Critical Heights

JJShaw

Dec 19, 2011
BX3 said:
*snip*
JJShaw said:
Suchong + bow tie: awesomeness^2

I found a typo though... you wrote "on an actual console", whereas you meant to write "on PC, not some kiddie toybox for retards"

minor mistype, but still.
Y'know, it's funny, I just built myself a pretty decent gaming computer solely so I can finally play all my Steam games without framerate issues and crashing, and soon I'll be able to officially call myself part PC-Gamer... It's comments like this that make me kinda regret that choice... I don't wanna be associated with this type of dipshit behavior. I'm... I'm part of enough fandoms/groups that I'm moderately ashamed of, y'know...?

I don't wanna... like... add to it. I still haven't bought my video card yet. Maybe it's not too late to back out?
Come to the PC Gaming Master Race! We have cookies!

also, superior control scheme (most of the time) and resolution, at least 30 extra FPS to keep us company, generally better graphics, and a well-founded disdain towards dirty console gaming peasant. also also, cookies.

with great power sadly comes greater amounts of bullshit, so you'll quickly learn to hate anything associated with the horrible disease called *shudder* consolitis.

but, on the bright side, you can look down on the unwashed masses with obscene amounts of self-righteousness and superiority, and make fun of their gaming habits while being absolutely right. and they can't do shit about it.

isn't it a great time to be alive?

and no, mr. captcha, I'm not the least bit sorry.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
you know i hate WASD when I'm playing anything on a PC. sorry yes a mouse is nice for aiming in an FPS but I always find the mouse is way too sensitive and I have to turn it to the minimum setting and running around with WASD feels terrible and I can't stand it. it feels unnatural and my fingers start to hurt in under 15 minutes, moving with a joystick is way better IMO. I'm so used to joysticks now that running around in any FPS on a console feels fluid and natural honesty I never got that when I tried the PC and PC is what i started out on before I got my first console.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
The Tall Nerd said:
play on pc

play on consoles with exclusive titles, cost less, have reasonable controls and have a bajillion people online

im good,

if anyone can make me a VALID pc argument i am all for it, until then
a gaming pc is the worst f*** investment i have ever heard of
a) PC has hundreds of exclusive games. Ever played FTL? Diablo 3? And those are hardly the only ones. The PC has more exclusives than any console that's ever existed, you just don't hear about them because no-one's paid for them to be exclusive, and so no-one's desperately advertising "Look, we paid for this game and so now we need you all to buy it so as to justify our expense!!!".

b)(i) Every PC game costs less than its console equivalent, and that's just the AAA titles. The independent games (most of which you can't get on consoles at all) often cost less than $10 at release.
b)(ii) Yes a PC itself can be quite costly, but irrelevant as pretty much everyone has one already and a lot of games will happily play on a household desktop. Sure, you won't have the best graphics ever, but graphics aren't everything.
PC you already have + games $50.

c) Controls are a matter of what you're used to, but that doesn't let the PC down, as you can just plug a wired X-Box controller into a USB port and you've got the exact same control scheme as a console.

d) Lots of PC games have enough people on-line to get a game instantly no matter the time of day. Sure, not every one has, but then neither does every console game.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
The Tall Nerd said:
Lets be honest here. You seem to have made up your mind and just come off as the kid who taunts people to feel better about himself. "My toy is better than yours and your toy is stupid because i like mine better". How does that makes sense again?

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
The Tall Nerd said:
well lets respond in order
GOOD exclusives, there is a reason i have been sticking and standing up with Nintendo even with their occasional disregard of common sense for the common cent. they understand how game design works. there games are fun
sure the pc has exclusives but there has never been exclusive that made want to gaming rig my pc none, all my favorite games are console games for damn good reason, they are fantastic and they don't need to be on a expensive might i add
How many PC games have you played out of the tens of thousands that exist?
If you only look for console games and then go "Look, the only good games I've seen are on consoles!" isn't that a rather self fulfilling prophesy?

pc. especially if you want a good gaming rig, which from what i have heard costs more than all 3 of my consoles and my handheld combined.
I already addressed that point. Do you not have a PC at home? If you do, it can almost certainly run a good number of games out there. Probably not the AAA games you're thinking of, but if you constrain yourself to just those then you're already doing yourself a disservice.

if i wanna play something with an Xbox controller i will play my Xbox , i was playing this halo 4 thing the other night, quite lovely.
Well, that's your choice, that doesn't change the fact the PC is quite able to run both a controller and the keyboard+mouse styles if you want.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
The Tall Nerd said:
SNİP
If that is how you feel, you shouldn't go around looking for counter arguments and dismiss them when you find them based on your preferences. It just sounds juvanile and non sensical.

Also do you have a grudge against PC gamers? "Sorry if I offended your gaming rig" line sounds like a passive-agressive remark from an insecure person. If that is the tone you are going with, nobody should bother to argue with you.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Tall Nerd said:
bafrali said:
The Tall Nerd said:
Lets be honest here. You seem to have made up your mind and just come off as the kid who taunts people to feel better about himself. "My toy is better than yours and your toy is stupid because i like mine better". How does that makes sense again?
its more affordable i get more variety and i love it

therefore i think its better

when the hell did it become illegal to prefer something
i think pc gaming besides mmo's

( i wants phantasy star online dos)

is a waste of money, mods or fun and all but tats just how i feel
sorry if i offended your gaming rig but i think its stupid and has a stupid face
The Tall Nerd said:
Ignoring the fact that he already blew up your statement about affordability...

The Tall Nerd said:
i get more variety
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/19196-1/Fillion+Umm.gif

No. Stop speaking. What you say about PCs are invalid. Go back to enjoying your Xbox and stop talking about how it compares to PC, because you're either tweaking us or you literally have NO perspective on what PCs have available.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Tall Nerd said:
bafrali said:
The Tall Nerd said:
SNİP
If that is how you feel, you shouldn't go around looking for counter arguments and dismiss them when you find them based on your preferences. It just sounds juvanile and non sensical.

Also do you have a grudge against PC gamers? "Sorry if I offended your gaming rig" line sounds like a passive-agressive remark from an insecure person. If that is the tone you are going with, nobody should bother to argue with you.
i said i am looking for a counter argument
if someone gives me a good one
sure i will try it, i will try anything

and that was not passive-aggressive
its called making a joke

you forgot the add "it has a stupid face" part
sorry the internet doesn't have the tone technology yet, so these misscommunications happen
Your terrible grammar and punctuation makes it worse.

And you'll try anything?

OK.

Turn on the computer you already have (I know you have one) if you bought it within the last five years.

http://www.gog.com/

Go crazy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Tall Nerd said:
lacktheknack said:
The Tall Nerd said:
bafrali said:
The Tall Nerd said:

therefore i think its better

when the hell did it become illegal to prefer something
i think pc gaming besides mmo's

( i wants phantasy star online dos)

is a waste of money, mods or fun and all but tats just how i feel
sorry if i offended your gaming rig but i think its stupid and has a stupid face
The Tall Nerd said:
Ignoring the fact that he already blew up your statement about affordability...

The Tall Nerd said:
i get more variety
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/19196-1/Fillion+Umm.gif

No. Stop speaking. What you say about PCs are invalid. Go back to enjoying your Xbox and stop talking about how it compares to PC, because you're either tweaking us or you literally have NO perspective on what PCs have available.
no one blew up any argument

and it isn't, its how i feel pc gaming is a waste of time i get more variety and more fun out of consoles, if you disagree fine, but you damn sure aren't going to change my opinion because you want me to go away because i offended your pc.

alot of pc games don't appeal to me, therefore alot of them suck, its my opinion
deal with it

pc gaming is a waste of money
And I KNOW you're incorrect, because you demonstrate immense lack of understanding about every aspect of PC gaming. YOU deal with THAT.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
The Tall Nerd said:
bafrali said:
The Tall Nerd said:
SNİP

i said i am looking for a counter argument
if someone gives me a good one
sure i will try it, i will try anything

and that was not passive-aggressive
its called making a joke

you forgot the add "it has a stupid face" part
sorry the internet doesn't have the tone technology yet, so these misscommunications happen
But they already gave you all these arguments.

They said PC have more exclusives and it is true but you dismissed it based on your preferences.

They already proved that you exaggerated the expenses. I can prove it by the fact that I am using an old laptop for games like Just Cause 2 and getting decent frame-rate out of it.

They already proved that PC has more controller options but you dismiss them based on your preferences.

What is the deal with that type of argument?

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
The Tall Nerd said:
my prefence in video games is wrong

you know what, im not going to go in whats wrong with that
No-one's saying that. What's being said is that your reasons for disliking PC games are wrong. Not that your dislike itself is wrong.

Lots of people dislike PC gaming, for got valid reasons, or sometimes "just 'cos", and they're all entitled to their opinions.

But that's not the case here, you're not just giving your opinion, you're giving it along with a load of statements that are factually false.
We're not disagreeing with your right to an opinion, we're disputing the statements you claim are the reason for that opinion. Which is a different thing entirely.