Creatures/Characters You'd Rather Never Fight Ever Again.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
witheringsanity said:
anyone you have to fight mono-a-mono in final fantasy tactics. they all have abilities that knock off 95% of your health in one hit (if not over 100%), so all you can do is heal yourself and run away. you have to use some cheap strategy to defeat them and until you figure out what that is, you have to keep reloading your game and watching their dialog over and over again.
I would agree, but the "cheap tactic" is the SAME for every one of these. Every FFT boss can be crushed with the same tactic.

-Have either Accumulate or Yell or both. Or any move that boosts a stat.
-Run away and boost it a million times. Keep running away. If the boss can still hit you, equip Item and bring x-potions.
-Ruin the boss completely with your now-invincible, stat-boosted superman.

This works on every boss I've ever seen in FFT. An alternate strategy is to use Orlandu, also known as the single most broken (non-missable) thing in any Final Fantasy game, ever.

Collins254

Jul 30, 2011
Ruby weapon FF7. > : - (
any one who has played naruto ninja storm 2... killer bee
arch angels in borderlands if im not the sniper class
and everytime i see a mothership in C&C3 Kane's Wrath i crap myself!!

alm96

Oct 11, 2009
Giant radscorpions and spore carriers from New Vegas. The former because they're absolutely disgusting and the latter for their tendency to jump you from behind.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Blackwings in Last Remnant near the beginning.

That curse they cast pisses me off to no end. It took me a while before I figured out how to deal with it.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Frogs from Metal Gear 4. They just cant stand still damnit! You cant sneak up on them either! And I always feel kinda bad when I hear their death scream. Reminds me they are just ordinary women behind that suit.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
The British commandos who show up in a flashback in:
{COD: Black Ops}
I just remember thinking, "Wait, I didn't sign up for this!" For a while, I tried getting through by knee-capping them and dashing past, but in the end just said "Feck it! I'll just pretend they're all from Blackpool."

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Yukari Takeba and Mitsuru Kirijo in Persona 3 FES

Both of them were freakin' hard, and I'm a HUGE Yukari fanboy so...I found it hard to fight her.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
teqrevisited said:
Last, but by no means least, Vergil and Sanctus of Devil May Cry 3 & 4 respectively. Two of the most annoying bosses to fight that I have ever encountered. Which has just reminded me of those Blaze clones from Streets of Rage...
I agree wholeheartedly about Sanctus. Not HARD to take down, just annoying.
Think it's worth giving a nod to the Saviour from that game too - bloody pain in the bum to kill. I would actually pay to skip that level...
Oh, and the dice game if that's allowed? Most annoying...thing...in the history of the universe. Expecially in the second-to-last mission, where there's a whole damn room of it. When I saw it for the first time, I cried.... :'(

Mind if I ask why you thought Vergil was annoying to fight though?
I found him much more of a fun challenge than an annoyance...

OT: The dream sequence in the mage's tower from Dragon Age. Played through it once, and now I've got a bunch of playthroughs that have stalled at that point because I find the tower so bloody boring to run through. The dream section in particular.

Running around trying to find the shrines in the first part of the Knights of the Nine DLC from Oblivion.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
http://soc.stalker-game.com/img/content/cr_bloodsucker.jpg[img]
This^^^ especial the cloaked ones

or fast zombies from ravenholm i think. the screeching!

SuperBio

Apr 7, 2011
Wow can't believe no one has said the Spider Guardian and Boost Ball Gaurdian from Metroid Prime 2. Those were by far the hardest boss fights in that game. Not to mention the save station was a mile away from the Spider Guardian.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Citizen Sane said:
Ansem from Kingdom hearts: Chain of Memories....I've yet to beat the dude and been trying off and on for the past like 6 years lol
You should level up. Leveling up always solves my problems haha. Or maybe just change your deck around.

SixWingedAsura said:
Yukari Takeba and Mitsuru Kirijo in Persona 3 FES

Both of them were freakin' hard, and I'm a HUGE Yukari fanboy so...I found it hard to fight her.
I found it hard to fight Akihiko for the same reason xD

Anyway, I really rather NOT fight Sephiroth from FFVII. Please. I don't want to watch a 7 minute animation on how you're destroying all the planets just to land an attack on me. Plus, if you don't have Knights of the Round, this fight takes forever. (coughlikeithappenedtomecough)

ChaosBorne

Jul 24, 2004
Fallout 3 all the enemies they added in Broken Steel, damn those guys have hit points through the roof and/or a lot of armor.

Fallout: New Vegas, Cazadores, probably because of my very first couple of experiences with them they raped me so frikken hard, also because they are ridiculously hard to snipe, those buggers won't stay still for more then a fraction of a second, now that i'm high level i breeze through them though i still hate them.

also in both games i loathe bloatflies and radroaches, definately not because of any danger they pose , i'm just really annoyed that they clutter up my "radar" getting me on edge every time for nothing.

cliff racers in morrowind, annoying as hell, after a certain point no longer a real danger but they just keep throwing themselves at me wasting my time and resources.

goblins in oblivion, again the resources required to kill them are just not justified when the payout for killing them is so low. i don't mind spending a crazy amount of time sneak killing everything i encounter as long as the reward is good enough, the loot they drop however doesn't deserve my characters time investment.

also not a monster but the entire dream sequence in dragon age origins is annoying, the first time it was a nice puzzle to solve, everytime after that though it's just annoying it takes too long and it's mostly just running around collecting the special powers to be able to progress.

pretty much any pokemon game, zubat and any other worthless pokemon that dares cross my path and refuses to let me run away, i usually stock up on the repellant so i don't run into pokemon in the parts that only spawn annoying ones.

basically any monster or enemy in a game where the effort doesn't match up to the reward given annoys me, also any enemy's where it isn't skill that determines whether you win or lose but luck does, i hate monsters that have a broken power that insta kills you or something like that which it does 50% of the time that's just lazy game design to artificially prolong the game time of players.

so yeah that's basically it.
enemies you can't avoid/run away from.
enemies without proper rewards.
enemies with broken powers.

Retronana

Nov 27, 2010
Gargoyles from witcher 2, holy shit they are relentless and actually hit like trains. Four hits and you're dead with no quen sign up, plus they move fast and attack fast.

And the golem (or were there 2?) from crono trigger, literally the only boss in any game I've played where you'd have to change your weapons and armor completely to stand any chance against him as he's cheap as hell unless you also use cheap tactics

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
smeghead25 said:
Small enemies that move annoyingly fast and serve just as cheap bullet-wasters. Also, flying attack drone type things. My least favorite enemy ever were the flying whatsits in Halo 2...
This, this, and THIS!!!!!! I hated those things, and they're even worse in Reach.

OT: It's a toss up between the Phantom or Dragon Maleficent from Kingdom Hearts. Actually, probably the Phantom. Most. Bullshit enemy. EVER.

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
the final boss at the end of Lost Planet. if i ever have to fight him again, it'll be too soon.

it was poor game design. the player spends the entire time, running around and jumping into mech that are very stiff with limited control, an aspect i really liked about the game. then, for no reason other than CAPCOM has never written a decent story in their entire existence, they make you jump into a super mech that has complete three dimensional control and can move very fast. and it only came with three attacks. so all the versatility i had learned in the game suddenly went out the window to make way for some big final battle that was literally no fun to play.

it's like i had spent an entire season honing my basketball skills and during the final of game of the play-offs, the coach runs up to us and says, "Okay, guys! WHO'S READY TO PLAY SOME FUCKING SOCCER?" i don't know who made that decision, but they need to be shot.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Retronana said:
Gargoyles from witcher 2, holy shit they are relentless and actually hit like trains. Four hits and you're dead with no quen sign up, plus they move fast and attack fast.

And the golem (or were there 2?) from crono trigger, literally the only boss in any game I've played where you'd have to change your weapons and armor completely to stand any chance against him as he's cheap as hell unless you also use cheap tactics
Not really. Just use fire or ice-based techs. You don't even need to equip Ruby Mail/Vests, because their spells are so, SO weak when they're using fire and ice magic.

I'm always surprised when people say how hard Golem and Golemtwins are. They're only hard for the 25 seconds it takes to switch them both to fire or ice magic. The rest of the fight from there is gravy.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Maneater and to a much lesser extent flamelurker from Demon's Souls. Both are cheap, But nothing surpasses how cheap maneater gets. Seriously it gets to the point of digusting.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Does a mission count if so Men in Gray from timesplitters 2 6 against 2 and your ai partner is an idiot so effectively 6 against 1 with turrets that kill you in a matter of seconds and i tried for gold which made you do it in 3 mins. 30 secs.