Critical Miss: #18

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
ultimateownage said:
zombiejoe said:
Wait, your a vault tec C.E.O. and you didn't know about "it" My goodness!
This should clear up everything:http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/vault/pennyarcade.html#
Ah, yes, subject 77. He was just a joke we had at the office, to stick some twat in a vault with a box of puppets and see how long it too for him to go insane, kill himself, or realise the door was open.
I think we're going to be great friends Mr.C.E.O, now let's chat. You don't mind finding me a spot in vault 69 do you?

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
lol on the 8th panel, Erin's thumb is on the wrong side of her hand, and she has a triforce tatoo on her wrist.

anyways, loved it! the puppet was pure win!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Sir John The Net Knight said:
Owlslayer said:
I read the comic, then checked the comments. It took me a whole minute of staring to see what you people saw. What has been seen, cannot be unseen. Seriously, at first she was just eating a donut, but now...it makes me laugh, and feel guilty for seeing something that isn't even there.

Also, the joke was ok, but not brilliant.
Every time I look at it, I just see her eating a donut. I guess my mind doesn't spend enough time in the gutter. Also, I've noticed that the internet has turned everyone into a half-ass Roger Ebert. I really don't see anything wrong with this comic. This comic is a lot funnier than most webcomics. It may not be Picasso, but why does it have to be?

To quote Kevin Smith via Holden McNeil: The internet has given everyone a voice, and everyone uses that voice to ***** about movies. (You can apply this to any art of media, me thinks.)
Anonymity, be it partial or total, makes people more harsh, i guess. But hey, I'm not saying that the comic itself was bad, just #18 wasn't as great as the other ones. Overall i like Critical Miss and the art-style. Some of the jokes were really great, some weren't.
You can't always roll a natural 20, so to speak. (Ah, nerd references, you never get old)
Anyways, I'm pretty sure my mind doesn't spend time in the gutter (at least not a lot). Took me a lot of time to imagine what others saw.

Breakdown32

Nov 18, 2009
...Am I the only one thinking that the "Erin Stout" Puppet and Sharon are gonna be in a lot more comics now?

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
HTID Raver said:
lol on the 8th panel, Erin's thumb is on the wrong side of her hand, and she has a triforce tatoo on her wrist.
rrrrr, can I say Im pretty ashamed right now? I thought I was through with silly mistakes like that but they slip through I guess. It's embarrassing enough that its officially time for panel-by-panel-thumb-checks for me in the future. I do appreciate how you broke bad news to me while softening it with something I imagine you approve of(?) though.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
When I read it this morning, I was like 'meh, it's okay, but the others were better'
But now it just seems a little bit more frightening and humorous.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
foxyexplosion said:
HTID Raver said:
rrrrr, can I say Im pretty ashamed right now? I thought I was through with silly mistakes like that but they slip through I guess. It's embarrassing enough that its officially time for panel-by-panel-thumb-checks for me in the future. I do appreciate how you broke bad news to me while softening it with something I imagine you approve of(?) though.

it was a tiny mistake,they all have em. anyways the comic is still the best one on the site and is the only one to make me laugh in a long time lol

love how sharon just pulls out a erin puppet like she already has them made just in case xD

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Headcap said:
Am I the only one who gets the wrong impression of the first picture?
OH SHIT! I CANNOT UNSEE!

Any way, liked this one in particular. Bosses always frighten.

And the ending was gold, as usual!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
zombiejoe said:
ultimateownage said:
zombiejoe said:
This should clear up everything:http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/vault/pennyarcade.html#
Ah, yes, subject 77. He was just a joke we had at the office, to stick some twat in a vault with a box of puppets and see how long it too for him to go insane, kill himself, or realise the door was open.
I think we're going to be great friends Mr.C.E.O, now let's chat. You don't mind finding me a spot in vault 69 do you?
*kills the 1 man and opens vault 69* Feel free to go inside, but I warn you, for a vault with 999 women and one man, there's very little sex. It was probably because the man was fuck ugly though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Best comic yet! She really mows down them donuts, eh?

I absolutely love the way that Erin and the puppet are placed in consecutive panels so the reader can truly appreciate the similarities and differences between the two.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
ultimateownage said:
zombiejoe said:
ultimateownage said:
zombiejoe said:
*kills the 1 man and opens vault 69* Feel free to go inside, but I warn you, for a vault with 999 women and one man, there's very little sex. It was probably because the man was fuck ugly though.
WHOOO! Thanks, I'll just go inside and-OMG WHAT IS THAT THING! AHHHH! *door shuts behind*

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I kind of liked this series better when there were fewer panels. "Brevity is the soul of wit", said someone I cannot be bothered to google right now. I think there are some great ideas here, but I just can't sit through to get to them at the moment.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I kind of liked this series better when there were fewer panels. "Brevity is the soul of wit", said someone I cannot be bothered to google right now. I think there are some great ideas here, but I just can't sit through to get to them at the moment.
That comes from Hamlet, and he is not speaking of humor. His meaning was that intelligent people can say what they mean swiftly and to the point without bumbling around with useless information.