Creature Caster Masters: A Challenger Appears

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
A Challenger Appears

Justin's past begins catching up with him, just as he was about to start his journey.

Watch Video

Clarkarius

Dec 21, 2008
First actual appearence of the battle system, interesting. Although they could get dull quickly if stretched over multiple episode, but still it was good. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

slightly evil

Feb 18, 2010
laughing like hell here, keep it up
love how he just passed out, it always used to bug me, nice how you worked it into the character though

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Haha I wonder if Pokémon isn't aim at children would Ash called Gary a douche as well? Oh the ending with the Professor bringing food was hilarious!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Hrm... the card system does seem surprisingly interesting, if a little prone to the "that does what I says it does!" effect that plagues both the major source materials.

Chad's really sticking to the whole fire theme.

And the expected mocking of the "blackout" trainer fainting to close thigns out... a little predictably.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I see you follow the yugioh school of card games, just make shit up. So when do they start fighting on motorcycles?

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Nice to see a real battle take off. I can only hope the story picks up a little faster, but not a bad pacing with the fight here.

Also, while I do appreciate the art direction here, can you please work on the eyebrows? Anime-style hair with eyebrows projected over it as if by magic looks really creepy, like they're wearing a set of removable eyebrows. So you know.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
Great show, makes me miss Doraleous and Associates less. But you realize that now that you have a funny show that has demonstrated actual game mechanics, you are screwed right? At some point you will be obligated to make a game.

Also at some point you should mention the complete impracticality of housing in that world. Like 3 houses in a city with no beds and 2 people living in each, while everyone else is stuck in the street.
And where exactly does food come from?

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
InevitableFate said:
... wait a minute... THAT'S SHADYVOX!

*recognition moment*
HOLY SHIT YOUR RIGHT!
(also, I kinda want to play that game. it looks.....fun?)

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
This is pretty much exactly what Yugioh is like, except it isn't 2 hours long.
Burn stall vs heal stall.
Yes, yes it is two hours long.....

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
pwnsore said:
Great show, makes me miss Doraleous and Associates less. But you realize that now that you have a funny show that has demonstrated actual game mechanics, you are screwed right? At some point you will be obligated to make a game.
You say that like it's automatically a bad thing.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Not your strongest episode guys. Had a couple of laughs but not too, too much else. Big hopes for next ep.