Crash Bandicoot has died today

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Good. About time they stopped violently raping the corpse of the once-great Crash Bandicoot. I feel sorry for him: his PS1 games were so amazing... But once Naughty Dog stopped, it's just been a horrible, tragic downhill tumble. Rest in peace, my friend.

Feb 4, 2010
Crash never got as bad as Sonic but I can't say I'm sad to see him go. Warped was a great game and so was CTR. I never played the first two but I will when I've got a couple bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Those, as far as I'm concerned, are the only real Crash games, just like Sonic 1-Sonic and Knuckles are the only real Sonic games. If Crash ever gets a full on revival I'll be glad to give it a go otherwise I'll let him stay within the realm of my childhood.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
I see that many people here gave up on Crash a long time ago. I was into Croc, Tomb Raider, and Spyro at the time and missed Crash altogether. Gosh, PS1 was awesome. Why aren't games that good anymore?
Scratch that, why aren't games AS GOOD anymore? Fallout 3 and L4D are great, but the old PS1 titles are still GOOD even if they are dated.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
SirPumpkinLongshanks said:
Crash never got as bad as Sonic but I can't say I'm sad to see him go. Warped was a great game and so was CTR. I never played the first two but I will when I've got a couple bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Those, as far as I'm concerned, are the only real Crash games, just like Sonic 1-Sonic and Knuckles are the only real Sonic games. If Crash ever gets a full on revival I'll be glad to give it a go otherwise I'll let him stay within the realm of my childhood.
I think we can call that a fine eulogy. Indeed, I myself never was able to play the first few Crash Bandicoot games fully, although I do remember those summer nights when I would go to Target or Wal-Mart with my family for shopping and they would let me go to the electronics section and try out all the new video games, like the new-fangled "Playstation".

The mask that followed Crash always made me laugh for some non-apparent reason, but I was only like 6 or 7, so I think I can be forgiven.

Crash, you didn't deserve this. You deserved to go out on top. You were Sony's first mascot, something that we identified with the PS. You were a fine character, and hopefully you will someday return to bring joy to our lives once again.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
He was already dead by the time he moved beyond the PS1
Couldn't agree more, he was put through the wringer way to many times*remembers simple PS1 times*man did those suck.

LividFiction

Bassist Mediocreaire
Jan 12, 2008
Maxieon said:
I thought he died after Twinsanity. Yes I actually liked that one. It had good music, it was funny, and it had the old character models.
The characters looked completely different in Twinsanity than in Wrath of Cortex or the PS1 games.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Crash Bandicoot died as soon as Naughty Dog stopped making it...*sniff* I was mad to see Crash games turn into shit, I pretty much grew up on those games way back on PS1.
More or less in the same boat as this guy. I don't know who the games moved onto and whoever they are, I want to kill them for murdering one of my favourite childhood franchises.

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
Ahh well, I'll miss the little guy.

He made up a sizable portion of my childhood, so I recently re-bought "Crash 3 Waaaaarrrrped" of the PSN.

[sub]its as good as I remembered :') [/sub]

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
My last hope for Crash was a Twinsanity 2.
Twinsanity was cool... I might play it again later.

See, Crash ain't dead. He's just really old and telling all the youngn's about the war.
The war aginst apples. Oh, and Cortex.

Feb 4, 2010
Chaos Theory said:
The studio hasnt shut down mate, they've just made cutbacks.

Crash aint dead
It all depends on whether someone can turn a profit from the series. As far as I'm aware it fell off the radar years ago. I can't see there being any money in reviving a dead mascot franchise.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Composer said:
umm i thought he was made by naughtydog....o_O
That was the old crash.Then Radical bought the old crash team.And after that, all they made was shit.

But, rest is peace you mute dingo bastard. I shall always love you for what you were...And you were AWESOME.

RussetRanger

Jan 31, 2010
presidentjlh said:
canadamus_prime said:
Well I don't know how you can say a fictional character died. Fictional characters can never really die, even if they're killed off in their respective stories they can always be revived in some incarnation or other or simply by retcon. Just because the series is not currently active or the company the created it has gone belly up, doesn't mean some other company won't revive it later. ...for better or for worse.
Well, let's be honest, Sonic is close to death, and Crash Bandicoot hasn't been in a notable game for a while now.

The lifespan of a fictional video game character is like this:

Birth: Breakthrough, fresh, exciting video game. Original
Childhood/teenage years: Sequels, but still canon
Adult years: Non-canon games, but they still have a story and whatnot.
Elderly: Games that are based around multiplayer minigames.
Death follows soon after.
That means.... Mario keeps on becoming Benjamin Button. I knew it.

Legend of Zelda found the Fountain of Youth

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Lividfiction said:
Maxieon said:
I thought he died after Twinsanity. Yes I actually liked that one. It had good music, it was funny, and it had the old character models.
The characters looked completely different in Twinsanity than in Wrath of Cortex or the PS1 games.
Well, for one, they changed the design to be more appealing to the Japanese.
[/spioler]

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
hmmmmm...

To be fair, he never really appeared in the last 2 generations, so I think we can assume he's not only dead, but a cold, rotting body in some gutter.

Birdman1604

Sep 3, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Crash Bandicoot died as soon as Naughty Dog stopped making it...*sniff* I was mad to see Crash games turn into shit, I pretty much grew up on those games way back on PS1.
I feel old all of the sudden =(