Critical Miss: #18

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Haha, that was pretty hilarious

[sub]Note* Why do I get the sudden feeling this is how Russ Pitts does business.

2nd Note* No offense Russ.[/sub]

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
I liked this a lot, even if my editor is about the exact opposite. At least, so far. I suppose he could be lulling me into a false sense of security and then EAT MY FACE the first time I missed a deadline, but I doubt it.

Although I need to keep my husband from seeing this, because he'd probably think it was a fantastic idea for keeping his employees in line. And, well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd sewn hand puppets in the name of evil.

(Also, PS: I kind of like that Erin isn't the angriest, scariest thing in the comic. If she was impervious to all authority and always had a snappy comeback for everything, it would get dull really fast. Nobody wants to read about a perfect character, no matter how amusingly bitter and sarcastic they are.)

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
CitySquirrel said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I kind of liked this series better when there were fewer panels. "Brevity is the soul of wit", said someone I cannot be bothered to google right now. I think there are some great ideas here, but I just can't sit through to get to them at the moment.
That comes from Hamlet, and he is not speaking of humor. His meaning was that intelligent people can say what they mean swiftly and to the point without bumbling around with useless information.
And you don't think that's what I intended it to mean?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Headcap said:
Am I the only one who gets the wrong impression of the first picture?
... AHAHAHAHA.

Good, good poster. You just changed my thoughts about this comic completely.

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
Tom Phoenix said:
I....I think I'm in love...

It's official! Sharon is the most badass character of this webcomic! =)
Seconded.

HSIAMetalKing said:
Why do all pretty female bosses/superiors portrayed in contemporary media have to be mean and scary, as if they're all desperately seeking empowerment and to elevate their authority? I think it's a tired progressive-stereotype.

Also, doughnut BJ, lol~
I think it's the standard "Black and White" world thing. In general people see things in their most extreme, or they want to separate things into their neat little boxes... You know with no "grays", complex conflicted characters, or paradoxes in between.
Basically most men either want a standard house wife type woman that has no real drive, or individual thought... Or strong, independent, scary/mean businesswomen. The whole seeking empowerment and trying to elevate authority thing is likely innate sexism coming from the earlier category.

(Disclaimer: I don't think I'm smart or any different from the generalization I described; I'm just rambling) :-/

Irradiated Tiger

Feb 8, 2010
Those hand puppets are the type of puppets that take your firstborn child and kill you in your sleep.

SEAL OF APPROVAL!

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
HSIAMetalKing said:
Why do all pretty female bosses/superiors portrayed in contemporary media have to be mean and scary, as if they're all desperately seeking empowerment and to elevate their authority? I think it's a tired progressive-stereotype.

Also, doughnut BJ, lol~
Beacuse we like it that way! >:)

On a less stupid note, I don't this is a case of a gender stereotype, really. Infact, you can find a great deal of nicer female bosses/superiors in fiction. No, I think this is more of a job stereotype. Regardless of gender, editors in journalism tend to be potrayed as "hardasses" who make life for employees miserable and who make it very clear to them that they should be grateful to even have the job and that they better slave away for days on end if they hope to keep it.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
HTID Raver said:
it was a tiny mistake,they all have em. anyways the comic is still the best one on the site and is the only one to make me laugh in a long time lol

love how sharon just pulls out a erin puppet like she already has them made just in case xD
heh thanks. And sharon is always ready with a number of insults for any occasion. Its one of the many talents that got her hired as an editor

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Ah, we finally get back to the storyline. I realize that this comic isn't about that, but it hasn't really established much of a setting yet, and most of the characters are just blank slates.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
"I wouldn't dream of crossing you Sharon!
Beacuse I know if I did, you'd find me...
...in the dark...
...and you'd cut me."

O.O... Yawohl fraü Oberführer!