"Don't cheat in videogames."

"Or?"

"Or someone is going to take offence and shove a rusty knife in your brains."

"Very good."

Hey, at least the kid didn't get t-bagged afterwards.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
IamQ said:
Stabbed in the motherfucking Brain?! Is he high?! Why the hell would anyone do that?!
Yeah! He should have stabbed the guy in the chest, not the brain!

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, thats insane.

I mean sure, I've wanted to do that exact same thing to people who cheat, but that doesn't mean I would actually do it.

I want to do lots of things, but that doesn't mean I will actually do them.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
We should outlaw knives.

I can't say I feel sorry for him. Had the guy not cheated, I would. Too bad he cheated and brought it upon himself. Yeah, it's an overreaction. Kid shouldn't cheat. At anything.

Abort-retry-fail

Feb 13, 2010
Wow. And I thought people who rage quit were taking things too seriously. Stabbing dudes in the skull is OK as long as the knives and heads are made of pixels, but not if it's real flesh and metal we're talking about.
Distorted Stu said:
Who the hell brings a knife that big into a damn internet cafe :|
Yeah, and I'm also wondering about how they got it in there without anyone noticing.
"But sir, it's for slicing tomatoes for my sandwiches! I swear!"

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
I'm curious about why there was a knife there at all, let alone a rusty one.

Maybe the whole story is a complete misinterpretation, or misrepresentation. I don't see any named witnesses, except the doctors, who saw the aftermath.

Maybe this kid had enemies.

Jan 23, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
This is painfully ironic

"Games don't cause violence!"

case and point^
Well you could argue that this is no different to an argument breaking out over anything else competitive.

I wonder how many people are stabbed over arguments in "casual" football matches in back-fields.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
The media can't say much about this, lets face it, China's pretty messed up.

I can't say I'm surprised but since he's still alive the attackers have a slight moral high ground... Cheating is WRONG. And hacking is ILLEGAL.

I was joking about the first part of that second paragraph, but on a more serious note I hope the hacker's learned his lesson and makes a good recovery.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
Seriously, why try to kill someone over a game(he got stabbed in the head so I imagine they weren't just trying to hurt him), just ban him and move on, no need to get that worked up over a game.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Srdjan said:
Well he was cheating, he is fault himself, certanly somebody warn him not to do that.
It's his fault for not assuming that someone would bring a fucking KNIFE with them just for such an occasion.
If I was him, the biggest thing I'd expect to happend, is someone shouting at you, telling you to stop using cheats or you'll get kicked out of the café.

Not getting yourself stabbed in the brain.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Tank207 said:
It could have been worse... someone could have thrown a computer monitor or two at his head while yelling "Haaaaax!"
A certain docter with a bit of a head swelling problem?
Man thats nuts. I could see maybe punching someone for cheating maybe even getting a bit carried away and breaking a bone or two. But stabbing someone right through the head?!?!?
The kinda force you'd have to put into that is pretty high too.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
When i lived at a dorm, the punishment for cheating or using hacks was to stand in the firing line of 3 450 fps automatic airsoft AK-47's. We all agreed to the distance and the amount of rounds and where to aim. Torso only. It was safe but it stung like hell if you did it and everyone who played in our games signed a paper saying they understand and accept the punishment. We never actually used it except to test that it was safe. I thought that was fair. The knife is a tad overkill but maybe the kid was egging on his attackers or pulled the knife on them and then they used it on him? Whatever the case that looks painful.